What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Volcano, great value vape

doc_loomis

I also own both volcanos, the classic and the newer hybrid. I've owned the classic for over 20 years now, bought it some time around 2000. I've used it daily for many years, and switched about 4 years ago to the hybrid, and I'm using that one daily now.

The new one is a hybrid, meaning you can also stick a mouthpiece to it and inhale directly. I don't like that though and prefer the bag, and yeah, that's why you need to take off the chamber, because basically it is still heating. Hence the name hybrid :)

Btw, the 20 years Volcano documentary on youtube is well worth watching :)

Last edited:

Black Venus

I recently bought a Volcano. I've been using an Arizer Solo daily for years and am still very happy with that, but the Volcano has been a revelation.

I had talked myself out of buying one because I thought it might be a bit over the top for my needs – people always talk about how big a hit it gives, and I thought I might be too much of a lightweight! Plus I found the idea of sucking a plastic bag profoundly unappealing. But then a friend got one and I tried it out. Wow! The bags were no issue for me at all. The high is the closest I've got to the hit from a joint (I stopped smoking joints over a decade ago because of my asthma) but the Volcano is flexible enough that you can tailor it to your needs, and you don't have to let it blow your head off if you don't want to.

I bought the Classic version because I'm old and I like dials and knobs rather than digitals and apps. I love it! The build quality is superb, and the quality of the high is superb too. It's not just that it's got a bigger hit, there is a quality to the high which is hard to define. It's somehow clearer and cleaner, without fogginess. Very pleased I bought it, it was worth the money.

Tincandtoke

I recently bought a Volcano. I've been using an Arizer Solo daily for years and am still very happy with that, but the Volcano has been a revelation.

I had talked myself out of buying one because I thought it might be a bit over the top for my needs – people always talk about how big a hit it gives, and I thought I might be too much of a lightweight! Plus I found the idea of sucking a plastic bag profoundly unappealing. But then a friend got one and I tried it out. Wow! The bags were no issue for me at all. The high is the closest I've got to the hit from a joint (I stopped smoking joints over a decade ago because of my asthma) but the Volcano is flexible enough that you can tailor it to your needs, and you don't have to let it blow your head off if you don't want to.

I bought the Classic version because I'm old and I like dials and knobs rather than digitals and apps. I love it! The build quality is superb, and the quality of the high is superb too. It's not just that it's got a bigger hit, there is a quality to the high which is hard to define. It's somehow clearer and cleaner, without fogginess. Very pleased I bought it, it was worth the money.

Have to give credit to the Volcano for its medical application
Recently had oral surgery and was unable to hit a ball vape
The bags and tube attachments make vaping possible if you have any issues with your mouth
Cracked a tooth and it got infected so it has been several weeks of heavy duty pain management

If I had to do it over I would order the classic over the hybrid
My old classic is still operating but has a LOT of hours on it since 2007

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Have to give credit to the Volcano for its medical application
Recently had oral surgery and was unable to hit a ball vape
The bags and tube attachments make vaping possible if you have any issues with your mouth
Cracked a tooth and it got infected so it has been several weeks of heavy duty pain management

If I had to do it over I would order the classic over the hybrid
My old classic is still operating but has a LOT of hours on it since 2007
I gots some extractions next month and will be off the balls and back on the bag for a bit.
😁

Tincandtoke

IMG_20240718_201556.jpg

Ordered a couple of cheap water pipes from POV
This square piece is perfect for medicating in bed
One note, the silicone tubing that came with the glass had a peculiar odor
So bad I did not use it, tubing in the pic is from S&B Volcano
Pretty sure that if you used the tubing your sesh would taste awful
Anyone else have this issue with tubing?

goingrey

View attachment 19034768

Gotta use food grade tubing

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
View attachment 19034768

Been using this for years best whip tube on the market far better than silicone.

Baba Karuna

The volcano is the best vaporizer I have ever come across. I’ve had mine since 2010/2011 and I have had the outlet prongs break, components inside burn out and it was always quick and easy to mail it in for repair. Plus it has been easy to replace the switches myself. The effect is definitely brighter and clearer than smoking and is so much easier on the respiratory system.

Speaking of, has anyone tried inhaling the vapor through the nose? 🙏🏼

🪷Om Namah Shivaya🪷

Tincandtoke

Gotta use food grade tubing
Definitely

Been using this for years best whip tube on the market far better than silicone.

Thanks, I'll check it out

The smell is unbelievable!

Speaking of, has anyone tried inhaling the vapor through the nose? 🙏🏼

🪷Om Namah Shivaya🪷

Been a while since I was that high...🤔