What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

UV Air Purifier to fight powdery mildew.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.excelair.ca/products/uv-air-purifier/

Hello again,

PM is an absolute nightmare in the PNW during the winter months. In the past I would just use Meltatox, Nova or Eagle 20 type of products to fight PM. However, I am trying to not go down that road right now.

I have no idea if this product works, but was told to read up on it.

Would putting that in the air handlers help control PM spores or it it just a 400 dollar flashlight?

vertigo0007

i have friends with the large uvonaires and they dont do shit.

as a side note, quadris was suggested to me by one of my greenhouse friends.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not familiar with that unit but there are a few on the market that do most of what they claim. I'm going to a customer appreciation dinner next week and there will be air quality venders there so I will do some probing and get some info on the latest and greatest uv lights. I know there is 1 with a ceramic housing that a lot of folks are claiming is the best. I have not used them yet so cant say for sure.

hereigrow

Isn't that the same as an ozone generator? If that's the case my experience is they smell weird while running and like chronic when off

Carraxe

Veteran
http://www.excelair.ca/products/uv-air-purifier/

Hello again,

PM is an absolute nightmare in the PNW during the winter months. In the past I would just use Meltatox, Nova or Eagle 20 type of products to fight PM. However, I am trying to not go down that road right now.

I have no idea if this product works, but was told to read up on it.

Would putting that in the air handlers help control PM spores or it it just a 400 dollar flashlight?

I've used a 40 mg/h ozone generator and my plants were mould free with no exception. I used to have high humidity and botrytis on any grow until I installed it.

Be careful since UV used to generate O3 are dangerous and cause blindness and cancer. O3 isn't very healthy either, keep an eye on concentration. But O3 definitely works on fungus.

Good luck

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just seen it is a UV-C generator, it doesn't create any ozone. I don't think it will work unless you radiate directly the plants, instead of radiating just the air flux

amanda88

My favourite is Neem Oil ...its then that you do get very effective at fighting Pm, does bugs too and is organic ...jus saying