What's new

Vintage Eden Hashish prints

De La Luz

Hey folks,
I've been collecting Eden Hashish centre prints for the last 10 years or so. I have about 20 - 25 different prints. Most of the prints are from 1973 or 1974.
Some prints have calendars, some do not.

Anyone else out there collect these?

A

avgjoe

Please show us more.

If you have any links of where these may be purchased online or more info it would be appreciated.

ilife

A few of my favorites from my collection:

Here are some of my favorite Central Hashish Store posters also:

<<<<<WE NEED TO START A CANNABIS MEMORABILIA FORUM>>>>>>

iLiFE

De La Luz

ilife- Thanks for the reply, great prints! I recognize some of your first listed Eden prints as most likely originating with a well known West coast poster/print dealer. I purchased one from him as well a few years back but I do not personally feel his prints to be "the real ones". The paper is different and his prints are just too fine... I think that he indeed purchased them in the 70's but they were fakes made in India (I believe they bear a Delhi printing stamp).

I Love them all !! Even the fakes.

Here are few different ones from my collection that I believe to be "original"...

Shiva with calendar 1973

Last edited:

De La Luz

Laxmi with calendar 1974~ (Notice that Shiva 1973 lists one location and Laxmi 1974 list two different Eden locations)
Both prints have the tin/metal rod with cloth hanger on top of the print

De La Luz

Here is a stamp that some of my later prints have....

Stamp reads: "Printed in 1973 when the Hashish was legal in the country"

Notice the font used for "EDEN" on all of the different prints

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Thats a first. Pink swasticas?

2151IMG_4564.JPG

De La Luz

Verite - the swastika has historically been a symble of "Infinity"

pre- nazi

This seems to be an image of a Ganesh festival of some kind

C

crownedsparrow

man those are badass. I'd be interested in knowing how much the origionals are valued at.

jim dankness

you can find them for $100 or so, a bit more in better condition.

de la luiz, without inviting anyone to slander anyone else, i was curious about the 'well-known west coast poster seller', as i believe i might have bought a couple of his eden posters on ebay... does he live in berkeley, per chance?

De La Luz

jim dankness said:
you can find them for $100 or so, a bit more in better condition.

de la luiz, without inviting anyone to slander anyone else, i was curious about the 'well-known west coast poster seller', as i believe i might have bought a couple of his eden posters on ebay... does he live in berkeley, per chance?

Yep ! He sure does... I've discussed the issue with him personally but he wants to believe that his prints are original...I'm sure he purchased them in the 70's but he has way too many of them and they are all in perfect shape. None have the metal rods up top and the font and paper is different as well. I purchased one from him to examine it up close. I almost purchased one of each and I'm glad I didn't.

Fakes can be purchased as cheap as $14 each(That said the Berkeley dealer's prints run about $100 ea.), I've seen originals fetch as high as $350

Here is another odd print combining an actual photo and a Hindu deity

jim dankness

that's the guy, alas. oh well, they're nice prints even if overpriced. the quality of the printing & paper is certainly of some vintage, and they do look nice... but yes, maybe a little too nice.

and here's a little more info on the eden shop. this guy has a few slightly tattered examples for sale, it seems:

http://edenhash.com/

Latest posts

Latest posts