What's new

x5 OG Kushes-Side-by-Side Grow

Dutchland

This has been a really long time coming... folks we are at the pinnacle of growing cannabis and I am finally not only allowed to grow legally but I am also able to acquire just able any clone depending on how much I am willing to pay or trade, so I was fortunate enough to build quite the stable of about 25 of the best phenos that I've been drooling over the last 15+yrs.
Anyway on with the grow... the best 5 OG Kush phenos I was able to get a hold of was True OG, BTY OG, 92 OG, King Louis XIII and last but certainly not least Josh D OG 💪
I took 3 cuttings of each all at the same time to keep it as fair of a baseline as possible. All 15 rooted (3x5) but the Josh D took a few extra days and one of the 3 took about 20+ days to root, I was starting to think she wasn't going to take but she still looked good and eventually sprouted roots just a couple days ago.
The goal is to find the best or at least my favorites for breeding, and more specifically an OG Kush BX project, since I still don't feel like anyone has nailed it yet, although Fletcher/Archive has come the closest...in my humble opinion I feel like he should've taken one or 2 OG's to the next stage.
So respectfully building off his work , I am using a Dosi#22 male I selected because he took like 4 months to sex while ALL his sisters sex months earlier and ALL of them are incredible, hopefully he'll be less likely to dominate a cross/BX but it's certainly okay if he does, but not the goal for this project. He appears to have a lot the the similar traits as my fav #22 phenos (his sisters).
I have Josh D, 92 OG and a Pre98 Bubba outside 7 weeks into flower that I hit with my Dosi#22 pollen weeks ago, just after week 4. BTW I had them inside@12/12 for the first 3 weeks to induce flowering
Whichever produces the best OGK seedlings I will use to start the BX project with. The Dosi#22 has a strong OG influence therefore I feel he is a great male as a starting point, Thanks to Fletcher it is a better starting point than what he or Cali Connection used for their projects.
So even though the 92 OG maybe be a much better plant overall, structure (DEFINITELY) and possibly better flower (time will tell)🤞but she may not be a better breeder than Josh D, the OG of OGs, the one who spawned all these, or at least made all these OGK S1's possible 👑
All OGs.jpg
All OGs2.jpg

Last edited:

Dutchland

I should mention, before I knew who was who in the industry and who was legit I bought GSC Forum, SFV and KL13th from Bike/Mike at GSRT and they all ended up being fakes, good phenos that were very similar to what they were supposed to be... I am guessing they're from CaliConnection's seed stock, which is BS because he has access to those genetics, I am sure of it. I guess maybe they root better? Not sure, but obviously Bike gives zero focks about his customers or the gene pool and is driven by $ and not for his passion for the plant like too few of us.

So far I acquired:

01-BTY OG (Clearwater)
02-Chem 91 SKunkVA (CloudLife)
03-Chem D (Cloney/Chemdog)
07-Hardcore OG (Russian Assassin's)
08-Maui Skunkdawg/Skunkdog
09-VA Afghani/VB Ghani
10-Dosidos #22 (Archive's most OGKB Dominate Dosi F2's)
11-'92 OG (CloudLife)
12-Josh D OG (From Katsu/3C Farms)
13-Blissful Wizard #32 (2015 Cannabis Cup Winning Pheno from TC)
14-Cherry AK-47 (Serious' Cherry Pheno of AK-47)
15-Purple Urkle (Nspecta/CSI)
16-True OG (Elemental Wellness)
17-Cherry Pie (Powerzzzup)
18-Sour Diesel (Cloney/Weasel cut)
19-Indiana Bubblegum
20-Sunset Sherbert (Sherbinski's)
21-Pre98 Bubba Kush
22-Wedding Cake (Jbreezy)
23-Grape Ape (Kyle Kushman's)
24-King Louis XIII (Cloney)

But I think Cloney mixed up labels because my Ghani should be a single main top like Urkle or Bubba and she is a stretchy+viney bitch very reminiscent to an OG, I have her 7 weeks into flower for the first time in just an 1/2gal SOG-Style to test her our with WC and Skunkdawg

Is the the VB Ghani?

Attachments

• Ghani.jpg
    Ghani.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

Dutchland

They are too big (6000x4000). You need to downscale them for them to load.
Thanks for the tip!! I fixed them 🤙

So I re-potted all 5 into 1/2 gallons a few days ago, I never realized how quickly the roots can fill a 3.5"/Pint pot but last clone run I put some cuttings in vermiculite as an experiment to let the roots grow VS air pruned as they exit the Riot plugs... they can fill a pot in a few days, so I didn't want them to get pot bound at all... so I (re)potted them twice in their 2 week life, I should've just started with the 1/2gal
What I learned was the BTY and Josh D had very little root system and the rest looked great with the True OG having the best/most of the bunch.
I water my cuttings and new clones with the same mild veg nuets I use for my mother plants, which has about an 2.3 EC and that burned the Josh D and BTY just slightly on the older leaves...I'm going to start using something a little weaker for the young-ins' for now on.
I'm seeing a lot of similarities between the Josh D and BTY, they are quite possibly the same...we'll see.
The King Louis really stands out as different from the rest, she is the shortest and stoutest (so far), the leaves are a little different then the rest in shape and size, the KL is a little bigger and twisty-er-er 👀
OGs.jpg
OGs2.jpg
OGs3.jpg
OGs4.jpg
OGs5.jpg
OGs6.jpg
OGs7.jpg
OGs8.jpg
OGs9.jpg

Dutchland

Finishing up outside, I have a Josh D and 92 OG's 8 weeks into flower in tiny 1 gallon pots of coco.
I forced 'early' flower by starting them inside at 12/12 for the first 3 weeks... on the 4th week I hit them with my Dosi#22 male pollen, which was the focus of these (3 a Pre98 Bubba too)
But, I'm not sure the pollen took...I should've hit them all over, but I isolated the pollen to 1 branch of each...I had the pollen in room temps for about 6-7 months, so will see 🤞
The pollinated buds I've seen, where busting seeds out of the calyxes...I used a lot of pollen too, in just a small area (Lower branch)
Josh D OG's
JoshD.jpg
JoshD2.jpg
JoshD3.jpg

goingrey

Did the pistils die after being hit with the pollen? Buds can be lightly seeded too especially if you hit them early and only once or twice. Don't need to be bursting with the nuts to have some in 'em.

Dutchland

Did the pistils die after being hit with the pollen? Buds can be lightly seeded too especially if you hit them early and only once or twice. Don't need to be bursting with the nuts to have some in 'em.
Not that I noticed, in fact a bout a week later (week 5) I was looking and the pistils looked...more inviting?
Not sure how to explain what I mean but it was more all over all the plants looked like it would've been a better time a week later than the 4th week... but I said fuck it, I only want a few seeds for now, and I'd be okay with none 😏

BTW I topped all the indoor OGs right after I snapped the last pics of the them...
I switched out the True because it exploded with growth-(massive roots & stretchy AF) so I topped her at that time like a week ago... but I decided I wanted to top them all at the same time, so I had another True OG that wasn't so stretchy that I potted up in the same 1/2gal as the rest. I'll be using 1 of those 2 in the side by side...so stay tuned 🤙

Last edited:

goingrey

Not that I noticed, in fact a bout a week later (week 5) I was looking and the pistils looked...more inviting?
Not sure how to explain what I mean but it was more all over all the plants looked like it would've been a better time a week later than the 4th week... but I said fuck it, I only want a few seeds for now, and I'd be okay with none 😏
If the pistils didn't die / go brown then you won't be getting any seeds unfortunately. Sterile pollen maybe.

Dutchland

If the pistils didn't die / go brown then you won't be getting any seeds unfortunately. Sterile pollen maybe.
Fortunately I still have the Dosi male 💪
I was curious if grown for the first 3 weeks inside, then taking them outside, if they'd finish more like outdoor=larfy bud than indoor. You can tell they aren't typical outdoor looking flowers except for the beaten and battered the leaves get from exposure.... outdoor shit gets so leafy and feral, like shitty Autos 🤣

goingrey

They look good yeah.

I've only tried a CBD Dosi. Not sure if it's anything like the real deal... But it was really nice. Like a fresh Kush hehe.

Dutchland

They look good yeah.

I've only tried a CBD Dosi. Not sure if it's anything like the real deal... But it was really nice. Like a fresh Kush hehe.
Thanks!! I really love Dosidos, #22 is Fletcher's most OGKB dom-Dosi F2's.
And F2's tend to have a lot of variance, I'm currently testing 4 females that are all very different but each one is an incredible pheno with distinct and unique traits so chances are the male I chose will be a good breeder. 🤞
I'll have to do a Dosi#22 side-by-side next...to figure out which I want to continue the #22 line with F3's of my best pair.

