What's new

Punto rojo selection and repro

ChemDogLover

See the thread.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd say you'd have to run a lot more TLT punto rojo plants to find a keeper than you would if you started with CBG (or BSC) seed stock.
Thank you :tiphat:

RobFromTX

If not oldcoolsativa, here are two other choices I have found

I have never ordered from there or grown Punta Rojo, but I want too

They're just another Hype Op. They joined icmag answered a few questions and disappeared without a trace. Not to mention using other breeders photos and they don't even list their sources, much less provide barely any growing info. Talk about lazy. If they're gonna scam people the least they can do is be legit about it and finish their website

Last edited:

Tranquilidade

They're just another Hype Op. They joined icmag answered a few questions and disappeared without a trace. Not to mention using other breeders photos and they don't even list their sources, much less provide barely any growing info. Talk about lazy. If they're gonna scam people the least they can do is be legit about it and finish their website
They succeeded in offering a variety of cultivars that were previously unavailable on the market. Although not perfect, they are legit, at least from a business perspective. Check Jade Nectar's Instagram at https://instagram.com/jadenectar, where he is cultivating numerous TLT landraces this season and documenting the process.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

They succeeded in offering a variety of cultivars that were previously unavailable on the market. Although not perfect, they are legit, at least from a business perspective. Check Jade Nectar's Instagram at https://instagram.com/jadenectar, where he is cultivating numerous TLT landraces this season and documenting the process.

Any grow reports in progress available? Thats what i use for validation. I know instagrams the next big thing but i just don't mess with it.

OldCoolSativa

6 Weeks

Speaking of grow reports, here's an update on a couple of my favorites in the flower tent after six weeks of flowering on 11.5 hours of light.

Here's #12, she's always just "had that look" since she was a seedling. Predicted to be one of the faster plants based on preflower timing, her buds do look more developed than the others. She's a green pheno.
PR12 F43.jpg

My bet is on PR #21 for a keeper. Green pheno, extremely vigorous, and the aromas coming off of the mother seed plant from which this cut was taken are really exotic - coffee and caramel, without a hint of sweetness.
PR21 F43.jpg

Last is a red pheno, #28. Beautiful structure and buds.
PR28 F43.jpg

I wish I had time to show you the other five plants in the tent, but trust me: they're all gorgeous. The NH x THH plants are much greasier and resinous than the punto rojo plants, with much larger calyxes. Clearly a Thai vs Colombian thing going on.

I plant to pollinate lower branches next week using pollen from three PR males and from a nice Nanda Devi male.

OldCoolSativa

8 Weeks

Last week I harvested the 8 selected female seed plants that have been growing since June. They're scrawny bitches being underfed in such small pots, but I'm getting a decent seed yield. Seeds are mature and dark and really small, like a proper Colombian sativa. I snipped the apical buds from each plant so I can smoke test them against the sinsemilla versions that I'm growing from clones. Despite trying to hold off for a couple weeks to let them cure a bit, I couldn't help myself today and took one puff of the seeded top from PR #21. Happy to report that it's very good weed. The buzz is comparable to the Nevil's Haze x Tom Hill Have that I've been smoking lately. More smoke reports to come. Here's a pic of the bagged and seeded punto rojo getting its cure on.

PR seed plant tops.jpg

Last night, after 8 weeks of flowering under 11.5/12.5, I turned off the fans and set about labeling and pollinating a lower branch on each plant with pollen from four different males: PR18, PR19, PR34 and a Nanda Devi. So that's 24 1:1 punto rojo pairings, and F1s of punto rojo x nanda devi from 8 different females. I'll have lots of seeds to play with. The seeds will have plenty of time to mature because I can't see any of these finishing in less than 14 weeks.

I snapped some 8-week-flower pictures of my favorite (for now) females...

PR #12
PR12 F56.jpg

PR #21
PR21 F56.jpg

PR #28
PR28 F56.jpg

OldCoolSativa

As I was harvesting the seeds (by hand) I noticed the aroma coming from my fingers after collecting seeds from PR #20 was pine. I mean, not like a little touch of pine, or pine-sol cleaner, but more like stick your nose on the stump of a freshly felled yellow pine tree on a hot summer day. It was a really intense piney smell. This makes me happy, because I remember pine aromas coming from the sativas I experienced as a youth in the 1970s. It also reminded me of this spreadsheet and graphic I put together a few years ago...

1702386385877.png

OldCoolSativa

View attachment 18943933 View attachment 18943934

I am trying some cbg f3 red dot seeds, I have 10 plants of different ages, there is a pheno with very narrow leaves that I really like.
That's a thing of beauty. A throwback to a time when primo herb from tropical climes looked like that. I also seek those phenos. Closest I got in this grow was PR19, a male. I'll proginy test him this year. I hope it smokes as good as it looks.

arbac

That's a thing of beauty. A throwback to a time when primo herb from tropical climes looked like that. I also seek those phenos. Closest I got in this grow was PR19, a male. I'll proginy test him this year. I hope it smokes as good as it looks.
My punto rojo looks narrower than it is, it folds the blade of its leaflets as if forming a "V" shaped channel.
IMG_20240114_172520~2.jpg

I have a Uhkrul pheno that is more august than leaflets, very beautiful leaf
IMG_20240114_172824.jpg

IMG_20240114_172508.jpg

IMG_20240114_172505.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts