What's new

What music are you listening to?

xtsho

I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks. The real treat starts at around 3:30 when Mick Ronson goes on his guitar solo. Without Mick, Bowie would never reached the fame he did. It's the same thing as with Billy Idol. Without Steve Stevens on the guitar Billy would have been a flop. It's the combination of front man and guitarist that made these bands successful. People know who Billy Idol and David Bowie are but many have never heard of Mick Ronson and Steve Stevens who are as much responsible for the success as the names of the musicians people know.

xtsho

I saw Mick Ronson with Ian Hunter in the late 70's after Mott The Hoople broke up. It was one of those concerts I'm so happy I was able to attend. It's at the level of seeing Prince. You can spend money on all kinds of things but memories last forever. I've spent a bunch of money going to concerts but for the most part it's all been worth every penny.

Watching KISS come down on platforms shooting out flames, Steely Dan performing their works of art, ELO performing like the masters they are, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Cure, Depeche Mode, etc...

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of not being able to attend live performances. One of my favorite activities. If there is a concert I'm there. Billy Idol in a couple weeks. Can't wait. Then ELO, Judas Priest, and Maiden. A fantastic lineup. I'm so glad Portland is a major stop on the concert tour. We get some good ones and the crowd is always great. That's why bands stop here. They sell out and get an excellent reception. We throw down here in Portland. Anyone that's been to a major concert at the MODA Center knows what I'm talking about. We're a city on the river that loves music.

xtsho

David Gahan actually dissed Seattle when they were in Portland. He said they were nothing compared to Portland. They were impressed by the Portland reception and told us so. Just an awesome concert and performance by the band. They gave it their all. And we gave them our all.

Latest posts

Latest posts