What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

CaptainLucky

Czernina is the nastiest God awful stuff.. It will make your whole house reek like a hot monthly cycle if you catch my drift.. **barf**
Chicago has a very big Polish community and my best friend growing up was Polish. I spent the night at his house once and his Mom had made some for dinner. I politely said that I wasn’t hungry n had eaten earlier. But his house 🏡 always smelled funky. lol 😂 He would eat some crazy looking 💩 to. Some kind of clear looking jello 💩. CL🍀

HarleyJammer

Veteran
This is one most people haven't seen, this is the uncut version of what we in the US saw on the PBS special in 1983:

You can see the love in SRV's eyes.

I saw this
Chicago has a very big Polish community and my best friend growing up was Polish. I spent the night at his house once and his Mom had made some for dinner. I politely said that I wasn’t hungry n had eaten earlier. But his house 🏡 always smelled funky. lol 😂 He would eat some crazy looking 💩 to. Some kind of clear looking jello 💩. CL🍀
That clear looking jello is called Head Cheese.. another nasty thing that some call food.. and cow tongue?? Pigs knuckles?? yuck..

I'll stick with pirogies, kapusta, stuffed cabbage, kielbasa, sausage, and sauerkraut. And wash it down with a cold piwo.

CaptainLucky

I saw this

That clear looking jello is called Head Cheese.. another nasty thing that some call food.. and cow tongue?? Pigs knuckles?? yuck..

I'll stick with pirogies, kapusta, stuffed cabbage, kielbasa, sausage, and sauerkraut. And wash it down with a cold piwo.
His little cousin spent the summer once. He followed us around everywhere and all he could say was Choo Choo Charlie. His name was Voitek and drove us nuts.🥜 lol CL🍀

CharlesU Farley

To show what a difference the backing musicians make in a song, here's the original by the folk rock group The Great Society featuring Grace Slick. If you're not a fan of folk rock jamming, skip ahead to 4:25 when Grace starts singing:

And now the one that you're very familiar with. I've always said Grace Slick should send Jack Casady a million dollars every year, because without him (and Jorma and Paul Kantner), the song definitely ain't a hit and she doesn't get millions in royalties every year:

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
The Airplane video I posted above was from a day after Janis Joplin died, Gracie was pregnant with her daughter, China, and Marti Balin wouldn't/couldn't go on stage due to grief over JJ, so Gracie carried the bulk of the vocals alone.

First time I'd seen this video.

At the memorial get-together jam for my buddy Steve (he was the first cat I jammed with when I was 12: we jammed Wild Thing for 2 hours lol) I hopped up on stage and whipped out a heavy rendition of White Rabbit.. Afterwards, a couple heavy hitter guitarists in crowd shook my hand and said they never heard it the way I played it .. and never heard a dude sing it before :D