What's new

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Im back!

Im back!

Hey IC, i finally got my seeds from various different sources and im ready to grow again soon. I'll probably begin growing late november, cus im gonna have to build a brand new setup. The setup I recently used (the one used in this grow) wont be accessible for about a year. My new setup will consist of a c13/c25, or the larger c22/c24 cabinet. I'll be doing a 400w DWC ScrOG if i choose the c13/c25 or a 400w DWC SOG if i choose the c22/c24. I really dont know what strain i'll grow next, since i have 10 different varieties to choose from. My collection consists of (not listed in any particular order):

(each pack contains 10 seeds, about 100 total)

KC Brains- Northern Lights Special Original
KC Brains- Mango
NRS- Chrystal
NRS- AK48 (New pack, lost the remainder of my old pack)
NRS- White Widow
NRS- ICE
NRS- Aurora Indica
NRS- Bubblelicious
Freebie- MasterKush x HinduKush
Bagseed- Skunk

What should i grow next IC? Whatever you guys pick will be the stain i grow next. Well anyways, i'll be growing again late this year. Take care! :wave:

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i second the kc mango.. just smoked some last night. its tasty. the tastiest imo (not in terms of strength.. but pleasentness) of a whole group of bugs we had going around in the roor and pipes. and we had some other greats like dj blueberry and the infamous texas shoreline in the mix.

i'm a believer in the weed

just not in the breeder - so don't buy any more kc packs

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
KB, SN- Yea Mango was the strain i was thinking to choose too. So yea, i guess i'll pick mango next. Thanks. :wave: I might also do a second strain at the same time; does anyone have any suggestions for the second strain?

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
I'm gonna hafta third that Pontiac.

I have KC brains strains available to me and I rarely have seen any KC grows on IC or even back on OG.
I've heard a few bad things about them...but I've also seen some very impressive results.
The K-36 always looked interesting to me.

Mango and NL sound like a bang up team for a good grow.

lookin forward as usual Pontiac

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Yea im always wondering why KC got a bad rep. Do you have any links to kc grows?

Yea i agree with you TML, NL is the perfect strain to grow along with mango. So my next grow will be Mango and NL. Hmm, if my Mango and NL grow turns out good, then i guess i'll give kc-36 a shot too. Thanks TML. :wave:

Thanks everyone! :wave: I better get busy and start working on my new setup.

Last edited:
G

i've never heard anyone knockin the NL, can't go wrong IMO

can't wait....my chair stays :D

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
sorry Pontiac...don't have any links, though I'm sure there was a KC grow here on IC in the Flower Pix section not too long ago.

Like UN sez, you can't go wrong with NL.
There was a time (about 10 years ago) everywhere I went "everybody" claimed to have the NL. Nowadays I think it's crossed with just about everything.

Not exactly sure how KC got a bad rep...I've only heard bad things, and seen good things

I'm sure you'll do KC some justice :respect:

I'll just finish this joint off here with UN while you set up for the next show :lurk:

D

dre86

I grew KC Brains Danky Doodle & TNR......was very pleased, especially considering the money I paid. Now KC Brains 'Haze Special is in my current grow and I am....pleased so far, paid less than 2 $ per seed (incl. shipping)...best of luck to you & props on this grow; very nice!

edit: pic of my KC Brains Danky Doodle
dscn78489vd.jpg

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Hmm i found this thread explaining why KC got a bad rap. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35084

Something about the breeder himself ripping off ppl and things like that. Also I hear his seeds have poor germ rates and has unconsistant genetics. But after seeing some of kc buds (like the ones below), i really cant resist the idea of giving his seeds a shot. Edit- im also loving dre86s pic above.

I did find one excellent grow of KC brains Mango. Seeing this thread convinced me to give KC genetics a shot: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18723

Pics from various ICmag growers (all KC):

Mango day 46:
6975mango_edited.jpg

Leda Uno harvest:
881Leda_Uno_01.JPG

More Mango:
6905Picture_322.jpg

6905Picture_477.jpg

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
UN- yea no doubt, cant lose with NL. Gonna grow it along with the mango. Thanks for stopping bro! :wave:

TML- yea i'll try my best to give kc some good rep. That is if his seeds dont piss me off or anything by not germing. It'll be a while till i grow do a real grow again, maybe late november to early december of this year. I got a new setup in mind and i gotta concentrate on its designs and such. In the mean time i'll post some pics of my new mother plants and such. Thanks for stopping bro, always greatful to get your response. :wave:

dre86- thanks for the reassurance bro; im no longer reluctant to grow his beans. i too have spent very little for each pack. So i wont lose nothing but time if KCs genetics are crap. Im gonna check out your grow more often bro, it looks SWEET! :jawdrop:

Last edited:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Sounds like you got a good selection of magic beans..like to see the momma's you got going too.. :wave:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Merry X-Mas To You Pontiac and all ICMaggers!

Hope Cannabis Clause is good to you

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TML16- Aww, thanks TML! :eek:: Too late to say merry christmas in return but i just wanna wish you happy (remaining) holidays and happy newyear. Hope you had a wonderful christmas. I'm sure you've been good all year and that canna clause left an ounce of chronic in your stocking. :joint:

Eldust- Thanks man, i wish you the best of luck for your upcomming harvest.

Unbound- Thanks :wave:

Bhangman- Thanks :wave:

p2p- Thanks pack, its near the end of 06 and i'm working on the new setup as promised. Will get the mommas going soon.

God damn, i dont know how this ghetto diary got a wopping 32500+ views! Its really blowing my mind! :jawdrop:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Well its december and i'm working on the new setup as previously promised. I got a really nice and effecient setup in mind. All i can say right now is that a 1lb harvest will be possible from my new setup. I'll be using a single millspride C13/C25 (or similar; NOT C22/C24) cabinet. I know it may seem a bit farfetched, but please dont jump into any conclusions just yet; i'll explain it all later.

Man, its been a while since i've grown anything; been too busy with school and suckin down AK48 these past months. I'm seriously down to 4 or 5 grams :yoinks: (i harvested 8.25oz) and I'm in desperate need of some freshly grown chronic. The new setup will be built from scratch and it'll probably be done sometime after newyears. I went to homedepot to check out the materials that i'll be needing for this grow. I was dissapointed to find that the rumors on the forums were correct; there are no more millspride cabinets in homedepot (C13, C22, C24, C25). It turns out that some company called "closetmaid" has replaced millspride. But the good news is that the closetmaid cabinets are almost identicle to the millspride cabinets. I've noticed that Closetmaid has replacements for the C25 and C24 (and a few other models). Some differences that i've noticed in the C25's replacement are that its little bigger (good), has less holes for shelve adjustment (bad), has metalic door handles (nuetral), and has more shelves that comes standard (good).

I plan on doing a step by step construction of my new cabby, and then ofcourse a grow diary. Well anyway, i'll be updating more soon so stay tuned! :wave:

Last edited:
G

right on pontiac good to see you're getting back at it! i'm hopefully getting setup again in january too :yes: i can't wait to see how yours turns out, those 48's were a beautiful thing :D

G

I am in for this a pound a harvest sounds good fun!
Good luck with the setup/grow!
~neilspotshop

Latest posts

Latest posts