What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

When is it too late to supercrop??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
That is basically my question. I am at day 11 of flower with GG4 in RDWC, and the growth is crazy, maybe 3 inches a day.

IMO... that's a little stressful for this stage of flower.
Can you LST instead? Stick a couple three foot bamboo stakes in each plant.
Gently bend the tops over so they are horizontal, tying them in place to the bamboo stakes. Within two or three days, the plant tips, and the bud growth along the stalks, will turn up to get light. They'll continue to grow nicely.
This is a low stress way to save up to a foot of height. This will definitely have less effect on yield than supercropping.

Loc Dog

Veteran
IMO... that's a little stressful for this stage of flower.
Can you LST instead? Stick a couple three foot bamboo stakes in each plant.
Gently bend the tops over so they are horizontal, tying them in place to the bamboo stakes. Within two or three days, the plant tips, and the bud growth along the stalks, will turn up to get light. They'll continue to grow nicely.
This is a low stress way to save up to a foot of height. This will definitely have less effect on yield than supercropping.

Thanks!! GG4 is a real stretcher, and slow budder during first 3 weeks. I did a google search, and saw a lot of debate leaning between LST and super crop, and consensus leaned heavily toward supercrop before week 3.

It is in scrog, and gg4 has massive side branching, so over a hundred tops in 4 X 8 tent. I supercropped weaving into scrog less than week ago, and already some are a 10 inches above it.

Will wait till tomorrow to decide. Here is picture before they were scrogged -

Here is a picture now -

TKO

That is basically my question. I am at day 11 of flower with GG4 in RDWC, and the growth is crazy, maybe 3 inches a day.

I found pitching the tops over and eliminating the side shoots might help but in a healthy system your stuck for another 2 weeks or more if shes a shooter. My ssh goes another 24"+ once induced.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71513&pictureid=1701779

Loc Dog

Veteran
I found pitching the tops over and eliminating the side shoots might help but in a healthy system your stuck for another 2 weeks or more if shes a shooter. My ssh goes another 24"+ once induced.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71513&pictureid=1701779

Many who scrog GG4 eliminate some of the growth under the screen during first 21 days, and all of it at 21 days. I am doing a little at a time. Any leaf or entire branches that do not reach the screen, will be removed.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Back when I used HID lights I'd use MH (4000-7200k) lamps until after the stretch was over in the beginning of flower. From that point on it was just HPS. That really helped with canopy control and structure. I was height restricted in a tent at about 6.5 feet which had to include the reflector which was around 7-8" in height. I'd also top when I switched light cycles to try to keep the plants from getting too tall.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts