What's new

Which cities have the best growers scene in Canada

i.love.scotch

Hey everyone,

I am looking at finally buying a house (great time to do it yeah I know 😅)

I've only ever lived in BC.

I am planning on travelling around a bit to some more affordable cities to see if there is somewhere I'd like to set down roots.

What are some cities that have a great scene of home growers and enthusiasts?

I'm talking people that like to share seeds and cuts and flowers and just a good place to make some grower friends (I love to share too!).

I know on Vancouver Island they have a growers guild that hosts an event/seed swap every now and again.

Seems like WInnipeg has quite a good few growers and has been a bit of an epicenter for Canadian cannabis historically. And is also quite inexpensive.

The Kootenay region is obviously huge for cannabis but that is very spread out and I don't believe is very home grower oriented.

Ontario obviously has a huge scene (including a farmers market in Toronto?) but most cities there are out of my price range.

How about Alberta?

Anyone have any input?

And to be clear my interest is as a hobby grower, doing some closet pollen chucking and just trying to produce some unique and interesting cannabis to share and trade with like minded folks.

Thanks!

Maple_Flail

TBH, most places have the amenities fairly nearby to facilitate being a great scene for homegrown and enthusiast.

logically, if you want the access to the most things, BC really is king, they've been doing the counterculture thing for so long it is more accepted there than most places in Canada.

from personal experience, atleast a few years back pre legalization, Manitoba was not exactly a hot spot or flush. Times may have changed..

Ontario, it is all over.. seriously.. my region in the south west only has a population of 100K, my town maybe accounting for 20-30% of that. there is a thriving community around here with near by rezs to help things along. if you are willing to drive upwards of 8-10 hours (4-5 each way ofc) you can see many of the communities and get varying results of interest and availability.

Out belleville way may be better, bigger rez, and large community just east of that if you can break into the right circles. basically anywhere South of Algonquin park you will be able to find what you need and find people of like mind.