I forgot to mention (because it slipped my stoner mind completely 😎) But I used that Dosi male pollen just a few weeks ago, and just a little (pollen) seeded my entire tent-THROUGHLY...which is why the pollinating gets done outside now, how could I forget? I won't make that mistake again.😅 It's actually why I don't know which Dosi is best yet, because 1/2 were heavily pollinated, and because all of them are great too...that always makes it a tough decision too, especially when you're culling the "Losers" ☠

mikey-GS-

Very nice selection of OGs no doubt, looking forward to seeing this seed project take off.

Me personally i absolutely love Hardcore OG, its with out a doubt in my top 3. I was in Socal when it first won the award for best concentrate in like 2015 - 2017 at the cup by West Coast Cure, shortly after the cup winning we started seeing it pop up in local shops(MMJ)for $100 a gram. I still remember trying it the first time, it was like the first time we lit up a bowl when i first started smoking lol, but the terps on Hardcore OG
is the unique... Its like OG with a creamy cheese backend(how i explained it) that hit hard!

Turned out my cousin was related to a member of WCC(weezy) and than we where getting Hardcore OG
and Paris OG direct from the source, amazing concentrates where had....
Anyhow my love Hardcore has always remained true, After some research i found out that Imperial710 had
obtained a cut directly from Russian assassin boyz for a hefty price. Long Story short i was able to trade a cut from Imperial710 for a large amount of clones i had in the stable at one time.

Heres a pic when i brong her home after the meet(HardCore OG), unfortunately i lost everything couple years ago so it discouraged me but im back on the wagon LOL
thumbnail (15).jpg
20200623_215454.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail (1) (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1) (1).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3

Dutchland

Very nice selection of OGs no doubt, looking forward to seeing this seed project take off.

Me personally i absolutely love Hardcore OG, its with out a doubt in my top 3. I was in Socal when it first won the award for best concentrate in like 2015 - 2017 at the cup by West Coast Cure, shortly after the cup winning we started seeing it pop up in local shops(MMJ)for $100 a gram. I still remember trying it the first time, it was like the first time we lit up a bowl when i first started smoking lol, but the terps on Hardcore OG
is the unique... Its like OG with a creamy cheese backend(how i explained it) that hit hard!

Turned out my cousin was related to a member of WCC(weezy) and than we where getting Hardcore OG
and Paris OG direct from the source, amazing concentrates where had....
Anyhow my love Hardcore has always remained true, After some research i found out that Imperial710 had
obtained a cut directly from Russian assassin boyz for a hefty price. Long Story short i was able to trade a cut from Imperial710 for a large amount of clones i had in the stable at one time.

Heres a pic when i brong her home after the meet(HardCore OG), unfortunately i lost everything couple years ago so it discouraged me but im back on the wagon LOL
View attachment 19008351 View attachment 19008352
Thanks for stopping by... sorry to hear about loosing your crops, unfortunately it happens... hopefully less and less as it becomes more and more legal. At least you know where to get a replacement 😎

$10k seems to be the going rate for ridiculously priced clones, I've heard that # a few times in the past... Seems hard for any clone to live up to that price tag and hype... But I like her, and will be keeping her around for now, but she has to earn her right to stay in my garden against 5 of the top OG's, I'd like to get it down to 2 or 3 🧐

Last edited:

Dutchland

Urkle grows so damn compact IDK WTF to do with her 😅
urk.jpg
urk2.jpg
urk3.jpg
urk4.jpg

But back to the OG's... I really love these little 3.5" pots, soda bottles fit perfectly over them making a perfect little dome which actually works great for shipping them in too...
Anyway, typically I keep them in the pint sized pots for too long, but this time I re-potted into 1/2gals and you can see difference already at just about 3 weeks, the 3.5"s are slightly stunted
og.jpg

I am starting to think this King Louis maybe a fake/wrong... she came from a reliable source-but accidents happen-especially when you don't tag each individual clone, like I do now... I don't have time, space or patience for mystery clones
og2.jpg

This will be the 2nd wrong KL13th in a row, the first came from Bike/Mike at GSRT because ALL he sells is fake cuts 😡 I really think dude doesn't want the masses to have authentic genetics and rather fuck up the gene pool while making a buck. He can just as easily get-sell legit genetics but chooses not to for one reason or another... okay his seed stock may clone a little better, but not that much... even the hardest to clone, still clones very well if you know how. Okay, RANT Over 😅