What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Whorled or Polyploid?

Poolguy

Curious what your thoughts are on this. It’s started growing normal and then this showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Curious what your thoughts are on this. It’s started growing normal and then this showed up.
That's an interesting-looking plant friend. Thanks for taking the time to show us. Looks like a recessive trait in the strain. It's both a whorled and polyploid plant, I see them a couple of times a year on the forum. I will flower and keep mine if it's a female and I have space but only for buds and not making seeds. Keep us posted if you flower the plant so we can see the flowers.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Check out the following post and if you click the link in that post it will take you to a thread where there are pictures of confirmed polyploid plants.

As several other also commented, polyploid plants give barely visual clues. Your plant is probably a trifoliate/whorled phylotaxy and not a triploid. The mix up is usually I think in the similarities in the names trifoliate versus triploid. It sounds a bit the same but they are very different things.