What's new

What's your favorite band?

Wrecked

a few bands i like have allready been mentioned but nobody has said the disco biscuits or ekoostik hookah, ben harper, mike perkins also sts9, the shantee and the string cheese incedent... PeAcE

Bonzo

Veteran
nowone into Jack Johnson? One old one i still dig is Guns n' Roses, Appetite for Destruction, and Lies as well, "I used to love her" good tune.

bonz :yoinks:

Favorite band eh.. Thats hard.

Prolly gonna have to go with Metallica. I've seen them live and most off of thier stuff is pretty damn good. I'd almost like to say Led Zeppelin. But I haven't seen them live nor will I ever be able to. But I haven't even seen Jimmy Page or Robert Plant at any of their current solo shows they do.

James666

the bluetones...........theres the best chilled out music you'll ever here!......evertime I listern to there music I remember getting stoned with all my mates at uni.....great days!

dfa

Modest Mouse; they have more than 1 good song, they have many.

When im snowboarding, and im really high, i love listening to Mogwai.

I also like Bad Brains, Peter Tosh... lots of reggae of course

all kinds of music, lots of hiphop...

Bonzo

Veteran
Good call SHN, I saw them at a small club when "OPIATE" was released, unreal never felt such energy. INSANE!!! ..............RAJI'S

bonz

Pygmy Love Circus, :woohoo:

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
cant forget Pearl Jam, also that one album from Candlebox is perty kickass.

bonz

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
Sublime. unremarkable settings producing remarkable music. especially everything written before Self titled was started

G

im into Phish and GratefulDead as well. my ma raised me on it. i now have all of her original albums and stuff. she saved every ticket stub of every concert that she went to and she has all the songs listed on the back of the stubs. its a shit load of stubs man. but yea still listen to em both tho but the dead is no good with out garcia so there new stuff is out. im into chill music an street punk (with a little ska in there) so i listen to The Viris, A Global Threat, Larz Fredrickson and the Bastards and some Streetlight Manifesto (everything went numb) and Catch 22 the good stuff like kesiby(spelling??) nights not there new shit their trying to pull with out the main guy fuck that shit.
music makes a sitting complete :)
-SenselessRebel

Space Toker

Veteran
cool! Thanks everyone!
there are all kinds of good bands here, some will agree or disagree.... hell I don't agree with everything either, we are all human and all unique and one's treasure is another's trash and vice versa.... but thanks for all the suggestions!
yeah, the thread kind of evolved into a two-fold purpose, to find out what everyone likes, and to find the closest modern equivalent to a Phish or Grateful Dead, a band you would travel to see and are totally into all their songs and all that! Not necessarily that you like Phish or the Dead, but just that kind of band that captivates you and you are totally into for the vibe and all. I like the dead more than the Phish but like some of both.... I liked a whole lot of varied stuff in the 80's, most of which I am now embarrassed to admit and now shun... but I admit I did like GNR and still like a few of their songs... but Def Leppard and some of those sappy soloists like Billy Joel and Steve Winwood? What was I thinking? :D
I loved the 90's stuff, Alice in Chains and Blind Melon and all that, I wish that whole anytihng goes vibe lasted longer! Well it's been intersting, KEEP it coming! PEACE

okwildfire

hey!!!!!! sirharrynuggz is the man! manard james kennan rocks!!!!! so ok my fav band is def TOOL! where the hell did nurse betty go anyway? btw. they got a new album comming out in a few weeks! hell yeah!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :sasmokin: :kissass:

aeric

Veteran
For some reason i was more into perfect circle than tool...i guess because it was more about making music, not being a hard ass or whatever. The modern stuff I like is mostly out of England or Scotland and doesn't get played here like Gomez, Doves, Beta band, Coldplay (of course they are known). And the good stuff coming out of the US is mostly underground like off of Astralwerks, Thrill Jockey,Drag city...blah blah the independant labels. Punk pop sux. In the nineties saw Nirvana the month before "Smells like..." came out and they hit it big and changed rock for a few years, and a few months before Kurt died, so I guess I can tell the grandkids that one, saw alot of those types of bands back then. Skinny puppy was the most insane, anti grateful dead i guess we could say.

Maturin

My favorite musician bar none is Bob Dylan, but he really isn't a band soooo...

I guess Franz Ferdinand is my current favorite band. Good tunes, nice beats, snappy lyrics.