What's new

What is going on with these plants?

Budget Buds

Northern lights strain in a living organic soil, i amended with an organic fertilizer , all was going well but about 3 days ago the leaves started showing this, theyre isolated on the lower/middle growth , all three plants are showing the issue. pretty new to soil growing so any insight is greatly appreciated
NL 9 22 24 - Copy.jpg
NL 9 22 24 1 - Copy.jpg
NL 9 22 24 2 - Copy.jpg
NL 9 22 24 3 - Copy.jpg
NL 9 22 24 4 - Copy.jpg

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I'd need more information - pot size, temperatures, medium, nutrients used, pH and EC or PPM.

Whatever the cause, it is showing up as a Phosphorus deficiency or lockout. Considering the short internodal space on the plants, the wrinkling of the leaves, there may be some other environmental factor going on, like low pH, overwatering, etc.

So I'd l like to know:

- medium used
- EC or PPM
- pH the medium, nutrients, tapwater
- nutrients used

Budget Buds

I'd need more information - pot size, temperatures, medium, nutrients used, pH and EC or PPM.

Whatever the cause, it is showing up as a Phosphorus deficiency or lockout. Considering the short internodal space on the plants, the wrinkling of the leaves, there may be some other environmental factor going on, like low pH, overwatering, etc.

So I'd l like to know:

- medium used
- EC or PPM
- pH the medium, nutrients, tapwater
- nutrients used
2 gal pot, 81 during daytime, 70s at night, living soil amended with trifecta + organic nutrients, ph is unknown. using well hard well water.

internode space is genetic. I did water the hell out of them like 3 days ago, this popped up after, maybe its just a temp from the watering??

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
2 gal pot, 81 during daytime, 70s at night, living soil amended with trifecta + organic nutrients, ph is unknown. using well hard well water.

internode space is genetic. I did water the hell out of them like 3 days ago, this popped up after, maybe its just a temp from the watering??
The well water may be a problem, because it can change with the seasons.

Watering stress could be it, however the short internodal space didn't start 3 days ago.

Genes still need nutrients to be expressed to their full potential. Something is locking out potassium.

You should get a pH meter and an EC or PPM meter, so you know exactly what went into the plant and what is coming out.

Because both P and K are mobile nutrients, which get locked out at a low pH, my guess is that the pH is too low and watering could have created a low oxygen environment which would pull down the pH even more.

Time to get a pH and EC meter and know for certain.

Budget Buds

The well water may be a problem, because it can change with the seasons.

Watering stress could be it, however the short internodal space didn't start 3 days ago.

Genes still need nutrients to be expressed to their full potential. Something is locking out potassium.

You should get a pH meter and an EC or PPM meter, so you know exactly what went into the plant and what is coming out.

Because both P and K are mobile nutrients, which get locked out at a low pH, my guess is that the pH is too low and watering could have created a low oxygen environment which would pull down the pH even more.

Time to get a pH and EC meter and know for certain.
I have several ph and ppm meters, but all i can test is the water runoff, they wont test soil ph. is there a process for testing soil with a ph meter other than just runoff? Maybe take ph netural water and mix a soil sample into the water and then test to see if it pulls the ph down or up?

The short internodal spacing is genetic, the issue i'm having isn't causing it, It's a northern lights strain and has short nodes . The plants were all super healthy until after I just watered them 3 days ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts