What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

VPD/High humidity in perpetual grow

linky

I am curious if anyone is growing via VPD chart in a perpetual flower room, if so is the higher temp/humidity an issue in late flower?

Zen Medz

In my experience as long as you've got good air movement throughout the canopy there shouldn't be any problems. You may want to watch the plant separation and fan leaf overlap a bit closer. Don't fear humidity!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I just posted about a similar topic in another thread. I am growing perpetual and I try to stick within VPD parameters, except two hours before lights off when I have a dehuey kick in to start drying out the air in anticipation of the RH spike at lights off. Humid air will quickly reach dew point at lights off, your buds will be dripping with moisture. That is the only time you should experience problems with higher humidity assuming your air circulation is on point!

TheMan13

Veteran
picture.php

linky

I just posted about a similar topic in another thread. I am growing perpetual and I try to stick within VPD parameters, except two hours before lights off when I have a dehuey kick in to start drying out the air in anticipation of the RH spike at lights off. Humid air will quickly reach dew point at lights off, your buds will be dripping with moisture. That is the only time you should experience problems with higher humidity assuming your air circulation is on point!

Maybe I will give this a try.. or wonder if its better overall to keep humidity and temps up, at least temps and humidity up to mid 70's with lights off, if that would prevent moisture from forming. Or maybe the plants would not care going from 85 F and 75% humidity and then down to 75 F and 45 humidity, wonder if that large change in humidity would bother them.

TheMan13

Veteran
Maybe I will give this a try.. or wonder if its better overall to keep humidity and temps up, at least temps and humidity up to mid 70's with lights off, if that would prevent moisture from forming. Or maybe the plants would not care going from 85 F and 75% humidity and then down to 75 F and 45 humidity, wonder if that large change in humidity would bother them.

I never allow my RH above 70% with lights out due to the threat of mold/bud rot. I turn off my humidifier and turn on my dehumidifier before lights out because as the temp drops the RH will necessarily rise. It sounds like a funny game, but I'm specifically trying to use VPD or a higher RH to overcome heat issues from using a Gavita Pro in a 5x5 tent without AC and couldn't be happier with the results. VPD for the win ;-)~

linky

I never allow my RH above 70% with lights out due to the threat of mold/bud rot. I turn off my humidifier and turn on my dehumidifier before lights out because as the temp drops the RH will necessarily rise. It sounds like a funny game, but I'm specifically trying to use VPD or a higher RH to overcome heat issues from using a Gavita Pro in a 5x5 tent without AC and couldn't be happier with the results. VPD for the win ;-)~

Very smart way to deal with high heat, good one.

I think I will have my humidifier go off an hour before lights out and have dehumidifiers kick on at that time, set them to ~60 percent when lights off with ambient temps about 75. Will do 85F with lights on and ~75 humidity I think. Will give that a shot once and see how it goes.. just worried about the stuff that is ready to come out or within a week or two, don't want any bud rot/mold.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
The thread coco trees by DJM has a lot of great info on the topic of high humidity during flowering. The guy can also back up his claims with pictures of some very impressive grows!

Latest posts

Latest posts