What's new

When to sew seeds in the wild

Treevly

What is the best time to sew cannabis seeds out in the wild? Spring may be the obvious choice, but some types of seeds grow better (if at all) if they over-winter, in which case autumn would be better....... eh? I refer to scratching up the earth a bit to plant, nothing more.
Thank you.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The odds of a seed making it into the wild is very low. When a flowering plant goes to seed in the wild it will drop thousands of seeds per plant raising the germination rate. Even with a thousand new seeds only a few will make it over the Winter.

The best way to plant in the wild is with live plants instead of seeds for a better chance of survival. Start the seed in dixie cups indoors and take the plants outdoors and plant in plots where the soil has been worked and turned.

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

If you have enough seeds, try it both ways and find out which way you like both. The best method I've found for planting seeds is to soak them for a couple days in the spring and then plant them when they just start to show tails, dry seed is less effective. I know theres some guerrilla planters who have success putting them out in the fall, but I've never tried that. Sprouting them at home and planting the starts will definitely get you the highest per seed success rate, but thats a lot more work, with a ziplock bag of seeds you can plant a lot more spots in a lot less time.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
IMO, It's not when as how many seeds you plant. I've planted to germinate straight into my grow bags and some refuse to come up until the following spring.

It's fun to take seeds and put them in planters in restaurants or shopping malls where people are watering plants. Community parks are a fun place to poke seeds into the ground as well.
Enjoy planting, peace
farmerlion 🙏

Latest posts

Latest posts