What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

Sweatloaf

Do you remember them playing 'So Many Roads'?

If so, you were there for 7/9/95 on Sunday, as they apparently didn't do that tune on Saturday, 7/8/95.

I was working in a Mental Health gig in an office in a rural town in Alaska when the news of Jerry's passing came across the airwaves. It was a sad day.

I don't remember. I wish I did. I saw them three times and I'm grateful (no pun intended) for that. Alpine Valley, WI, World Music Theater, IL and Soldier Field, IL, in that order.

CharlesU Farley

I posted this before but just read a story I had never heard about it so I'm going to post it again. It seems Rolling Stone, the guardian of all that's supposedly rock and roll, didn't see fit to name Prince as one of the _250_ greatest guitarists. :eek:

This pissed Prince the fuck off.

So when he was asked to perform at RS's George Harrison's tribute, during the rehearsals he just did kind of a standard play along and let Jeff Lynn and Tom Petty take the lead. That was not the case during the live performance:

Here's the full article that gives insight to what he did and why he did it:

Here's the article, if you want a good laugh. ;) These are all the guitarists that RS thought were _better_ than Prince 🤣 :

GainesvilleGreen

I posted this before but just read a story I had never heard about it so I'm going to post it again. It seems Rolling Stone, the guardian of all that's supposedly rock and roll, didn't see fit to name Prince as one of the _250_ greatest guitarists. :eek:

This pissed Prince the fuck off.

So when he was asked to perform at RS's George Harrison's tribute, during the rehearsals he just did kind of a standard play along and let Jeff Lynn and Tom Petty take the lead. That was not the case during the live performance:

Here's the full article that gives insight to what he did and why he did it:

Here's the article, if you want a good laugh. :ROFLMAO: These are all the guitarists that RS thought were better than Prince:

Great tune bro