What's new

RGS Outdoor Compitition - Freezeland IBL, Mighty Freeze, Whitey Freeze, GG#2

Hillbilly69

The big freezland, gave her a few handfulls of hen manure pellets yesterday. Buds are starting to form quite nicely!
20230812_210107.jpg

Hillbilly69

I'm hoping, she's getting hit by mites or some other small bug, yellowing some leaves. But packing on the buds and will hopefully be ready in a month 👍
The other Freezeland is flowering very sslloowwllyyy for what ever reason...

browntrout

Veteran
Beautiful! I kinda miss the old freeze. It's hybrids had a lot of the flower flippyness were they would flower early, reveg and flower again. What does your freezeland smell like? I remember Breeder Brad's release years had an array of different smells, pheno depending. Some piney, some skunky, some berry, it's certainly a stinker and not one easily forgettable.

Hillbilly69

Yeah, I got the flower flippyness with the mighty freeze, not so much the freezeland. But one is taking it's good old time to bud. The smell is pretty much what you said. I'd say the big green pheno leans more towards piney smell and the bushy pink pheno has a sweeter smell. They smells good that's for sure!
I'm curious about the Kwikseeds offering of the original friesland (M33).

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

Just caught this thread..... all caught up now.
I planted some friesland this year but our resident deer mowed them down about 2 weeks after I put them out in the ground. I didn't put any fencing around them and that was a mistake.
I'm at close to 52N in BC at about 3000ft elevation and I really want to see if these will finish here. Luckily this super awesome guy I know gifted me some healthy sacks of these to play with. ;)

Hillbilly69

Just caught this thread..... all caught up now.
I planted some friesland this year but our resident deer mowed them down about 2 weeks after I put them out in the ground. I didn't put any fencing around them and that was a mistake.
I'm at close to 52N in BC at about 3000ft elevation and I really want to see if these will finish here. Luckily this super awesome guy I know gifted me some healthy sacks of these to play with. ;)
I know all too well how that feels, lost a whole crop to a moose one year.
We're on the same quest it seems, I'm east coast. So far the freezeland IBL from RGS are doing great, but it is a cross. I'm really interested in seeing if they have the mold resistance.
If the friesland does well in your area they would do well here too!

Tynehead Tom

nice looking plant!!
It's funny how they can surprise us sometimes eh?

I'm hoping the friesland will trigger in July for me but we'll see next year.
Usually I only grow by light dep in the greenhouse and I allow for 10 weeks of 12/12 end mid to end of september. I count back the weeks and that is when I start light dep. But next summer there are some events I want to attend and I can't if I have to be here to run the light dep. With Friesland maybe I can set up some drip lines and they can auto water while i do other things. We'll see..... next year LOL

Tynehead Tom

When I ran full season and no light dep I generally start to see some preflower stretch in the last week of july and pistils around Aug 16 to 31.... some won't trigger until mid september when daylight is actually at 12/12 and fading. Those are the indoor types for sure.
Frosts by sept 10th is my general rule to go by and october is a total crapshoot and heaters are required 24/7

Friesland could work here if I look for the fastest plants and start acclimating them and crossing them to other varieties to pass on that early flowering trigger and I might have a few lines that will work here..... ya never know till you breed it and try

Hillbilly69

The big green pheno freezeland started to flower first week of July and the pink pheno mid July. But the buds are not growing very fast, so thinking they have a longer flower period.

Hillbilly69

A few whitey freeze, these are in recycled pots from last year so the organic soil isn't as rich as the new batch from this spring. They yellowed off much faster than anticipated, all the rain surely didn't help, yeild is less than it could be but should be very smooth to smoke! The smell on these is so nice, sweet fruity but a little earthy at the same time. Should be done by the end of the month! Very little mold on these babies...
20230818_181834.jpg

20230818_182022.jpg
20230818_182106.jpg

Last edited: