What's new

Working out

Sub24ox7

love working out! I usually do 4 sets of curls with supination with dumbbells of 10 reps.
Then triceps with dumbbells 4 sets or 10 reps. 30 lbs for both. Bench press with 2 50 lbs dumbbell 20 reps 3 sets.
Rear delt flys 15 reps 20 lbs 3 to 4 sets. Single arm rows 50 lbs 15 reps 3 sets.
Arnold presses with 35 lbs 3sets 10 reps.
Diamond pushups 30 at a time. Crunches 100. I try and get this in most days with a day or two off per week and less some days.
I also run 2 miles a day sometimes 4.
Not real fast 7 minute miles.
As you probably know once you start doing it a lot you start to crave it.. it makes a person feel good very similar high to weed in some ways(runners high). ✌️

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
love working out! I usually do 4 sets of curls with supination with dumbbells of 10 reps.
Then triceps with dumbbells 4 sets or 10 reps. 30 lbs for both. Bench press with 2 50 lbs dumbbell 20 reps 3 sets.
Rear delt flys 15 reps 20 lbs 3 to 4 sets. Single arm rows 50 lbs 15 reps 3 sets.
Diamond pushups 30 at a time. Crunches 100. I try and get this in most days with a day or two off per week and less some days.
As you probably know once you start doing it a lot you start to crave it.. it makes a person feel good very similar high to weed in some ways(runners high). ✌️
that sounds like a good routine!
like you said, working out is its own high

right

dont just work on you gucci muscles!
us old guys need to focus more on cardio and some light resistance
i might be a fat ass but i can still cover ground and climb
:( im a fat ass!
I'm going to focus on mostly cardio ,running straight out into the desert. Might put up a heavy bag . That's supposed to be good cardio.

I'm really just getting started. I need to get in shape for my health

Sub24ox7

I’ve done just cardio before and I feel much better with strength training added. The older I get the more I realize you have to have balance in everything. Learning moderation, not too little or too much.
I’m only in my mid 40’s so I’m still trying to fight mortality while pretending in the back of my mind I can stay young forever lol.
I’m over the worst of my mid life crises though thankfully

right

Wasn't to long ago that I was running a half hour a day . Then I got a job installing and repairing hvac.i was completely busy for the season. Five minute run tired me out today.

right

1 set of 30 diamonds. That is incredible.

right

1 of my goals is a 1 handed push up .I can drop half way down and push up , but all the way and I collapse before I can make it all the way.

I'd kill to do a 2 finger push up

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i do some light-med weight training(not heavy weight but reps) plus a bit of walking to keep me in shape
plus i like those resistance bands
im mostly into hiking and explore the outdoors
but who dosent want nice arms!

push ups are great and there is nothing like using the body as its own workout machine!
kick ass @right

Sub24ox7

I’m a little obsessed and intense with working out hence the need to learn moderation. I will say though it feels good as well to look cut as well as the mental boost.

right

i do some light-med weight training(not heavy weight but reps) plus a bit of walking to keep me in shape
plus i like those resistance bands
im mostly into hiking and explore the outdoors
but who dosent want nice arms!

push ups are great and there is nothing like using the body as its own workout machine!
kick ass @right
I love hiking, it's a great workout. I live in the perfect place for hiking as you know.

My arms are my week area .

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
1 of my goals is a 1 handed push up .I can drop half way down and push up , but all the way and I collapse before I can make it all the way.

I'd kill to do a 2 finger push up
thats the beer talking!
one day at a time brother!
I’m a little obsessed and intense with working out hence the need to learn moderation. I will say though it feels good as well to look cut as well as the mental boost.
i used love to exercise and keep it up man!
if its the pump you like lift heavy!
i used to like working out too, but every pound counts on the trail
i used to swim good too

right

I’ve done just cardio before and I feel much better with strength training added. The older I get the more I realize you have to have balance in everything. Learning moderation, not too little or too much.
I’m only in my mid 40’s so I’m still trying to fight mortality while pretending in the back of my mind I can stay young forever lol.
I’m over the worst of my mid life crises though thankfully
Your doing some intense things Sub24ox7
Like 30 diamonds 35 lb Arnold press.do you do that every other day.

right

I had a talk with a respected member here ,and he taught me about muscle memory. I looked into it after our conversation

right

Tomorrow 10 24 23.
I will try to work on a more serious run , plank out + try to figure out some cutting new stomach exercises lol

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I should do more cardio but i can't motivate myselfe to more than 5min warmup before weight training. But i do my training intense and most of the time with heavy breathing 60-90 min 3 times a week.
I started pull push legs a few month ago and really like that split. I can hit every bodypart at least once per week, i'm no more sore the next time and get better results compared to full body training twice a week.
Monday is pull up, dead lift, lat prayer, bend over row, cable curls, cabel triceps pushdown and calves.
Wednesday is face pull, shoulder press, front raise, pec machine, dumbbell fly press, abbs, dumbell curls, cable triceps overhead extensions and free motion cable curls
Friday is leg extension, stiff leg dead lift, adductors, leg press, calves, cable curls and cabel triceps pushdown.