What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which CFL type?

TokenBone,
You still working out that kitchen cab cfl grow, your 400 grow, your 250 horizontal grow or are you just playing with your imaginary friends today, poseur?
I cant believe you have the nerve to post here after Simon smacked you down and proved the only thing you are capable of growing is yellow toenails.

LMFAO holy shit im pretty sure i just laid rubber in my drawers.

Trev

12 pack of 23 watt 2700k bulbs

9$ @ the local casa de pot.

grabbed 2 boxes :p

quit ranting and start posting useful info again.

Imo, i use low watt CFL's because they offer low heat, and a compact size.(23-26watts)
right now im running 4 x 26watts 2700k bulbs on 4 x sour60 Af's. (1sqr foot grow box,25"tall) 1 pc fan, temps in mid to high 70's just above ambient.

blah blah.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
12 pack of 23 watt 2700k bulbs

9$ @ the local casa de pot.

grabbed 2 boxes :p

quit ranting and start posting useful info again.

Imo, i use low watt CFL's because they offer low heat, and a compact size.(23-26watts)
right now im running 4 x 26watts 2700k bulbs on 4 x sour60 Af's. (1sqr foot grow box,25"tall) 1 pc fan, temps in mid to high 70's just above ambient.

blah blah.

I use the 42w because they are nearly as efficient as the 26w but with better penetration.

The smaller wattage bulbs, the closer you will need to keep your plants.

Some people (including myself, when I first started) have the erroneous idea that if you have ten bulbs that put out 1000 lumens each, that you have 10,000 lumens per square foot.

Lumens are measured at 1ft from the bulb. So if that bulb is rated at 1000 lumens, it is 1000 lumens at a 1ft distance from the bulb.

At two feet it's 250 lumens (inverse square law 1/4 every time you double the distance)

At six inches, it's 4000 lumens!

At three inches, it's 16,000 lumens!

This is why I recommend that you keep your bulbs as close as possible to your plants.

If you can keep your plants a foot tall, the whole plant is recieving the rated output of the bulb. (and most of it is ABOVE the rated output!!!)