What's new

Where's the fungus?

Elsweeto

Do any of you's know where I can get beneficial Fungi in as an additive for Soilless mix?
While we're at it I think we should have a thread discussing grow shops I don't see one up here.
What you's reckon?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi Elsweeto, have you tried searching google for beneficial fungi? I'm sure it's in good supply, which soilless medium are you growing in?

Elsweeto

Yeah I've looked it up but was just wondering if anyone knew of shops selling it.
I use peat amended with garden lime and perlite (as far as i know that's soilless I'm open to correction though?). Have you used fungi yourself?
About the grow shop thread; what you reckon? the only reason I haven't posted one is my spidey senses (a.k.a paranoia) tells me it might not be the best idea in a little village like Ireland?

N

ninja bud

I haven't been into a grow shop for a long long time. Once you get some good genetics all you need is compost.
I dont use benefical fungi but I do try to generate a nice bacterial culture with waste water from my aquarium. I also use a nice homemade compost tea and off course that sweet blackstap which all aid benefical bacteria.
Organic is orgasmic!!!:plant grow:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Do any of you's know where I can get beneficial Fungi in as an additive for Soilless mix?
While we're at it I think we should have a thread discussing grow shops I don't see one up here.
What you's reckon?

Best place to find benificials is in a well cared for compost bin, start a bin brew compost tea and you will have a product that is fresh and far superior to some 20€ bottle of additive that has been sitting in the shop for months.

There is no point in having a thread to discuss growshops unless it's a discussion of online shops.
Walk into any growshop in Ireland and expect to pay twice what you would pay over the internet.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
only used it outdoors but rootgrow is great (Mycorrhizal Fungi)

http://rootgrow.co.uk/index.php/shop.html

Remember a couple of months ago there was that news story about snoop dogg meeting that welsh monster veg grower, rootgrow is the product he uses. You can get in from the garden shop on mary street (?) in dublin.

some interesting stuff here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=193919

dont know about the grow shops, look back a few pages theres a thread about there some where.

btw is your system basically hempy bucket?

Walk into any growshop in Ireland and expect to pay twice what you would pay over the internet.

are prices coming down though? had a look a while ago and they seemed a little better, that said when i looked at tents a while ago i realized at irish tent prices , if i spent 50 euro more i could by TWO from the uk

N

ninja bud

Equipment Ive bought online is always cheaper than the grow shops and thats including the cost of shipping. There are some really fantastic offers online once you do your homework and compare prices.

Elsweeto

Will natural fungi in a compost heap do the same job yeah? I'm about to start; just got the room for one.
about molasses I use bio bizz nutrients they are mostly molasses will that work? how do you use the blackstrap?
No its not like a hempy bucket; its more like a house plant:) with a big fake sun over it.
with regards the grow shops i was in one in Navan recently and the bio bizz there was cheaper than the local garden centre.

Elsweeto

ninjabud any sites you'd reccomend? I'm in the market for a new hood doesn't need to be cooled I'm rockin a whole room, god bless the sticks!!

Elsweeto

There is no point in having a thread to discuss growshops unless it's a discussion of online shops.

That'll do nicely the only reason I ask is its such a small market over here. I don't personally know any other growers, plenty of smokers and even a few that still think there is such a thing as "nice soap bar" you can see where I'm coming from.

concerned

Start a compost heap and include plenty of soil, in the first batch...

Gather organic matter such as leaves, grass clippings, wood and other vegetable and plant waste and put it all into a compost bin. Collect matter over time and continue to add these components to your bin.

Add soil (not potting soil) from your garden along with a healthy amount of worm castings.

Turn your compost pile with a shovel often. You want to bring the matter from the outer perimeter of the bin into the middle portion so that fungi can get to all of the matter evenly and on a regular basis. Daily turning will aerate your bin so aerobic decomposition can take place at a faster rate.

Continue to add layers of organic matter along with worm castings and soil over time. With regular turning, your compost can be ready to use in as little as four weeks.

Take shovelfuls of your fungal compost and mix it into your flower beds and/or garden soil when it's ready.

Put your compost mixture into a pillowcase and dunk the pillowcase in a bucket of water. Allow the tea to steep for at least 24 hours, and then water your plants with this nutrient-filled fertilizer.

Or in other words, make a good compost tea...there are many recipes and it's free :)

Elsweeto

Ha good work I just paid a fiver for 90g of the stuff new seeds going in next week we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the link Von.

Hottish

saw this posted yesterday

http://www.symbio.co.uk/

mouth watering prices compared to the stuff i posted

This is ALL YOU NEED , Mycorrhizae is only part of his blend of goodies, amazing results , 100000 times more active spores than white shark, search www.ebay.com international for listing 181139256584

[FONT=&quot]Biowar Nute Pack [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nitrogen fixers: (Azospirillum sp., Rhizobium sp.), Phosphate solubilizers (Bacillus sp. Pseudomonas sp.), Potash mobilizer (Fraturia sp.) & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizae (Vam) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nitrogen fixers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nitrogen fixers (Azospirillum sp. & Rhizobium sp.), converts atmospheric nitrogen gas into plant usable ammonium & fulfills [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]plants nitrogen requirements. Nitrogen fixers promote plant growth produce vitamins, auxins[/FONT][FONT=&quot] & [/FONT][FONT=&quot]gibberellins which induce plant growth. Nitrogen fixers enhance seed germination rates, seedling vitality & increase crop yield. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Phosphate Solubilizers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phosphate solubilizers (Bacillus megaterium var. phosphaticum & Pseudomonas striata) dissolve fixed tricalcium phosphate into plant utilizable monocalcium phosphate. Phosphate solubilizers produce organic acids (viz, citric acid, succinic acid, lactic acid,) natural hormones (viz, indole acetic acid, gibberellins etc.) & enzymes (viz, phytase, nuclease, lecithinase etc.) that aid, in solubilisation of insoluble phosphates into plant utilizable form. Phosphate solubilizers increase plants growth & crop yield. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Potash Mobilizer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The microbe, Frateuria aurentia is a beneficial bacterium capable of mobilizing soil available Potash to the root zone. It works well in all types of soil especially low K content [/FONT][FONT=&quot]grow mediums (Coco) These[/FONT][FONT=&quot] bacteria increase the availability potash.
Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizae (VAM)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] : [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mycorrhizae, mobilizing [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]major nutrients, nitrogen, phosphorus & potassium zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium [/FONT][FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] manganese. Mycorrhizal inoculation[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]enhances the absorption [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]water [/FONT][FONT=&quot]& neuitrents, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mycorrhizae produce[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s [/FONT][FONT=&quot]antibiotics which immobilize & kill soil borne pathogens. Mycorrhizal inoculation reduces your fertilizer requirements [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to a low EC / ppm[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]nuirtian levels allowing you reuse your soil or coco, fork out the old roots & transplant in your seedlings or clones.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]=============================================================
[/FONT]
Biowar Root Pack
[FONT=&quot]Bio-control agents, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Trichoderma viride, Trichoderma harzianum, Bacillus subtilis & Paecilomyces lilacinus. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B[/FONT][FONT=&quot]io-agents [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]control soil borne bacteria, fungal & nematode pathogens.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Pseudomonas fluorescens Pseudomonas fluorescens act as non-pathogenic saprophytes that colonize soil, water & [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]plant surface. Pseudomonas fluorescens restrain plant diseases,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]producing secondary metabolites antibiotics, siderophores & hydrogen cyanide. This microbe penetrate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the plant vascular system [/FONT][FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] act[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot] as a bio-control agent against most fungal [/FONT][FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] bacterial diseases.
Bacillus subtilis: Bacillus subtilis is a spore omnipotent bacterium when applied to seeds or growing plants colonizes the developing root system. Bacillus subtilis multiplies even in poor organic soil suppressing the growth of pathogenic fungal organisms such as Rhizoctonia spp., Fusarium spp., Aspergillus spp. Bacillus subtilis [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]colanizes [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the root system & provide[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot] protection throughout the growing season.
Trichoderma viride / harzianum:Trichoderma spp. is an omnipotent fungus present in most of agricultural soils where organic matter is rich. Trichoderma spp. grows tropically toward hyphae of other pathogenic fungi, coil about them in a lectin-mediated reaction, & degrade cell walls & kill the pathogenic fungi by secreting of extracellular enzymes viz. Chitinase [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Peptaibols. This limits the growth & activity of plant pathogenic fungi.
Paecilomyces lilacinus: Paecilomyces lilacinus is a naturally occurring fungus found in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]most[/FONT][FONT=&quot] agricultural soils & will control plant pathogenic nematodes viz. Root knot nematodes, Burrowing nematode, Cyst nematodes, Root lesion nematodes, Reniform Nematode & False Root knot Nematodes. The secondary metabolites secreted by the Paecilomyces will destroy the plant pathogenic nematodes as eggs, juvenile, & adult[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]=====================================================[/FONT]
Biowar Foliar Pack[FONT=&quot]

Bio[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]war [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Foliar biopesticides [/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki, Beauveria bassiana, Metarhizium anisopliae, Verticillium lecanii [/FONT][FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Paecilomyces fumosoroseus. Bio[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]control [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]pathogenic pests [/FONT][FONT=&quot]&[/FONT][FONT=&quot] insects.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki a naturally occurring bacterium secretes crystal proteins, when spray[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ed[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on lepidopterous & coleopterous pests, the pest[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will die within 3 days.
Beauveria bassiana[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Metarhizium anisopliae[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Beauveria bassiana a naturally occurring entomopathogenic fungus & [/FONT][FONT=&quot]vivable[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]most[/FONT][FONT=&quot] agricultural soils. The spores of this fungus [/FONT][FONT=&quot]will kill [/FONT][FONT=&quot]48-72 hours [/FONT][FONT=&quot]after [/FONT][FONT=&quot]spray[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ing[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Verticillium lecanii[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The mycelium of this fungus produces a cyclodepsipeptide toxin called bassianolide & other insecticidal toxins such as dipicolinic acid, which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kills [/FONT][FONT=&quot]aphids, whiteflies, rust fungi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] & [/FONT][FONT=&quot]scale insects[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Paecilomyces fumosoroseus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Paecilomyces fumosoroseus, a very promising biological pesticide due to its extensive host range which includes over 25 different families[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of insect[/FONT][FONT=&quot], the diamondback moth[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Russian wheat aphid[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]silver leaf whitefly & wide range of mites Spotted Spider Mite, Red Mite, Brown Mite, & Rust Mit[/FONT][FONT=&quot]es.[/FONT]
=====================================================