What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

I wanna do 4 plants that would be much more ideal but im only allowed to have 3mature/4immature plants under mmj law, but I've heard locally they just go with a straight 7 plant count. Either way im still really limited to keeping mothers. hmm desicions...maybe ill make a 2pot/screen and 4 pot/screen setup.

btw that blueberry you grew looks absolutely mouthwatering:yummy: i've never seen bud structure quite like that before.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in that case maybe better to stick to 3

got a Bb in the cab atm that im trying to finish without so much foxtailing, just to see if i can. but yeah it was a looker and the smoke is superb :)

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pretty frosty here this xmas on the JTR - you all have a good one
picture.php

:D
picture.php

Love

V.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
haha you too VG...that lil snowman fits in perfect in that frosty pine forest ;) take care

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jarred up the Black Forrest harvest. it was bone dry and weighed over 130 grams - which would be over 2g/watt but that doesnt really tell the full story when it was a 15 week flower ;). not going to smoke any until its been cured for a week or so.

---

here are the Deep chunk seedlings about a week old got a mutant but im keeping it for the moment as it may settle down. lost one seedling that didnt straighten up.
picture.php

mutant
picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres the Blueberry thats been in the cab for about 4 weeks - kept the N right down and halved the P in order to see if the bud structure changes. i imagine the factor that will have the biggest effect if the lower temps though. lets see if it still foxtails. as you can see the colour is fairly light green and i'm trying to avoid the temptation to feed it yet. i left a couple of buds at the edge to get taller and tried to keep the shape more 'stadium' in order that the buds dont catch too much heat from the light
picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
saw some signs of mites in the mum cab today - need to get up there with the neem oil but my lad is on school holiday so my time up there is incredibly limited for the next week or so.

the BF hybrids have grown like weeds and are probably going to be too tall for the cab without some kind of training, and it looks like i may get 6 out of 8 females. typical isnt it - free seeds and no space = loads of females. expensive seeds and lots of space = females like rocking horse sh1t. sods law.

V.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Just caught up on the progress VG. Keep up the good work!

Mites? Ugh, that really sucks. But hit them fast and hard. We had a pretty good sized mite problem ourselves on our last grow, and we managed to keep it under control to a large degree with just a simple neem drench every watering until the last few weeks before harvest. That and manually killing any I could get my fingers on. I hate mites!

Hella THC

THings are looking awesome VG. Yeah, mites suck, but I'm sure you'll get em all wrangled in! Keep it up! That black Forest is going to be nice :D

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
That looks like a forest of blueberry you got there, in 1 square foot!

Mad work....I approve.

So what's finishing next? The Sharksbreath or the JTR?

Lookin good man.. Love the mod scrog idea.. Making me seriously, seriously consider running my cab like this..

Keep it up man

peacee :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K.J - nice to see you around :)

Hella! - yes i think i caught the mites reasonaby early, they seem only to be in the mum cab atm so ill blitz them with neem again in a couple days.

Blimey - JTR will finish next - in a week or 2. more pics shortly :)

weezybleezy - cool - i find it very easy. im growing some 'normal' plants in one quarter of the cab (my own Black Forrest crosses) and i'm finding that much more tricky ;) they just grow up and up and i dont have any height.

V.

Chronic777

heres the Blueberry thats been in the cab for about 4 weeks - kept the N right down and halved the P in order to see if the bud structure changes. i imagine the factor that will have the biggest effect if the lower temps though.

V.

Your grows are amazing!

Im interested in what you mean by lower temps, naturally the temp drops a bit during dark periods, but how does this effect bud production?

When i start flowering im gonna try keep the temp around 21c

Def gonna look into scrog for next grow aswell, i love how in the first few pics you pruned undeneath to get all the juice going to the buds in the screen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all - quick update and some pics. the Deep Chunk have been repotted for the first time and should start vegging up nicely. Black Forrest in in jars and curing. i got 100+ F2 seeds too if i'm ever crazy enough to pop 'em

better pics of the bluberry at 4-5 weeks. not yellowing yet but it's quite a light green
picture.php

here you can see it has a bit of height above the screen :)
picture.php

JTR at 7 weeks ( i revised the flowering time because it was in the cab for sexing a week or so)
picture.php

nugshots - still getting frostier
picture.php

picture.php

sharksbreath is fattening up too - 5 weeks. i pollinated a little bud with some Black Forrest pollen today - should eb just enough time to make some seeds
picture.php

i selected 2 each of the Black forrest crosses and potted them up into 2.5 litre pots, 4 in a quarter. no real room for them to stretch any more so not sure what i'll do if i run out of height :D
growing 'normal' plants is a nightmare!

happy new year all - thanks for supporting my diary :)

V.

M

mrred

i love ladybugs to take care of little bugs, i think they clean out my whole house of mites this year, we had 1000s comes into my house on their own

maryjohn

Veteran
Hey verdant, I'd love it if you took a look before i choose. I am about to go with the two y shaped ones.

Hi folks, I'm ready to transplant two of my blue burmese bagseed clones to their final containers. I really like this plant. It's the first one I successfully grew indoors. Very easy, and yielded well despite being my first. This time should rock.

Problem is, I'm not sure which clones to pick. The mother was a reveg, and I took cuts from where I could.

The plant all the way right and the one in the middle have one main stem. The middle plant has a thinner stem but shorter nodal spacing.

The other two have two main stems and are big on lateral growth.

d6d835e9.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mrred - yes i should try and get some ladybirds come the spring.

mj - i agree - two tops is usually a good thing for scrog.

V.

daddy fingaz

Hey V hows the temps in the cab compared to when u last ran the Blueberry!? My moneys against it being environmental!
Looking forward to what u can do with the Deepchunk in there!?!
Happy new year btw!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey V hows the temps in the cab compared to when u last ran the Blueberry!? My moneys against it being environmental!
Looking forward to what u can do with the Deepchunk in there!?!
Happy new year btw!

HNY back at you mate! :D

the temps last time with the Bb were in the height of summer so probably 70-90
this time more like 60-75 so quite a lot cooler.
plus there is about 20% less N (not that different) and half the P guano AND we have a CMH bulb in there too.
it'll be interesting for sure. i reckon it will foxtail a bit less but i will be surprised if it doesnt do it at all.
the leaves are a pretty light green so i'm happy that im using the minimum N that i can...

i did notice a few marks on some of the leaves on the Bb this morning - the first i've seen mites in the flower cab - so hopefully i can keep them under control for the next 4 weeks or so. im thinking some predators may be the way to go...

i'm quite excited about the deep chunk too - having to stop myself posting daily pics of small seedlings ;)
they look to be coming along fine though.

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts