What's new

Wheels of time

Porky82

View attachment 18920865
I know it’s not fast, but I figured I’d show in the spirit of wrenching and a love for anything auto.
1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4, EFI, standard shift. Bad picture.
550,000 miles (880,000km), stock engine mostly untouched aside from a decking, head gasket and head bolts at 175,000 and periodic valve lash checks.
I’m on my third transmission, thankfully Toyota made dropping the transmission stupidly easy. 4.11 gears on 31’s. Been through hell and back. She didn’t like the rubicon too much. Not enough chassis protection for 31’s.
Low (gearing), slow, anywhere I want to go haha.

View attachment 18920867
This is for when I want to go ‘fast’. Even though it’s a dinosaur in the bike realm and not really that fast. Still one of the few carbed bike holdouts that you can buy new, thank goodness. A fatter pilot and a shim on the needle and she sings pretty well out of the factory.
2020 Suzuki DRZ 400. 8,000 miles (12,800km). 14/50 sprockets.
Stock engine. Waiting for the top end to go, if it ever does, to go full 470cc big bore and a wide ratio transmission gearset. I’ll have to split the cases for that, so I’ll wait till something grenades to go all out.

It’s all about tractor factor for me. Car or bike.
Love y’all’s rides and the muscle cars.
Ahh the DR. Just like the XR and the WR.
All the tractors of the dirt bike world!
Big, soft suspension and go for ever with minimal maintenance!
Only down side is when ya drop em they like picking up a Harley!! 🤣

Bona Fortuna

Hey, at least I don’t have to do squats at the gym! Just pick the pig up after a spill and you’re good on leg day haha.

Tractor factor! It’s just a really heavy trials bike, right?
It ain’t no KTM, but it will last me longer and will be far cheaper over time.

Porky82

Hey, at least I don’t have to do squats at the gym! Just pick the pig up after a spill and you’re good on leg day haha.

I've owned 6 different ktms.
Personally I think they shit on the Jap bikes! 🤣 But yeah buying parts is like getting fucked unlubed!!
Seen this thing?

Porky82

Personally I think they shit on the Jap bikes! 🤣 But yeah buying parts is like getting fucked unlubed!!
Seen this thing?

Bona Fortuna

Seen this thing?

I’ve only ever ridden Katoom 2T’s, never owned. Holy hell can they be flogged mercilessly. Absolutely better at most things compared to a Suzuki.
The Varg looks pretty sweet! I’m waiting for yamaha to finally release their E-Moto. Been in development for YEARS!!!
How about the new Ducati and Triumph dirt bikes? You ready for Ducati’s desmo valves on a dirtbike?

Reactions: Boo

Porky82

I’ve only ever ridden Katoom 2T’s, never owned. Holy hell can they be flogged mercilessly. Absolutely better at most things compared to a Suzuki.
The Varg looks pretty sweet! I’m waiting for yamaha to finally release their E-Moto. Been in development for YEARS!!!
How about the new Ducati and Triumph dirt bikes? You ready for Ducati’s desmo valves on a dirtbike?
Yeah the Ducati looks wild!
Don't know how either will go but.
Don't think either will still be there in 10 years.

Dime

Reactions: Boo

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
IMG_1560.jpeg

I am slowly, but surely getting this car ready for auction… the car has no more than 50 miles on it since it had a five year frame off restoration

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
no sir, it's an accurate down to the right numbers car but it has no pedigree...I do have a matching numbers L-89 car in mint condition...even has the smog equipment on it...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
awesome car but 250K for a ride that can't be street driven is a bit rich for this old man...it'll do nothing but appreciate if kept in top shape...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I know what every part on a 69 camaro looks like, I can touch all of them, and I can buy almost anything for the car...what you posted has to be dismantled to change the spark plugs...yeah, the times they ha
ave changed...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
a buddy of mine has an L-88 in a '69 vette built by none other than joel rosen at motion performance...he let me sit in it and fire it up...wow, just wow...little compares to this '67 big block with aluminum heads...a L-89 in a '69 camaro come close but nowhere near 4 million...

Dime

a buddy of mine has an L-88 in a '69 vette built by none other than joel rosen at motion performance...he let me sit in it and fire it up...wow, just wow...little compares to this '67 big block with aluminum heads...a L-89 in a '69 camaro come close but nowhere near 4 million...
I saw an L88 on a stand at Tracy Performance in Roseville Michigan when I was a kid. I've never heard one run in person. Roger Judski who owns Rogers Corvettes in Florida had one that was seized by the DEA and auctioned off so he bought it,they didn't know what it was. The guy I bought my car from has a 429 boss and I did hear it run. I read an article about Baldwin Motion and they made a bolt on overdrive for the turbo 400,it was in a Corvette.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
This is my favorite shot of the Buick that I have… it’s such a brutal ride for something that appears to be bone stock

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 26

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
This is the last street motorcycle I will ever own. It’s got a big bore kit in it and it runs flawlessly, but due to the amount of idiots out on the road I fear for my life… I’ve seen too many of my brothers in the hospital, and I refuse to be a statistic
IMG_0005.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts