What's new

HOLY SHIT! Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus.

Miraculous Meds

update on changes for topical HAO.

I used the traditional recipe for HAO but changed the coconut oil for shea butter. The concoction didn't blend really well. Might be due to not having it hot enough for mixing. But I went ahead n added a ml of soy lecithin to emulsify, n heated it some more to equally blend the hao. It then mixed evenly.

I applied it generously to my knees n lower back for their sore aching problems I was having. I made a half batch, so about 10g of ingredients in total, with 5g being hash oil. I used roughly half of that over 2 days. I noticed significant pain relief n not positive but I feel like it reduced inflammation in those areas, n around my ankles where I have some problems too. Now its been a couple days since I applied anything n still have noticeable relief in those areas that I have treated.

So for me, early testing is very promising. I will continue to use this medicine when needed n see if its really still helping, or if my situation might have been improved thru the old placebo/power of the mind deal.

On the shea butter change, I cant compare to the topical made with coconut oil, but imo thought that the hao soaked in pretty well. When I took a shower n washed the treated area, it definitely left a slight tackiness, but nothing like pure bho does when it gets on u. I wonder if winterizing/dewaxing will help in the absorption n tackiness issue. which really isn't a prob for me personally, just want to make sure im absorbing all the cannabinoids possible, so not to waste any of this concentrated medicine.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the response Gray Wolf, but u missed my question.

I was asking about the specific choice for the cinnamon bark oil, cinnamon leaf oil, n myrrh gum.

The reason I was asking is cause there is 3 or 4 choices for each one. Organic, co2, steam distilled, etc... Does it matter which one u use?

We use steam distilled from one of the following:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For winterizing the bho, do u just dissolve the bho in the alcohol, freeze till its low temp, then pour thru a coffee filter?

GW, do u weigh 10g of winterized bho for these recipes? Im wondering how much more concentrated they are after winterizing?

Yes, we winterize with 190 proof ethanol, using the technique you describe.

I usually make it in lots, starting with how much cannabis absolute I have on hand. Making the recipe in 10 gram lots, just makes it easy to expand or contract the recipe, by moving decimal places.

Concentation after winterization, depends a whole lot on what you start with. I've removed from around 8% and as much as 20%, with outdoor typically producing more waxes than indoor.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Gray Wolf,

Hope you do not mind me sharing my try at making Ghee using your suggestions in the #7 IC magazine.:tiphat:

I am enjoying the two different flavors/strains I made...thank you.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep15015
Different Brain Regions are Infected with Fungi in Alzheimer’s Disease

The cannabis / alzheimer connection? As we all know, several main cannabinoids are antifungal.

Amazing.

Good article; thanks! Hope we are finally on to the cause!

I helped with an alzhiemers patient, who extended her life about four more years beyond prognosis and enjoyed a much higher quality of life during that time.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/alzheimers-mom-and-cannabis/

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/anna-the-dog-and-alzheimers/

LostTribe

Premium user
Gray Wolf,

Hope you do not mind me sharing my try at making Ghee using your suggestions in the #7 IC magazine.:tiphat:

I am enjoying the two different flavors/strains I made...thank you.

View Image

What strains you got in them jars?

The one that is lighter is about the color I get from my hashplant aka c99 fem x ak-47 male. Great stuff coming out of them for sure.

I get solid stuff with a long winterization of a few days in the freezer with either 91 iso or everclear. My bruddah's visited from big island and seattle and were amazed at the consistency sorta like jolly ranchers. I love them! Shit have to make more this week since I gave them some for their stay and I usually do small batches of about 1.5 oz's. I have some old buds saved up ready to go gotta work them soon.

The Tribe

First, I'd like to thank you GW, for the many cocontributions that you have made to the concentrate world. I have only been processing for a little over a year now and I learned right from the start, that SPR was like my bible. I have made the capsules using this recipe and subbing the bho with ethanol washed reclaim (from bho) that I've run through my alcohol reclaim stil (Thank you again!!). I can tell you that EVERYONE, including the grumpiest elderly woman that you've ever met, absolutely loved them! She now calls me sweetheart and baby and loves the edibles too! So thank you, again, for helping make sick people feel better without even knowing it. RESPECT.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yo gray wolf, was wondering your thoughts on using the emu oil on the oral one as well, ive heard a lot of good things about the emu oil for consumption..

Edit: since no response yet, 2 more questions!
1. How do you store it? I store my canna oil in freezer in syringes, can u store this the same?
2. Have you considered other ingredients, such as cayenne pepper for the oral one? I use capsules so taste isnt an issue... Thanks!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo gray wolf, was wondering your thoughts on using the emu oil on the oral one as well, ive heard a lot of good things about the emu oil for consumption..

Edit: since no response yet, 2 more questions!
1. How do you store it? I store my canna oil in freezer in syringes, can u store this the same?
2. Have you considered other ingredients, such as cayenne pepper for the oral one? I use capsules so taste isnt an issue... Thanks!

I don't see any good reasons not to use Emu oil in the oral, but haven't tried it. The MSDS shows it to be relatively benign. http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9923908

We store concentrates in a freezer.

I've played with adding other ingredients, including piperine from black peppers, but haven't explored it in any depth.

Carla and Dr Kate, Pharm D, have done most of our recent formulation research, so if you will contact me at [email protected], I will connect ya'll and you can ask them.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How often apply, do cover?

I suggest putting a band aid over it to keep from staining your clothes.

I would just coat it liberally, being careful to not spread it so far around the spot, that a band aid won't stick and do it a couple times a day.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
has anyone ever had success getting rid of warts or moles using fresh wet bubblehash plasters/poultice? i always wonder when i collect it and it looks like mud if it could be used like that?

pokearound

Greetings Folks, I'm looking for some input regarding Glycerin Tincture production.

Not sure if this thread is the best location for my questions, though this is an active thread, Cheers Gray Wolf! :tiphat:

GW, I have read both the Skunkpharm website and your informative numerous postings here at IC MAG. I even took your class in 2013, yet I am always curious to refine my Glycerin Tincture methods and keep on learning.

I am using Charlotte's Web Flowers. I am primarily looking for pain relief.
Based on my research thus far, I am anticipating starting up three batches using three methods....

-Glycerin Cold process for approximately 120 days.
-Glycerin Heat process, based on skunkpharm method, with the goal of a stimulative product.
-Glycerin Heat process, based on skunkpharm method, with the goal of a sedative product.

-Is decarboxylation desired for all three processes? (200 degrees until frangible)
CBDA vs. CBD for pain relief?
I think the cold process will decarboxylate over time?

-A quote from a post of yours GW.....
...."The last step is to finish decarboxylating the mixture. I say finish,
because it is the sum total of the time at temperature we have to consider.
If I want speedier meds, I need about 30 minutes at 250F and if I want
sleep meds, I want a lower temperature and longer time, like 225F for one
hour."

.....Am I correct to assume the above quote is in reference to the *final* run in the hot oil pot set? (after first bringing the mix to 160 degrees six or seven times?)

(Are both the oven decarbing and *final* run decarbing in hot oil pot set necessary?)
(So as to impart the best flavors, could one skip the oven decarbing and just do the *final* run decarbing in hot oil pot set?)

Thanks for any input and advice.
~Keep On, Keepin' On ~ Pokearound

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings Folks, I'm looking for some input regarding Glycerin Tincture production.

Not sure if this thread is the best location for my questions, though this is an active thread, Cheers Gray Wolf! :tiphat:

GW, I have read both the Skunkpharm website and your informative numerous postings here at IC MAG. I even took your class in 2013, yet I am always curious to refine my Glycerin Tincture methods and keep on learning.

I am using Charlotte's Web Flowers. I am primarily looking for pain relief.
Based on my research thus far, I am anticipating starting up three batches using three methods....

-Glycerin Cold process for approximately 120 days.
-Glycerin Heat process, based on skunkpharm method, with the goal of a stimulative product.
-Glycerin Heat process, based on skunkpharm method, with the goal of a sedative product.

-Is decarboxylation desired for all three processes? (200 degrees until frangible)
CBDA vs. CBD for pain relief?
I think the cold process will decarboxylate over time?

hour."

.....Am I correct to assume the above quote is in reference to the *final* run in the hot oil pot set? (after first bringing the mix to 160 degrees six or seven times?)

(Are both the oven decarbing and *final* run decarbing in hot oil pot set necessary?)
(So as to impart the best flavors, could one skip the oven decarbing and just do the *final* run decarbing in hot oil pot set?)

Thanks for any input and advice.
~Keep On, Keepin' On ~ Pokearound

Its only necessary to decarb one time and I prefer to do it after extraction. If you are doing a hot extraction, you are partially decarbing with the process, so it will take less time afterwards.

pokearound

Thanks for the input Gray Wolf.

So, after reading skunkpharm website, I bring the mixture up to 160 degrees for 6 or 7 times and......
***on the final run......."If I want speedier meds, I need about 30 minutes at 250F and if I want sleep meds, I want a lower temperature and longer time, like 225F for one
hour."*** Right? (or run the speedy/ sleep cycle after pressing and removing cannabis puck?)

Also, with my cold soak 120 day batch....... is no decarbing necessary at all? Does sufficient decarbing occur naturally over such a long soak?

Thank You for any input. I'm attempting to make sure I glean as much information before I take any action. Your efforts and shared knowledge are greatly appreciated.

pokearound

hour."

**Might be a silly question, yet in the above quote, the 250f and 225f are referring to the temperature of the glycerin cannabis mix or the canola oil in the electric fondue pot?**

Thanks for any help. Cheers, Pokearound