What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WPM diagnoses

Camillia

Hey everyone! I have been outdoor growing for 3 years now. I have seen some white powder mildew over the years and have treated it with sodium bicarbonate and water mixture. This year is strange, I have not seen any WPM on the leafs, or stem. But I just noticed some, under and close to the buds. I have three 8 foot high plants. Only one is having this issue. The other two are happy! What do we think? Save the lady or have a bonfire with a few tears.

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9526.jpeg
    IMG_9526.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everyone! I have been outdoor growing for 3 years now. I have seen some white powder mildew over the years and have treated it with sodium bicarbonate and water mixture. This year is strange, I have not seen any WPM on the leafs, or stem. But I just noticed some, under and close to the buds. I have three 8 foot high plants. Only one is having this issue. The other two are happy! What do we think? Save the lady or have a bonfire with a few tears.
That's an indication that there's not enough calcium in the soil. Next year add some lime to your grow plots.

Jcue81

Interesting, @Creeperpark- I did not know calcium played a role in preventing WPM. Is it a PH adjustment that brings the protection? I’d appreciate any other knowledge on the topic. 🙏🏼

Latest posts

Latest posts