What's new

Your GUITAR !

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have several guitars Jacksons & Deans but the one i play & like the most is a Schecter Hellraiser C-8 for more range
picture.php

picture.php

waveguide

Veteran
physicalmodelinglms_html_m1f0ed0ea.png

:) extended karplus-strong with allpass diffusion, orthogonally coupled waveguides and reflection junctured for touch harmonics

sounds like some bullshit on a computer :)

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my Hohner HG 730.
Circa 1980... Made In Japan
It is a copy/clone of the Guild F50 model...

I have had it for a few years. FUCKING SWEET GUITAR. I have another Hohner (a late 70s custom)... they are RAD!
There are arguments that the 70/80's Japanese guitars are superior to the American made instruments of the same era. Whatever. If you picked up a 70s era Martin or Guild, and strummed it with your eyes closed, then grabbed a Hohner, you would be surprised what your ears liked - probably different that what your eyes liked on the headstock.

Its 35years old. Cured realllllllllllly nicely. Binding galore. GALORE! The fretboard!!!!! Its got a 3 piece mahogany back, mahogany sides.... the paint job on it is love/hate... personally I love it. And the cool paint job saved me $500.. as the other ones I was looking at were 1200... the paint job hurt the collectibility of it. SHIT IM A PLAYER!!!!! Gimme gimme hahaha.

picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
New Bruce Banner slap on my old Charvel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

She's been around the globe with me over the past 30 years and still kicking ;-)~

Attachments

• Charvel with sticker.jpg
    Charvel with sticker.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 79
  • Charvel case.jpg
    Charvel case.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 80

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Not being the picky sort, I will play just about any type of electric guitar, PROVIDED THAT it is a Fender Strat ha ha.

Here are the evil twins that I've owned for a few years, and play best when properly buzzed on some premium smoke. Oddly, when I am not buzzed, I can only bring myself to playing scales over and over again, with no creative juices flowing at all.

The grey one with the rosewood neck is made in the good old USA, whilst the black one with the maple neck made in from Mehico, senor. To tell the truth, both of them play beautifully, and render that unmistakable Strat sound that I crave.

Also included are my pair of 15 watt Marshall amps, one for the guitar, and the other connected to my Alesis drum machine. My core audience comprises my long-suffering dogs and cats, and thus far, there have been no complaints from them about my playing style, knock on wood.

:tiphat:

Attachments

• Twin Strats2.jpg
    Twin Strats2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Twin Marshall Amps 15 Watts.jpg
    Twin Marshall Amps 15 Watts.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 78

Mr.Miner

Cool thread.
I have a re-issue, re-issue of the 1972 American Standard Strat, made in Japan. The first re-issue in '02 was a killer guitar and I sold it when I went to school. Then they re-issued it again a few years ago and I jumped on it.

No pics, sorry, but it's that vanilla pudding color for the body with a maple neck and white pick guard. I love this guitar.

I play it through a 12" Fender Princeton or a 50:50 12" Mesa Boogie that I picked up a couple of years ago. I am selling the latter as soon as I can. It's way too much amp for what I need since I am not gigging anymore. She's a beauty, though.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Have heard GREAT things about those MIJ Fenders.

Thinner neck than an American made?

Must sound incredible through that Princeton!!

Mr.Miner

Have heard GREAT things about those MIJ Fenders.

Thinner neck than an American made?

Must sound incredible through that Princeton!!

Thanks! Yes, they are incredible. Sad to say but I like them better than new MIA models, though nothing can compare to the American Standard Stats of yore.

And yes, my neck is a little thinner. I love the action. It sounds really sweet through the Princeton and my Tube Screamer makes it sing when kicked on.

belleswell

I started playing in '64 so I've had a few years to get to where I'm
at. 36 total. Here are a few.

Ibbies
zdJfBo0h.jpg

JS
U7TQMvSh.jpg

Gibsons '68 custom on left
xsBWsqzh.jpg

Ibanez JS Snake
Tsk12wph.jpg

Agile and Gibson
LqpMMo8h.jpg

belleswell

Very nice!

A Les Paul with a Floyd Rose.......:confused:

What pick ups are in the snakes guitar?

Which one is your go to?

Thanks.
The LP with the Floyd is a sig model that Gibson did for Alex Lifeson of Rush. It's called
the Les Paul Axcess. It came with or without Floyd and even had the option of a Piezo
pickup buried under the bridge. I have two.

The Snake model is a replica of the one of a kind that Joe has. The one Joe has was done by a friend of his. Mine was painted by Shadoe Mckee of Beyond Custom guitars. She does a nice job on these. It was basically a '02 JS 1000 which has the
DiMarzio PAF-Pro neck pickup, DiMarzio Fred bridge pickup.

My fave collector model which gets some play time but not as much as I would like, is the JS 10th Chromeboy. The fragile chrome finish peels easily and if it loses chrome off the finish, it can take thousands off the value. The material under the chrome is called luthite, and it is bright canary yellow. This material stood up to the chroming process much better than the earlier attempt with the JS2, which had chrome over wood. When I play mine, I put static cling vinyl on the guitar where my arm would rest and some by the picking area to avoid a mishap.

My fave player is an Ibanez J Custom RG3. It has Tone Zone and Air Norton pups. It also has tri-sound switching with gives 15 distinct tonal variations.

Here is the other LP Axcess. Love the top on this.
sFGzLsZh.jpg

Gibson And Agiles
L7PlSo0h.jpg

My fave player. Ibanez J Custom
J4YD21Ah.jpg

Tri-sound switching
oMKnRpsh.jpg

Satriani cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6UK7ofXiw

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
J Custom is a beauty with an awesome pup combo.

As a Rush fan, I should have known that LP.

PAF pro very awesome! Would like to have one in the bridge of my Peavey.

Or take out the single coils and put in a pair of them!

Pups would be worth almost as much as the guitar tho! HaHa!

Nice playing and impressive collection of gear!