What's new

Volcano, great value vape

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That would be the”magma”

If somebody wants one, donate $50 to the server fund and I will mail you mine. USA only.
The offer is rescinded. Server fund doesn’t need money now.

My Venty just died. E04 error message like everyone else. Do not buy this thing. My apologies to anyone who bought one based on my recommendation. I thought the issue was solved but it's ongoing and very common.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I've been vaping for about a decade now, own many yet use only a few.

Recently decided to try bags and was sold so hard on them, I grabbed a gold Volcano for the bling effect (it gets you higher than the sun apparently) :whee:

DSCF0852.JPG

This thing is so easy to use and hits just where I need it to. Very heady high.

I likey!

hamstring

Veteran
Try first exhaling fully then a small inhale on the mouthpiece followed by an inhale of fresh air to push it down.
Wanted to thank you brother.

I don't know why but, this works very well. You would think taking a toke then inhaling fresh air deeply would make the vapor expand more in your lungs. It doesn't though and it gets rid of the coughing.

My best guess the fresh air cools the vapor. Love to hear your thoughts on this and thanks again for the advice.

hamstring

Veteran
Tiny Might 2

Just want to mention portable vapes vs Volcano. I love my Volcano so much I decided to look at purchasing a Tiny Might 2 to bring with me for outdoor adventures. It was a big purchase for me. It costs right around $375.00 for the package I bought. Thats very close to the cost of Volcano.

I did a lot of research and the Tiny Might 2 is a completely induction heating vape and is consistently rated #1 or #2 for portable vapes. I have used the Tiny Might 2 for around 2 months now. It works as advertised. It will give big thick clouds of clean vapor.

Here is the issue I have with it. Its a portable vape and the battery life is only good for loading the bowl twice. Mine came with a 2nd battery and I know why. I only use it in the "on demand" mode and there is no way you could go fishing , hiking or kayaking for day even with two batteries . I am heavy user and two small bowls of weed is only good for a couple of hrs max. Its not enough to pass around between friends when playing darts or pool.

If I had to do it all over again not sure I would purchase the Tiny Might 2 . I wouldn't call it a portable vape because you have to either be near a AC outlet or carry around 10 batteries. Thats not what I call a portable vape. If you smoke mostly at home I would recommend buying the Volcano as it is the best thing I have purchased in a long time.

Would love to hear of others experience.

doc_loomis

I have similar issues. I own 2 Storz&Bickel Mightys for the exact same reason. I can get along with half a battery per smoke, but I would usually use as much as the whole battery at once. Which also means filling the chamber 5-6 times, and it takes about an hour. It is quite nice to be able to prepare the dosage capsules when on the run, but then again it makes the dose even smaller. Good thing is the new mighty has a USB-C port, so you can also take a power bank with you to load it.
Still really a struggle.
So I'm currently experimenting with different ways to make edibles, so I can save time mostly.

Tincandtoke

I have similar issues. I own 2 Storz&Bickel Mightys for the exact same reason. I can get along with half a battery per smoke, but I would usually use as much as the whole battery at once. Which also means filling the chamber 5-6 times, and it takes about an hour. It is quite nice to be able to prepare the dosage capsules when on the run, but then again it makes the dose even smaller. Good thing is the new mighty has a USB-C port, so you can also take a power bank with you to load it.
Still really a struggle.
So I'm currently experimenting with different ways to make edibles, so I can save time mostly.

That's how I go about my day
Consume an edible then use my vape to micro dose and raise my levels as the edible wears off
I use infused simple syrup instead of infused coconut oil

Tincandtoke

IMG_20240314_180627.jpg IMG_20240319_145450.jpg IMG_20240319_145730.jpg IMG_20240125_130208.jpg IMG_20240125_130436.jpg IMG_20240125_130609.jpg IMG_20240125_131654.jpg IMG_20240125_131741.jpg IMG_20240125_132727.jpg IMG_20240125_133427.jpg

The syrup differs in onset and duration
Coconut/mct oil takes up to 2 hours for onset and can last between 6-12 hours depending on the individual
Simple syrup takes about 30-60 minutes for onset and lasts 3-5 hours depending on the individual
The high is much lighter and can be boosted with micro dosing some flower
Carts can push you toward a green out so it is best to stick to micro dosing

As you can see in the pics I used refined rso
Also, cold ethanol extraction of flower and the use of carbon and celite 545 to filter my tincture
This gives the syrup a neutral taste that can be flavored with a lot of things
Will blend into hot and cold drinks
A favorite of bartenders but dosing and individual tolerance remain an issue

The 210S is used to bind the cannabis oil to the sugar water
It will hold suspension and with a good hand/immersion blender you can get it just short of a micro emulsion

Good edible for a night out
Not as sleepy as the oil based edibles
There is something to liposomal encapsulation when it comes to oil based edibles
Personally use oil for evening and sleep meds
The oil/sugar carrier gets used for early morning if my pain is too much, otherwise its a 10am infused coffee

I use this recipe as it has a long shelf life

Still working on my mixing and researching nano emulsion for diy

Edit: the 210S is a mix of xanthan 90% and gum Arabic 10%
You can make your own but may need adjustments as the commercial mixture is pre treated

Lots of interesting recipes
I've made some off the wall edibles and had epic fails

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Love the information but thats why I went to vaping. I was a tincture guy, basic green dragon, using everclear with a double boiler.

I can make strong tincture with this method. The draws backs are taste and consistency. I get a different strength each time i make it. Micro dosing never seemed to work for me with green dragon. It was either a 3 hr drunk stone and a couple of hrs of high. You had to set aside 5 hrs to dose. If I micro dosed it was a very blah high. All or nothing situation for me when dosing green dragon.

Vaping is almost as potent as dosing but you have much better control of duration and strength. You can green out with the volcano too, but its only short ride before your back to comfortably numb.

I like store bought gummies but it takes some work to get there. Cold ethanol extraction is in the -30 deg C range. It takes some investment in equipment and education using Cold ethanol extraction or CO2 to get the right starting product for gummies or at least thats the knowledge I have in the process..

Green Dragon is like GEICO, its so easy a caveman can do it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Tiny Might 2

Just want to mention portable vapes vs Volcano. I love my Volcano so much I decided to look at purchasing a Tiny Might 2 to bring with me for outdoor adventures. It was a big purchase for me. It costs right around $375.00 for the package I bought. Thats very close to the cost of Volcano.

I did a lot of research and the Tiny Might 2 is a completely induction heating vape and is consistently rated #1 or #2 for portable vapes. I have used the Tiny Might 2 for around 2 months now. It works as advertised. It will give big thick clouds of clean vapor.

Here is the issue I have with it. Its a portable vape and the battery life is only good for loading the bowl twice. Mine came with a 2nd battery and I know why. I only use it in the "on demand" mode and there is no way you could go fishing , hiking or kayaking for day even with two batteries . I am heavy user and two small bowls of weed is only good for a couple of hrs max. Its not enough to pass around between friends when playing darts or pool.

If I had to do it all over again not sure I would purchase the Tiny Might 2 . I wouldn't call it a portable vape because you have to either be near a AC outlet or carry around 10 batteries. Thats not what I call a portable vape. If you smoke mostly at home I would recommend buying the Volcano as it is the best thing I have purchased in a long time.

Would love to hear of others experience.
I have the tinymight 1, and it will last me a night out as a portable. I probably only go through half a gram a night though. I can't remember what mode, but I just switch it on as needed, take 3 hits and switch off again. I haven't counted how many times I can do this but quite a few. I guess what I like most is the high I get from the unit. If I'm too lazy to get the volcano out the tinymight is almost as satisfying as the high I get from the volcano, so I think a lot could use it as their stand alone vape.

goingrey

I have the Tinymight 2 too and would also not consider it a portable. Sure it can go through half a gram on a charge but that is like one joint! But I think it's a fantastic vape because of the super quick heatup and great bong milking capability. The Volcano hasn't gotten much use since I bought the Tinymight 2.

Tincandtoke

Love the information but thats why I went to vaping. I was a tincture guy, basic green dragon, using everclear with a double boiler.

I can make strong tincture with this method. The draws backs are taste and consistency. I get a different strength each time i make it. Micro dosing never seemed to work for me with green dragon. It was either a 3 hr drunk stone and a couple of hrs of high. You had to set aside 5 hrs to dose. If I micro dosed it was a very blah high. All or nothing situation for me when dosing green dragon.

Vaping is almost as potent as dosing but you have much better control of duration and strength. You can green out with the volcano too, but its only short ride before your back to comfortably numb.

I like store bought gummies but it takes some work to get there. Cold ethanol extraction is in the -30 deg C range. It takes some investment in equipment and education using Cold ethanol extraction or CO2 to get the right starting product for gummies or at least thats the knowledge I have in the process..

Green Dragon is like GEICO, its so easy a caveman can do it.

Reduce all my tincture to concentrate and purge most of the ethanol out
Not all the ethanol gets purged because I don't have a vacuum oven
Refer to it as cold extraction because it involves leaving the ethanol in the freezer for 24 hours
Super cold extraction requires things like dry ice or liquid nitrogen to achieve the low temperatures
I go for refined rso, eliminates the extraction process and at $18 A gram a more affordable product

The green/gold dragon you refer to is what the vast majority of us use on a daily basis
It is the simplest way to extract
It is what you do with the tincture that throws some people

Since this is a vape thread I will leave it there

hamstring

Veteran
I have the tinymight 1, and it will last me a night out as a portable. I probably only go through half a gram a night though. I can't remember what mode, but I just switch it on as needed, take 3 hits and switch off again. I haven't counted how many times I can do this but quite a few. I guess what I like most is the high I get from the unit. If I'm too lazy to get the volcano out the tinymight is almost as satisfying as the high I get from the volcano, so I think a lot could use it as their stand alone vape.
Thanks for the input. Nice to hear something different than my experience. I personally don't like a echo chamber.

hamstring

Veteran
I have the Tinymight 2 too and would also not consider it a portable. Sure it can go through half a gram on a charge but that is like one joint! But I think it's a fantastic vape because of the super quick heatup and great bong milking capability. The Volcano hasn't gotten much use since I bought the Tinymight 2.
Do you have multi batteries or do you just keep it charged up all the time? Interesting comment about your Volcano.

I prefer mine to the Tinymight because I don't have to reload the bowl as much.

hamstring

Veteran
Reduce all my tincture to concentrate and purge most of the ethanol out
Not all the ethanol gets purged because I don't have a vacuum oven
Refer to it as cold extraction because it involves leaving the ethanol in the freezer for 24 hours
Super cold extraction requires things like dry ice or liquid nitrogen to achieve the low temperatures
I go for refined rso, eliminates the extraction process and at $18 A gram a more affordable product

The green/gold dragon you refer to is what the vast majority of us use on a daily basis
It is the simplest way to extract
It is what you do with the tincture that throws some people

Since this is a vape thread I will leave it there
I guess different strokes for different folks. I don't purchase any cannabis products I only use what I grow.

"It is what you do with the tincture that throws some people"

Love to hear you expand on this comment. I know its a vape thread so you can PM me if you don't want to clutter up the thread.

Bit of a back story, I use the green dragon method I got from the IC Mag family. I measure each dose with a eye dropper meant to administer medicine to a baby. I know exactly how many mg I take each time. I have been doing this for over 10 yrs. For a year I exclusively used tincture to get high. So very familiar with the process and dosage.

Nothing against it, but in my experience its either blotto or nothing. When I cut the dosage in half the potency/effects were almost not worth the effort. Just didn't have the effect I was looking for. Again some of the store bought gummies given to me by friends were nice. Take one or two and smoke a J. You were feeling pretty good. So not looking to knock anyones methodology just given my experience with tincture in general.

Tincandtoke

I guess different strokes for different folks. I don't purchase any cannabis products I only use what I grow.

"It is what you do with the tincture that throws some people"

Love to hear you expand on this comment. I know its a vape thread so you can PM me if you don't want to clutter up the thread.

Bit of a back story, I use the green dragon method I got from the IC Mag family. I measure each dose with a eye dropper meant to administer medicine to a baby. I know exactly how many mg I take each time. I have been doing this for over 10 yrs. For a year I exclusively used tincture to get high. So very familiar with the process and dosage.

Nothing against it, but in my experience its either blotto or nothing. When I cut the dosage in half the potency/effects were almost not worth the effort. Just didn't have the effect I was looking for. Again some of the store bought gummies given to me by friends were nice. Take one or two and smoke a J. You were feeling pretty good. So not looking to knock anyones methodology just given my experience with tincture in general.

Not much to expand on
People make the tincture, test it sub lingual and complain about the burn
Then I bring up reduction in a double boiler set up and what to do with the oil

IMG_20240408_121457.jpg
It comes down to the individual
We all experience the effects differently
Right now I'm using a 1:1 thc/cbd flower extraction to make sleep meds for a non cannabis user
Who now uses cannabis but not to get high
It really is individual tolerance

Please do not read anything into my posts
Threw the recipe up there because of a request

Honestly my problems are testing extractions
Only guesstimate now
The refined rso is nearly a 1000mg so I have a known number to work with when setting dosage
How do you test your dragon, TLC?

Latest posts

Latest posts