What's new

You seen my DOG? im feeling a little dogless ... :( help me find my doggie?

acespicoli

subrob
Jan 6, 2010 #60

just jarred up some chem d tonight
Feb 8, 2010 #64

the chem d rocks for sure...heres some cured up nice...couple weeks ago got to try the finest sample ive had to date of chem4 and it completely changed my mind about her...cant wait to try more...just picked up doubleundergawg and two phenos of aliendawg(ether and cherry)..im kinda trying to catch up on what exactly these strains are..ive heard from many they are kick ass, just havent learned all about them yet..

picture.php

picture.php

acespicoli

RevolutionX

Oct 28, 2007 #15
Very nice Cannigrow. I bet she is stanky alright ;) Some say they like the sister "better" than the others and i can see why. I do think the D is most potent so far, havent tried the #4. But i can say that the sister wreeks sumthin fierce. Not really any discerning taste like the D or others. But just pure stank smell and taste. Very pure!

Original Sister Chem

acespicoli

We pulled alot of pictures here from other threads, hopefully you have a chance to read them as well.
1663983538517.png
1663983580317.png

History of the Chemdog Family

From the link above

2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

Sure would like to see #2 & #5 The Giesel is popular around here from what I remember :unsure:
Dont forget to drop some Dog pics spread the love :huggg: Been alot of fun so far!

acespicoli

1664034486500.png

In 1986, after a coma almost took his life, he struggled to relearn the guitar.
After a grueling regimen returned him to form,
his friend and longtime roadie Steve Parish suggested they spend some time in Kauai,
“the perfect place for a troubled soul to find some peace, and to reconnect with family and friends,”

Curiosity was one of Garcia’s greatest traits,
and he fell in love with the majestic scenery and rugged landscape of Kauai,
but the trip also opened up whole new vistas for him under the sea.
Parish had his scuba certification and cajoled Garcia, never an athlete, into making a dive.
He was enchanted. “This is a sport I can do,” he said afterwards, telling Parish, “I want to learn more.”

That was the start of a fascination that would become a central theme in the last decade of Garcia’s life.
Hawaii has always appealed to explorers, and Garcia’s life was always about exploration,
so it’s no wonder that his time in the islands tapped the deepest wellsprings of his art.
“It’s like going to a different world,” he said in 1992. “You’re in a different place. It’s very sensual.
There’s lots of new information there, a lot of levels, a lot of things to think about.”
As Garcia spent more time on his visual art in the 1980s and ’90s, underwater scenes and fish motifs decorated his paintings and drawings.

Article from SF
Nicholas Meriwether
Nov. 9, 2021Updated: Nov. 16, 2021 3:18 p.m.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Did Chem Dog Birth Sour Diesel?
Interestingly, another jamband concert played a pivotal role in spreading the gospel of Chem Dog. Phish’s 1992 show at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City is where Chem and Weasel first met. Once they realized they both had the fire, a friendship was forged and cuttings exchanged: Chem 91 went with Weasel to Staten Island, while RFK made its way to Western Mass.

1664878081772.png

1664878104663.png

acespicoli

1664903104623.png
1664903136566.png

Results​

Between January 1, 1995, and December 31, 2014, 38,681 samples of cannabis preparations were received and analyzed. The data showed that although the number of marijuana samples seized over the last 4 years has declined, the number of sinsemilla samples has increased. Overall, the potency of illicit cannabis plant material has consistently increased over time since 1995 from ~4% in 1995 to ~12% in 2014. The cannabidiol content has decreased on average from ~.28% in 2001 to <.15% in 2014, resulting in a change in the ratio of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol to cannabidiol from 14 times in 1995 to ~80 times in 2014.

Conclusions​

There is a shift in the production of illicit cannabis plant material from regular marijuana to sinsemilla.

i.e.
(High quality legal commercial products)
that would be my guess everyone can obtain and grow the best...
also testing is available to everyone, before where were you going to have a sample tested?
there was mostly just commercial brick weed...

Last edited:

acespicoli

1665066239203.png

taken from SF
1665066658674.png

HT
"Chem's Sister (Chem’s Sis) is a Sativa dominant variation of the classic Chem Dog strain. Originally known as "Chem Dog A" - she's the sibling to three other #ChemDog phenotypes
👭
(including the more famous Chem 91') all of which first came into existence in 1991.
🌱
Thanks to the legendary breeder and grower Chem Dog"

“If it weren’t for the Grateful Dead, I wouldn’t be blowing glass, nor the grower of Chemdog,” he says. “The Dead brought me here to this place right now, led me to finding the strain that became Chemdog. I really owe it all to them.”

- CD

1665067222578.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

The Family Dog

In 1966, a free-spirited rock promoter named Chet Helms teamed up with a bunch of hippies and started putting on some of the greatest rock events of all time. They called their commune/promotions company, The Family Dog.

The Family Dog’s weekly dance hall revues gave the local bands a forum to perform their groundbreaking music. It was here in places like the Fillmore Auditorium and the Avalon Ballroom where the philosophies and ideals of a counterculture revolution found their voice.

To spread the word about its live events, The Family Dog hand-picked a small army of graphic artists to design promotional posters and handbills. The most influential of the group became known as the “San Francisco Five.” This extremely creative crew was comprised of Rick Griffin, Alton Kelley, Victor Moscoso, Stanley Mouse and Wes Wilson. They would go on to produce some of the most iconic and memorable imagery in the history of rock and roll.

The art of The Family Dog captures the spirit of free expression. It reflects the bold experimental freedom of the era, and it serves as a guidepost for future generations who long for peace, love and understanding
often called the father of San Francisco's 1967 "Summer of Love,"

https://www.dead. net/family-dog-gallery

Family Dog Concerts​

In the context of the Avalon's "anti-business model" and loose ambience, Helms' Family Dog held a series of legendary concerts between April 1966 and November 1968, featuring a mix of artists, including rock, blues, soul, Indian, and rock and roll. They included:

Helms presented top blues performers including Country Joe and The Fish; Howlin' Wolf; Bo Diddley; Muddy Waters; Little Walter; Buddy Guy; Junior Wells; the Paul Butterfield Blues Band; Buddy Miles; James Cotton Blues Band; John Mayall; Big Mama Thornton; Albert Collins; Steve Miller; Son House; Mike Bloomfield; Elvin Bishop; Blues Project, with Al Kooper; John Hammond; Charlie Musselwhite; Siegel-Schwall Band; rock bands like The Doors; Buffalo Springfield; the Byrds; Bill Haley & His Comets; The Kinks;The Edwin Hawkins Singers; the Animals' Eric Burdon & War; The Mothers of Invention; Lovin' Spoonful; The Carlos Santana Blues Band; Sir Douglas Quintet; the Soul Survivors; the Fugs; Blood, Sweat & Tears; The Association; Shorty Featuring Georgie Fame; Grateful Dead; Iron Butterfly; the Youngbloods, with Jesse Colin Young; Vanilla Fudge; Steppenwolf; Poco; Love, with Arthur Lee; sarode-player and Indian music teacher, Ali Akbar Khan; Sandy Bull; Blue Cheer; the Leaves; New Riders of the Purple Sage; Barry McGuire; Flamin' Groovies; the Loading Zone; It's a Beautiful Day; Joy of Cooking; the Grass Roots; the Sons of Adam; Sons of Champlin; Captain Beefheart; the Electric Flag; Velvet Underground; Pacific Gas and Electric; Moby Grape; the Sopwith Camel; 13th Floor Elevators; The Charlatans; Allmen Joy (see http://wingswest.net); Mother Earth; Southern Comfort; The Ace of Cups; Tyrannosaurus Rex; Cleanliness and Godliness Skiffle Band; Flying Burrito Brothers; Congress of Love; Notes From the Underground; Chrome Circus; Initial Shock; Oxford Circle; Daily Flash; Electric Train; Sparrow; the Orchestra; Hourglass; Kaleidoscope; Mt. Rushmore; Other Half; Phoenix; Lothar & the Hand People; Commander Cody; Cleveland Wrecking Company; The Rhythm Dukes; A.B. Skhy; Frumious Bandersnatch; Eighth Penny Matter; Jimmerfield Legend; South Side Sound; Super Ball; Solid Muldoon; Box Top; and jazz artists Sun Ra and San Francisco's own John Handy; Charles Lloyd; the Jerry Hahn Brotherhood; and folksters Joan Baez; Dave Van Ronk; Jim Kweskin Jug Band; Taj Mahal; Tim Buckley and Flatt & Scruggs.
:rtfo:
He was the first producer of psychedelic light-show concerts at the Fillmore and the Avalon Ballroom and was instrumental in helping to develop bands that had the distinctive San Francisco Sound.
Helms died June 25, 2005, of complications of a stroke. He was 62.

1665073425694.png

Chester Leo "Chet" Helms (August 2, 1942 – June 25, 2005),

1665072751463.png

The Warlocks, featuring, from left to right, Phil Lesh on bass, Bob Weir, rhythm guitar, Bill Kreutzman, drums, Jerry Garcia, lead guitar and Ron "Pigpen" McKernan on keyboards, play a gig in the San Francisco Bay area sometime in 1965. By year's end the band would change their name to The Grateful Dead and set off on a thirty year run as one of top touring rock bands of all time.

Paul Ryan / Michael Ochs Archives via Getty Images

1665073650618.png

Photographer Herb Greene posed the band at the corner of Haight and Ashbury in 1966 and delivered the exhibit’s most innocent picture; it sits near a multi-colored poster asking “Can You Pass the Acid Test?”
1665075418702.png
1665075583527.png

1665075488125.png

Grateful Dead Close Down Haight Street For Free Concert, In 1968​

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
I think the increase in testing post legalization, and this is around the Boulder/Denver area so maybe the altitude, there has been a lot of research done at universities here post legalization too

chemmy jones is a big strain in this area but I don't think it really took off anywhere else, I think it won some Denver cup but not 100%

mexweed

Veteran
Vice story on stardawg

"The strain is one of the country’s most common, alongside Cheese and Amnesia, but it’s only Stardawg that aggressively splits opinions. There are those who’d pick it over any other bag, and those who’d dump their dealer over it. On the r/uktrees subreddit, some argue that it “got a nation through a pandemic”, while others complain it’s “wet and chemically”, or “the only strain” that makes them paranoid."

“When you open up that bag, you take a smell and it makes your eyes bulge out.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4avekg/stardawg-weed-strain-uk

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I wish i still had chem d in the garden. But the time i got ahold of her she had the hops viroid real bad and after a few years of keeping her segregated and never cross contaminating scissors I got tired of taking special precautions and let her go. Now that i know where to have clones scrubbed and ran through tissue culture I kick myself for not holding on.

acespicoli

1665758210701.png

Members​

1665758777657.png

The band is scheduled to resume their tradition of "Playing in the Sand" shows from January 14-17, 2023.
On September 23, 2022, the band announced that their Summer 2023 concert series would be their final tour. On October 6, 2022, they revealed the tour schedule, to run from May 19 through July 15, 2023.

1665762918150.png

1665762955828.png

1665763103909.png

Tickets go on sale Friday, October 14 at 10am local venue time. #DeadandCoFinalTour
1665763314177.png

The original "Furthur" bus's last journey was a trip to the Woodstock Festival in 1969.
1665763546381.png
1665763592975.png

He mentored the Grateful Dead (the Acid Tests' de facto house band) throughout their incipience and continued to exert a profound influence upon the group throughout their career.
1665764453343.png

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have seen Dead and Co every year, but this year they are skipping Michigan. And I am not driving 5 hours to hear my favorite songs played at half speed. I'll try to catch some JRAD and Wolf bros this year.

acespicoli

I have seen Dead and Co every year, but this year they are skipping Michigan. And I am not driving 5 hours to hear my favorite songs played at half speed. I'll try to catch some JRAD and Wolf bros this year.

Sorry to hear that brother, for some this may be the only or last chance to see some great musicians.
You never know when you may be able to see the remaining members ot the GD for the last time.

I agree on the fact that there are many great grass roots bands you may enjoy thier sound more.
Personally

Medeski Martin & Wood
Govt Mule
Dark Star Orchestra
Morphine
Keller Williams is a one man band :ROFLMAO: quite a show
Phil Lesh & Friends
many many others....

if you seen em even once...GD
this is a once in a lifetime chance for someone who has never seen a show,
these guys aren't getting any younger unfortunately
1665770625211.png