What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Fast forward to about the 5-minute mark.... or so... or less... you'll know when you hit the show, as sounds will begin coming out of your speakers.

A class-act -tight- Alaska band, some New Grass, funky rock-n-roll, and more. Good folks, good stuff. A jam band with talent.

They helped to play for one group's legalization efforts in the early New Milennium up here. So, a 4/20 show seemed appropriate to me.

About 3-1/2-hours counting intermissions and the slide shows.

Edit: A bit of a correction. The last half of the tape is mostly blank, so it's about 1.5 hours of music. But there's a second show at the same venue on 4/21/18. Give it a listen if you're inclined. A really GOIOD band.

Edited edit: And... actually, there is more music after a lengthy intermission, starting just beyond midway through the recording, at about the 2-hour mark or so.... Oops. Fucking long hippie intermissions, anyway! :) Likely long enough to step out into the snow, smoke a couple doobies, etc. with friends... and back at it..

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran

Notes on this song...

The tune is 'The Baltimore Fire'. A very old song written by the great Charley Poole.

The Rounders covered this classical folk song before.

'Nova' in this context refers to the 'Nova' trilogy by Bill Burroughs. 'soft machine', 'the ticket that exploded' 'nova express'.

Books I"ve avoided because I have been critical of the idea of Burroughs' 'cut up' method he used to compose them. But I'm going to read soon because they're very important. It's a theme that surfaces in a 'few' other rounder songs.

The essence, as I understand it, is 'Nova criminals' vs 'Nova police'. The idea is that society is the host of various 'diseases'. For instance the drug war. Where the dope, duji, drug addicts and dealers, the 'Nova criminals'.

Are required by the 'Nova Police', law enforcement, court systems, various governmental agencies that would not exist otherwise and require the 'Nova criminals' to continue their parasitic relationship with society and are perpetuated through propaganda both subliminal and direct.

From wikipedia's article on 'the ticket that exploded'

"The basic nova technique is very simple: Always create as many insoluble conflicts as possible and always aggravate existing conflicts—This is done by dumping on the same planet life forms with incompatible conditions of existence—There is of course nothing "wrong" about any given life form since "wrong" only has reference to conflicts with other life forms—The point is these life forms should not be on the same planet—Their conditions of life are basically incompatible in present time form and it is precisely the work of the nova mob to see that they remain in present time form, to create and aggravate the conflicts that lead to the explosion of a planet, that is to nova—"

These books also contain the first references to 'heavy metal'.

Which certainly don't have any context with the rounders...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts