What's new

Wax/Oils vs Morrocan Hash (Amsterdam Visit!)

FreebirdTTu

Hi all -

I'm heading to Amsterdam for my first time in a couple of weeks :woohoo:

I plan to blaze my way across the city and have been scoping coffeeshops to visit. On many of the menus I see Morrocan Hash and was wondering, how is it different than the wax/oil that I smoke regularly from dispensaries?

Also, any tips on things to do in Amsterdam?

Cheers!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moroccan hash generally is made w.out the use of solvents like most wax/oils/errls/budder/moonrocks

basically pressed dry sift i believe
still high quality

ifrane

hello, the first advice I'm giving is to learn the difference between whiskey and wine ..... the second, that if you smoke you will do well to amst run like crazy to the city spending big money and if you are lucky you can meet him something ........
wax is pure extraction with butane shot at high pressure and produced with virgin flowers (usually, at least what you find in amsterdam) with excellent genetic .......
extract more pure and impure in the world ............... cleans impurities from the resin, but works too chemically thc that changes its chemical form, slightly, but the changes secondhand and more injurious to health ......
is done by the Moroccan landrace, full of seeds remained without water for most of their lives, fighting for some space and get fucked by men worse than sluts brothel and the instinct of a hemp plant is pregnant to seeds, nn resin, which serves only to find out the pollen in the air .............. think ... the resin most popular in the world are manufactured to meet a sexual instinct of plants! hahaha! how nice!! even better!

H

Hazyfontazy

,basically ,,african and asian hashes are great tasting with superb highs ,,but no where near as strong as wax or oil ,,hashes start at around 7 euros ,,was and oils around 25 euros per gramm ,,smoke all the hashes b4 u try the oils so u have an idea what they are about

toddv

Take pipe ?

Take pipe ?

I am also heading to Amsterdam soon. Would like to take NEW wooden pipe and the tools to keep it clean while there.

Am I gonna get hassled by anyone over a new clean pipe ??

Normal USA travel, just keep it in shaving kit. Never been asked a thing. Pretty small.

Thanks !

FreebirdTTu

Thanks all for the feedback! I can't imagine anything stronger than the oils/wax from the dispensaries, but I'll always keep my fingers crossed. Now I'll feel safe rolling up a hooter with 1/2 of moroccan without worries of never coming down. :)

H

Hazyfontazy

I am also heading to Amsterdam soon. Would like to take NEW wooden pipe and the tools to keep it clean while there.

Am I gonna get hassled by anyone over a new clean pipe ??

Normal USA travel, just keep it in shaving kit. Never been asked a thing. Pretty small.

Thanks !

although its no hassle ,Amsterdam has plenty of pipes ,,just buy 1 when u get there and leave it there :tiphat:

sprinkl

Veteran
Moroccan hash found in Europe or in coffeeshops is on average, like most import hashes, IME, poor quality. Hell even in Morocco, Marakesj as non-French speaking tourist I only got hold of contaminated hash, so you can guess how much of the bad crap is being produced and is going around if even the locals are getting flooded with it. Tbh I have smoked a lot better moroccan in coffeeshops than I did in Morocco.
Even the few times I got non contaminated 'Maroc' it was always very low potency. One coffeeshop(checkpoint, been gone for ages though) had it tested at 3.4%. Great daytime smoke for the first joint or two, but if you smoked anything potent the last 6...8 hours don't expect to get the slightest buzz from it.
I also smoked really potent Maroc once from that same shop, it was really great, near the twenties %thc and wonderful taste, which makes it even worse that it's such a rarity.

Still, not trying to shoot your hopes down, good quality import hash does exist, I just think you won't find it easily by buying random hashes in shops. Maybe if you could gain a local or coffeeshop salesman's trust he could tell you where and what to look for.

ifrane

Moroccan hash found in Europe or in coffeeshops is on average, like most import hashes, IME, poor quality. Hell even in Morocco, Marakesj as non-French speaking tourist I only got hold of contaminated hash, so you can guess how much of the bad crap is being produced and is going around if even the locals are getting flooded with it. Tbh I have smoked a lot better moroccan in coffeeshops than I did in Morocco.
Even the few times I got non contaminated 'Maroc' it was always very low potency. One coffeeshop(checkpoint, been gone for ages though) had it tested at 3.4%. Great daytime smoke for the first joint or two, but if you smoked anything potent the last 6...8 hours don't expect to get the slightest buzz from it.
I also smoked really potent Maroc once from that same shop, it was really great, near the twenties %thc and wonderful taste, which makes it even worse that it's such a rarity.

