What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

In my defence, the oldest cat who is 21 will be crossing the bridge in the next month.

That makes me slightly less meme-worthy.
My wife's 'Sly kitty' (Sylvester... for stereotypical naming of pets) made it to 20 or 21 and went over the bridge.... with our help and the magic blue liquid of mercy. He was a male, and apparently didn't realize he was neutered.

When he became incontinent, he let loose with urine under my desk and under the Christmas tree that year, and the smell is still present under the shorter, legal-size oak 2-drawer-high filing cabinet next to my desk if and when we move the filing cabinet. Smells distantly similar to good, uncut coke, even years later, but without the benefits.

We had cats and kittens as kids, but by the time I was living on an off-grid farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, there were only 2 cats permitted in the ancient cabin, and the rest were assigned to the barn, as barn cats, where they earned their keep as mousers, keeping the field mice down in numbers and more or less out of the grains for the various farm critters, goats, sheep, ducks, chickens, pigs, etc..

I'm a dog guy, through and through.

And now I'm on to making Thai red curry stir-fry, with organic coconut milk, lots of veggies from the garden, and sea scallops Patagonia wild-caught red shrimp, and calamari steaks cut into strips.

Last edited:

Ella Spell

My 17 month DLH will poop on the tile floor right beside her litter if it's not meticulously clean. Of course this isn't ideal but it's not very often. Maybe once or twice a month. At least I can just grab it with TP, flush it, and wipe the tile instead of having to dig in litter and put it in the trash which is more work. I end up being meticulous though because it would likely freak out the neighbourhood if they saw it on the floor.

Everyone else is spotless. She's a prima donna.

Hester Owl.jpeg

moose eater

Well, I've got to get writing some emails of up-front and straight forward questions to a neurosurgeon inquiring as to THEIR specific successes with high-risk second-time surgeries on the spine where there's already been a triple laminectomy years earlier, and the dura and nerve roots have been exposed to scar tissue that's now been there for over a half-decade, thus likely growing to some degree into the dura and nerves.

Last edited: