What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

Dime

Beautiful place

Attachments

• Taormina-JacobMaentzGetty-5a843916119fa8003750d3cb-845748247.jpg
    Taormina-JacobMaentzGetty-5a843916119fa8003750d3cb-845748247.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 8

moose eater

Yes, it's the whole Farm Aid gig, that began this morning at about 7:30 AM Alaska time. But Mavis Staples is at about 6 hours(?) into it. Pops would be SO fucking proud.. Yes, I cried a tear or 2. She's still such a beautiful soul!

Sun's FInally out here!!

I've had 169 gallons of #1 home heating oil in drums on the back of my utility trailer, hooked to my truck, for the last 3-4 days, and I need to go into town tomorrow to pick up 2 as-new 55-gallon steel drums for additional heating oil storage, so I need to get out there and transfer fuel while I can, then get the new-to-me drums set up on a pallet under the barn, next to the main tank, after I clean them well with a couple gallons of good 99% isopropyl alc. through 2 rinses, and haul another load of heating oil in the next day or 2.

That time of year!

The spuds are nearly halfway harvested, and there's Golden Acre cabbage to get to, as well as a bunch of original Scarlet Nantes carrots, and snow peas. Low tonight is predicted to be +33 f, so my guess is that we'll get frost, based on our topography.

Tomorrow's swapping snow tires and rims for at least a couple of the vehicles; maybe 3 of them, and finishing the potato harvest.

Keep the shovels and doobies at the ready.

Now a bowl of kief before fuel/heating oil, and hope my back and legs hold up.

Last edited:

Dime

Yes, it's the whole Farm Aid gig, that began this morning at about 7:30 AM Alaska time. But Mavis Staples is at about 3 hours into it. Pops would be SO fucking proud.. Yes, I cried a tear or 2. She's still such a beautiful soul!

Sun's FInally out here!!

I've had 169 gallons of #1 home heating oil in drums on the back of my utility trailer, hooked to my truck, for the last 3-4 days, and I need to go into town tomorrow to pick up 2 as-new 55-gallon steel drums for additional heating oil storage, so I need to get out there and transfer fuel while I can, then get the new-to-me drums set up on a pallet under the barn, next to the main tank, and haul another load of heating oil in the next day or 2.

That time of year!

The spuds are nearly halfway harvested, and there's Golden Acre cabbage to get to, as well as a bunch of original Scarlet Nantes carrots, and snow peas. Low tonight is predicted to be +33 f, so my guess is that we'll get frost, based on our topography.

Tomorrow's swapping snow tires and rims for at least a couple of the vehicles; maybe 3 of them, and finishing the potato harvest.

Wow your winter starts early. Watch that shoveling,keep care of that back.

moose eater

Wow your winter starts early. Watch that shoveling,keep care of that back.
This has been the weirdest growing season/summer I've seen here in about 46 years. 10-14 days in the 80s and 90s, followed by the next 10-14 days of lows in the low to mid-40s and highs in the low to upper 50s. And then back up and down again.

Shittiest potato harvest ever, and we didn't trap voles in spring and early summer at what would've been their hotspot then (the compost bin) to keep THEIR influence to a minimum, so... they had a good summer.

If anyone knows where I can rent a pair of great horned owls with a vole habit, let me know

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
This has been the weirdest growing season/summer I've seen here in about 46 years. 10-14 days in the 80s and 90s, followed by the next 10-14 days of lows in the low to mid-40s and highs in the low to upper 50s. And then back up and down again.

Shittiest potato harvest ever, and we didn't trap voles in spring and early summer at what would've been their hotspot then (the compost bin) to keep THEIR influence to a minimum, so... they had a good summer.

If anyone knows where I can rent a pair of great horned owls with a vole habit, let me know

CharlesU Farley

Yes, it's the whole Farm Aid gig, that began this morning at about 7:30 AM Alaska time. But Mavis Staples is at about 6 hours(?) into it. Pops would be SO fucking proud.. Yes, I cried a tear or 2. She's still such a beautiful soul!

Sun's FInally out here!!

I've had 169 gallons of #1 home heating oil in drums on the back of my utility trailer, hooked to my truck, for the last 3-4 days, and I need to go into town tomorrow to pick up 2 as-new 55-gallon steel drums for additional heating oil storage, so I need to get out there and transfer fuel while I can, then get the new-to-me drums set up on a pallet under the barn, next to the main tank, after I clean them well with a couple gallons of good 99% isopropyl alc. through 2 rinses, and haul another load of heating oil in the next day or 2.

That time of year!

Little different down here in the SouthEast mountains. Harley and I went to a football game where our granddaughter is cheerleading. Debated on whether I should wear shorts or jeans... chose jeans and wished I had of chosen shorts.

Was 80° at the 7:00 kickoff. 🔥😓 Didn't sweat my ass off, cuz I don't have one anymore (got enough gut though:ROFLMAO:), but a typical fall football game it was _not_.

Just got back home and 33° F would be _welcome_ around this mountain, on a hot air September night anyways.❄️