Still, not trying to shoot your hopes down, good quality import hash does exist, I just think you won't find it easily by buying random hashes in shops. Maybe if you could gain a local or coffeeshop salesman's trust he could tell you where and what to look for.

i tested maroc whit 34% tch
1% thcv1
3% cbn
everythings depend on the hash.........usually maroc don't have more of 5-7% thc

Go to Grey Area and call it a day. I'm always disappointed in Amsterdam. Its all one big tourist trap. Can the locals even be trusted? They mix everything with tobacco. The best experiences I had with weed and hash weren't in the coffee shops. It was from US tourists that bring their own. A Guy that I met from NY when i was in amsterdam stands out in my mind pretty well. How sad is that.

ifrane

i was in grey area no more of one week ago, i buyed grey cristal(20 euro gr.) and i took a big fraud....they are selling like cristal a dried powdra very dirty.. whitout stone..........

mack 10

Veteran
^^dam, i was gonna get some grey chistals as well,:( thanks for the tip.
Where's all the killer import? i want some melty.

and @ hazey; Wax @the bush Dr is 95 e a gram! i;ve seen it for around 55 as well. (still a rip)

Rinse

Veteran
Moroccan hash is preferable to chemically isolated resin for a number of reasons IMO:

- The Moroccan hashish process is a mechanical extraction (sieving), which retains the resin and terpenes in their natural form. Anything which uses butane or solvents is a chemical extraction, which is more synonymous with a drug than a herb.

- The Moroccan plants are sun scorched, subsequently yeilding a fuller spectrum of phyto-compounds than their indoor bred cousins.

- The Moroccan plants are not pampered with nutrients and water, so they contain less chlorophyll and nitrogen at harvest.

- The Moroccan plants are seeded, which is the only way a female cannabis plant can finish its flowering cycle. I suspect seeded flowers to contain a broader spectrum of terpenes. Sinsemilla is only a finished product to a human, not to the plant.

- The high from Moroccan hash is of a higher quality in regards to its harmony within the body and subsequent smoother come down. The iso oils may be more suited in medical applications that require the maximum percentage of THC.

- Moroccan Hash is cheaper.

I

ItsTopShelf

wen an pound of amazing sugar trim makes 16-28 grams of BHO of coarse its going to be expensive.. its fucking expensive to make alot of bho.

Alpen rock

Hi!

I've always found extracts or Nederhash in the Dam to be pretty lacking, tastwise.Of course, most of them will get you high as a kite.

I deffo prefer Import hash over NL extracts, much cheaper too.If you know where and what to look for, AMS is THE place fr a hash hunt.Quality is also reflected in the price, I would stay away most hash under the 10 EUR/grm in the city center.

A good solution is to visit shops that regularly stock good hash, and ask fr a recomendation, as batches change constantly.

Here are my shops fr quality import hash:

-city center: Betty boop (there is always a good fresh morocan there, fairly priced), Bluebird (fr asian hash), Green Place (quite expensive), Utopia, Anyday...

De Pijp area:
-Club Media, De Graal, Papillion.

There are many others, but you'll always find good stuff in these shops.

sprinkl

Veteran
i tested maroc whit 34% tch
1% thcv1
3% cbn
everythings depend on the hash.........usually maroc don't have more of 5-7% thc

Nice, damn i love decent import hashes.
Nepalese/temple and turkish hash from the checkpoint come to mind.
Tons of flavour and what a high.
Or the heavily sedative afghan and sputnik..
Totally different from indoor grown pot. I also believe its due to the natural way its grown, under the sun, heavily seeded..

Ive got a chunk of indian hash lying around, its a ok smoke, but contaminated with something i think..

Also another reason ice hash is often so weak its they use very low quality leaf material most of the time i believe

al-k-mist

I am sorry if I seem like a dick at times.
Ice water hash is often made using the dankest sugar leaves. The fan leaves are normally discarded or composted.
Think about the cannabis slave making it. Do you think he wants to use leaf...same work, less yield and quality? Or suagr leaf, with more meds for the work? Keeping in mind most medicine makers take the medicine themselves
And while I agree butane and BHO are chem extracts, there is no residual butane when its done right, SAYS AN ORGANIC CHEMIST AT THE LEADING U.S. ORGANIC BODY CARE COMpany