What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Vintage Smoking Devices and Accessories

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I lost my power hitter in the great fire of '77. You could give yourself a shotgun but even then I preferred the old fashioned way. You know a young lady wearing one of those poplin peasant shirts lean into oh say a half inch of your face and blow you the smoke through a joint. But that's just me.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

:dance013::dance013::dance013:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for bumping the thread with your vintage grinders Mrs. Babba :thank you:...

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had nearly forgotten about this place; a little while back however I did find and clean up what I'm pretty sure is an old homemade Ceramic Class bong, dated 1977, I and shot a few pics for all of you.

anyone else have any OLD homemade bongs or pipes?

and a butt carb...

Peace,
Infi

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahah In, no prob, I like showing off the grinders, they work so good and our stoner friends really dig them as gifts :D
Thats a great bong!! Love the carb hehe very cool

C

Chamba

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

I'm different from Will, when I die, I want to go where the pretty nymphomaniac girls go where they are
....lol

C

Chamba

those jar top grinders work well, but make sure never to grind more than you intend to smoke that night as cannabis potency tends to noticeably deteriorate (especially over subsequent days) when ground up as many of the trichomes are squashed and the goodness is exposed to oxygen.

btw why does the word "trichomes" show up as wrong spelling?...is this a cannabis site or am I spelling it wrong?

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

I'm different from Will, when I die, I want to go where the pretty nymphomaniac girls go where they are
....lol
LOL

those jar top grinders work well, but make sure never to grind more than you intend to smoke that night as cannabis potency tends to noticeably deteriorate (especially over subsequent days) when ground up as many of the trichomes are squashed and the goodness is exposed to oxygen.

btw why does the word "trichomes" show up as wrong spelling?...is this a cannabis site or am I spelling it wrong?

I don't know but my auto spellcheck on my computer automatically checks and corrects misspelled words and it always corrects Trichomes so i have to capitalize it and it leaves it alone... there are quite a few words it doesn't recognize.

TokerAce

Heres a funny ass story! Back in 1980 I went to a head shop called Mother Murphy's, it was a out of the way used records and head shop ran by a younger guy! I went in and bought myself a brand new brass hitter rod! He had to open a box of new ones he just got in. Now fast forward to 2005, I returned to the same head shop as I have done for the last 25 years to purchase a new rod for my hitter box! I walked in and the same guy was behind the counter! I asked for one and he handed me a aluminum rod! I said no thank you I want a brass one! He dug around for a few minutes and produced a box with 1 rod left in it! He commented that he bought that box back in the 80's. Now I am saying no fucking way its still the same box and asked him if he knew when he actually opened the box and he looked and said " ya June 1980" "Holy shit I bought the first one out of that box 25 years ago!!" I said! After a few no ways and a couple laughs he said if I remembered how much I paid for it I could pay the same price! $1.75 plus tax!! Now I have both the first and last rod sold from that box of rods! Still blows my mind that it took him 25 years to sell 100 of them!!!
Bsafe

kongbud

Does anyone remember the bongs that hippies in Florida made out of bamboo? They were made with 2 pieces of bamboo and sealed with twine and wax.

T

toughmudderdave

Kinda surprised one of these haven't turned up in this thread. My best friend in HS and I had one of these (~1977). We made a lot of kick ass oil out of crappy Mexican weed...

Attachments

• isomachine.jpg
    isomachine.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 32

Green Supreme

Veteran
LOL

I don't know but my auto spellcheck on my computer automatically checks and corrects misspelled words and it always corrects Trichomes so i have to capitalize it and it leaves it alone... there are quite a few words it doesn't recognize.

There is usually a clicky thing, that asks if you want to add he word to the dictionary. I find this helpful. Peace GS

Hank Hemp

Veteran
You sure

You sure

....lol

I thought Mark Twain said that could be wrong, both my heroes.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kinda surprised one of these haven't turned up in this thread. My best friend in HS and I had one of these (~1977). We made a lot of kick ass oil out of crappy Mexican weed...

you two must have been kings back in HS, smoking oil while everyone else puffs brick!

I have never seen one of those... ISO machine??? looks funny how does is work.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Anyone still have a "Pocket Rocket"? I do. :D

Uses the whipped cream chargers of nitrous oxide and fits standard lamp-parts pipe threads. Light the bowl and take a big ole drag... then crank the valve and top off with a nitrous hit. LOL Worked great.

Bought a pack of those cellulose papers once... only used one. BLEAH! Nobody else could taste it but damn if it wasn't nasty to me.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

John Deere

Veteran
bump

Not quite as vintage as Mrs.Babba's but here's my old school chopper. I remember chopping nuts with this thing when I was a kid. It's awesome. I love it.

picture.php

picture.php

C

Chamba

You know a young lady wearing one of those poplin peasant shirts lean into oh say a half inch of your face and blow you the smoke through a joint. But that's just me.

yep, Hank, that's me too!

Latest posts

Latest posts