What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What kind of pests is this and what can I do about it?

BuenaLaRata

Yo guys,

things aren't quite going my way atm.

Have had problems with pests from the start of my current project. Thought I had it sorted out after heavy use of various pesticides in the veg stage, but now unfortunately I've been away for a week and when I came back (40 days into flowering) my plants were covered in the stuff you see in the pictures. I'm not quite sure what it is. Seems to be eggs... are they spider mites, aphids? Thrips look different as far as I know.

I can't spray any more chemicals at this stage, so I've put out a bunch of lacewing larvae (I have no idea if this is the correct translation, sorry) and predatory mites in the hope that they'll eat the stuff on the leaves, but some of the plants seem to be very badly infested already and I'm afraid I'll have to do some emergency harvesting soon before everything goes completely down the drain.

Any ideas what I could do about this?

Attachments

• 20241018_092715.jpg
    20241018_092715.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20241018_092700.jpg
    20241018_092700.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20241018_092635.jpg
    20241018_092635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20241018_092622.jpg
    20241018_092622.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Porky82

🕷mites.
How far into flower is the plant?
It is a decent infestation.
You know you hang the plant upside down once harvested and they will migrate to the root ball. Obviously the plant has to be pulled out with the roots still intact.

BuenaLaRata

🕷mites.
How far into flower is the plant?
It is a decent infestation.
You know you hang the plant upside down once harvested and they will migrate to the root ball. Obviously the plant has to be pulled out with the roots still intact.

Hey, thanks for the hint.

I'm on flowering day 40. Theoretically there are still 20 days left, but the particularly heavily infested strain (Jokerz Candy) is showing a ton of stress symptoms (+ early ripening) and I think I can give it a maximum of 10 more days.

Soil/root ball gonna get dumped after harvesting so how does it matter if the mites migrate to the root ball?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Bastard mites
Be sure to bleach the grow area before the next grow, they can survive dormant for a year if they need to.
They’re not immune to bleach though