it would have to be
REHALB
TWIZTID
ICP
KOTTON MOUTH KINGS
SLIGHTLY STUPID
in that order,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

I Used To Grow

Oh man..you're making me choose..I'll just give you my top 5.

1.KoRn-Just because I've seen them live a few times..last time I saw them I was front row and got a yellow guitar pick from Munky..so awesome..they rock live too which makes KoRn a must see. They're my favorite because they are pretty twisted, hard, eerie and just scare the crap out of me more than anything. I also like them a lot becaue they put on a great live show..the 3 times I've seen them they seem to get louder and better every time.

2.Red Hot Chili Peppers-Been a fan since I heard "under the bridge" back in like 91..I have every RHCP album to date..seen them once last month and I gotta say that they are extremely talented musicians..nothing like smoking a fat bowl of sensi while singing "Under The Bridge" with several thousand fans. RHCP lyrics are what I really like about them..they just make you think about certain things and how they relate to your life. Just so much energy in their music that you get pumped up listening to a couple fast jams and then you go out and kick some ass. My favorite RCHP album is probably By The Way..very mellow and good to chill to.

3. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers-I've been a Tom Petty and TH fan since 7th grade. I watched "Mary Jane's Last Dance" on VH1 and was like "Damn, that song is awesome. Saw TP and the H this July in Denver...side of the stage..damn good seat..Petty was awesome and I sang along with every song except for one that was a cover. My favorite TP and the H song would have to be "Runnin Down A Dream" or "Won't Back Down".

4. Pearl Jam-I got into PJ when I was like 15. I bought the album Vs. and was hooked..the lyrics Eddie Vedder writes are just really moving and meaningful to me. I had a chance to see them live in 2000 but couldn't make it to the show. Finally saw them open up for Tom Petty this year and I was amazed. So much energy and life on stage...Vedder seems like a very down to earth person as well.

5. System of A Down-I've seen them twice and I must say they are good live...good interesting banter with the crowds. The reason they are on my top 5 list is because they actually made me think twice about certain political issues...kinda like RATM. They are somewhat political in their lyrics but not overwhelming. Hard, Fast, Melodic and random are what I would use to describe SOAD. I remember the first time I heard "Sugar"..I was like "WTF was that? That was some crazy shit"..but the more I listened the more I liked.

Last edited:

diggle

I'm a big fan of Sonic Youth...Pixies...My Morning Jacket (before Z), Broken Social Scene, Nick Cave, to name a couple. I try to listen to as wide a variety of things as possible...

Latest posts

Latest posts