What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

UVB for THC and Terpenes

Rocket Soul

The migro uvb 310 tube is nice. I use it now the second time at a grow.
At the first time i increased too the recomended 2h over 2 weeks and let it run till harvest(min 2 weeks).

I can not say that it increased the terps but changed them to more pronounced imo. I got this strongest with the sensi star cut from vienna. Never had such strong celery aroma in that cut before, normally it won't smell like that. Took very long cure to develop a little sweetness in the smell and was almost smoked up at that time.

Can't also say that it's much stronger, maybe a little more but that could be placebo. But i did no side by side and that plant was also direct under the tube ~2ft away so maybe this got too much.

Coloration is dev enhanced by uv. More purple hues showed up. Now on the second try i will just use 15min uv in the middle of lighting phase at the last 2-4 weeks of flowering and already see my thai x panama getting more coloration.
Ive also hit this celery smell! I got it from oreoz apricot under our most aggressive uv supplement. I associated it with fast, volatile terps cause i got the same sans direct celery, but same volatile wondersmells from another cut. Not sure if i like the celery aspect but defo the volatiles.
My most reliable uv supplement has been 400/365 in 2:1 ratio. Unmistakeable improvement in smell without any weird stuff going on.

trixP

Ive also hit this celery smell! I got it from oreoz apricot under our most aggressive uv supplement. I associated it with fast, volatile terps cause i got the same sans direct celery, but same volatile wondersmells from another cut. Not sure if i like the celery aspect but defo the volatiles.
My most reliable uv supplement has been 400/365 in 2:1 ratio. Unmistakeable improvement in smell without any weird stuff going on.
Odd I have uv fr on my fixture never had this I run them full blast 2x40w bars

Rocket Soul

Odd I have uv fr on my fixture never had this I run them full blast 2x40w bars
That light is running 80w of wide reds and wide uv per m2 (365/385/400/660/680/730nm), its not just uv its a sorta exotic blurple supplement. Also running this over a fairly extreme flower spectrum.

PlastikeRubba

Celery terps.. This is where we are in 2024.

I like the Marijuana terps personally. Just the strain no "terroir" please.

What the f-ck is a celery terp. And don't tell me it's the same as carrots or some shit I know what carrots smell like.

Rocket Soul

Celery terps.. This is where we are in 2024.

I like the Marijuana terps personally. Just the strain no "terroir" please.

What the f-ck is a celery terp. And don't tell me it's the same as carrots or some shit I know what carrots smell like.
Not sure what to say here, weed that smells like celery; the vegetable.

Latest posts

Latest posts