What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which Strains have you bought AGAIN?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know NYCD is different than the Sour D but it has some phenos with diesel smells as well mixed with the citrus smells.This seed was a freebee, I like to play with random seeds if their lineage is interesting, I was expecting more NYCD influence in my plant but so far she seems to be a lot more GDP leaning.
@Crooked8 Wow you have found a 9 weeker in the SDbx2 and let it go?? It seems very rare to find such fast bloomer in Karma's SD line. In my Sowahh I've had a female done in 68 days, a 10 weeker, it's so far the fastest one I've found but I didn't keep it, thinking I would find more like her in the other seeds. I should have cloned her because I've not found anything going under 11/12 weeks in the rest of my pack.
@moose eater You might have made a typo in the year you've written because in 2001/02 there was not yet any Super Lemon Haze available, I think it was out in 2009
Unfortunately it wasnt only up to me 😔

kro-magnon

Veteran
Unfortunately it wasnt only up to me 😔
If this faster flowering pheno had the same high, taste and yield than the longer ones there is no good reason to not keep her. But when you don't make the final decision it can be frustrating. My first indoor grows in the 90's were involving 3 persons so the decisions had to be unanimous but it was most of the time 2 against 1 win.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If this faster flowering pheno had the same high, taste and yield than the longer ones there is no good reason to not keep her. But when you don't make the final decision it can be frustrating. My first indoor grows in the 90's were involving 3 persons so the decisions had to be unanimous but it was most of the time 2 against 1 win.
Well, it was 1/1 in my case. And the wifey was trimming it all, and she couldnt stand it. Despite how compact it was and beautiful, compared to our other strains it was leafy and overall not easy. She was our sole trimmer at the time as well as my partner in the garden. I made a thread for this….

It was the #6, miss her dearly 😢

I still have 4 of those seeds for a future moment. Maybe ill get lucky again.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Well, it was 1/1 in my case. And the wifey was trimming it all, and she couldnt stand it. Despite how compact it was and beautiful, compared to our other strains it was leafy and overall not easy. She was our sole trimmer at the time as well as my partner in the garden. I made a thread for this….

It was the #6, miss her dearly 😢

I still have 4 of those seeds for a future moment. Maybe ill get lucky again.
That's a good reason to not keep indeed, not making the wife angry is always a priority🤭 I have to say a easy trim is a good trait in a keeper, in the Sowahh the females have very few leaves, not enough to provide sugary trim to make Ice-o on my last run.

I Care

Rebel Grown Gelato Kush Mints x Doubke OG Chem fem seedling I received produced impressive quality that is rand decided track them down and get some more. I scored big because I told a buddy about it and found them at the medical shop half off about 5bones/seed and equal number of freebies.

Pretty impressive meds bred for organic outdoor soil. Quite the performer with my preferred water fed soil under LED approach.

kro-magnon

Veteran
It was one of the first strains I grew in the early 2000s. I kept it up until about 2014 but foolishly let that one go since I had picked up a few other strains. That cut I had was amazing, very fast flowering and decent yielder, but such a great flavor profile.

View attachment 19066282 View attachment 19066283

1 LB indoor plant

View attachment 19066284
View attachment 19066285 View attachment 19066286 View attachment 19066287 View attachment 19066288 View attachment 19066290 View attachment 19066291
That looks like a great plant, very odd leaves shape for a Diesel cross, it must have inherited this trait from the other parent, the Purple plant, you don't know what it was? There is quite a few purple wide leaves clones, the Purple Kush, GDP, Urkle, Bubba Kush.... I understand why you miss her when i see those pictures.
I'll make a thread with my garden soon, I'll show how the Purple Diesel Daze I have evolved, she has the shape of a pure indica so far and did not respond very ‹ell to topping; I have a clone in veg, I'll grow this one in a natural form to see the difference;

Latest posts

Latest posts