What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
colorized_320_202_1234ocbzl2_[kolorize.cc]~2.jpg

Viktor Pettersson Frigges 339, born 1907, at Frigges 345 on hemp cultivation at "Lycko" near Frigges.

FellaAndrene

More Finnish hemp...

From the collection of Nils Westermarck, Professor of Agricultural Economics in the University of Helsinki and two-time Minister of Agriculture and Forestry, date unknown (possibly taken in the 1950's):

1725928570503.png

Farmer from the village of Mäyrä (1934):

1725929098635.png

Hemp being cut in Nokia (1943):

1725929359735.png

1725930276553.png

A Ladoga Karelian woman plucking hemp (in the 1930's):

1725929738845.png

Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hemp grown for fiber in Kentucky has been shown to contain a substantial degree of... potency. H. C. Wood, in 1869, prepared an alcoholic extract of hemp grown near Lexington and proceeded to test the product himself. A large [oral] dose (20 to 30 grains) produced marked effects and, on subsequent occasions, milder but definite effects were obtained with doses as low as 1/4 grain. This latter dose is lower than the usual dose of the Indian extract and was probably the result of a more than usually selective extraction. Houghton and Hamilton in 1908 concluded from animal experiments that the Kentucky hemp was fully as active as the best imported Indian product. In any event, it is clear that the potentiality of hashish abuse has always existed with this type of hemp production.

CharlesU Farley

Hemp grown for fiber in Kentucky has been shown to contain a substantial degree of... potency. H. C. Wood, in 1869, prepared an alcoholic extract of hemp grown near Lexington and proceeded to test the product himself.
I was born and raised in Louisville Kentucky and in the late '60s - early 70s My friends and I used to go to Shelbyville, which was about 30 mi outside of Louisville and pick wild hemp in abandoned cemeteries.

We did, in fact, get high but it wasn't anything like Meshmacon (Michaocan). :ROFLMAO:

In the 30s-40s, Shelby county Kentucky was the number one hemp producing area in the entire US.

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
Some stuff from the seventies....
including ...L. Cherniaks ;Book of Cannabis , Book of Hashish,
early High Times and various other publications...
Please add stuff if you have it. I enjoy looking at the old stuff and have been a collector of this stuff since I bought my first high times in 78.

This is the first published picture of the True Haze from the Haze brothers 1977

http:
[url='http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictureid=158931']
I own this book

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
Hemp grown for fiber in Kentucky has been shown to contain a substantial degree of... potency. H. C. Wood, in 1869, prepared an alcoholic extract of hemp grown near Lexington and proceeded to test the product himself. A large [oral] dose (20 to 30 grains) produced marked effects and, on subsequent occasions, milder but definite effects were obtained with doses as low as 1/4 grain. This latter dose is lower than the usual dose of the Indian extract and was probably the result of a more than usually selective extraction. Houghton and Hamilton in 1908 concluded from animal experiments that the Kentucky hemp was fully as active as the best imported Indian product. In any event, it is clear that the potentiality of hashish abuse has always existed with this type of hemp production.
Yeah and they smoke hemp in Texas cuz Chron is too much 😂🙏👺

Latest posts

Latest posts