What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Updating Skittles

autokandy

These Skittlez girls are about 8 weeks old

Cocoa and perlite

Have only just overcome a PH issue that has haunted me for over a week now , so things plodding along nicely

Feeding Cal Mag,Dual Fuel and massive

Yesterday Pic

Attachments

• IMG20240831114519.jpg
    IMG20240831114519.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG20240831114530.jpg
    IMG20240831114530.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 26

autokandy

Major lockout issues here in last cupla weeks , recovered for a short time but I can't stop the rust spotting
I've given 1 ml calmag up to 3 ml per litre over a cupla feeds

They are pretty cooked

I've accepted this as a learning grow again , just can't get on top of it

Attachments

• IMG20240918084455.jpg
    IMG20240918084455.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240918084522.jpg
    IMG20240918084522.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Friend, it's easy to break the nutrient sequence if you don't monitor the EC and pH. What you want to do next time, is start and maintain a steady EC so the plants can acclimate and take what's needed when it's needed. If one has swings in EC or pH the plants will become confused or lost, so to speak when it comes to nutrient absorption. Steady is the Key to success in soil-less mixes. If you don't have an EC or TDS meter you will not be able to monitor the EC or ppm and run into problems. Get yourself EC and pH meters and learn how to use them. Most especially in soil-liss grows.

autokandy

Friend, it's easy to break the nutrient sequence if you don't monitor the EC and pH. What you want to do next time, is start and maintain a steady EC so the plants can acclimate and take what's needed when it's needed. If one has swings in EC or pH the plants will become confused or lost, so to speak when it comes to nutrient absorption. Steady is the Key to success in soil-less mixes. If you don't have an EC or TDS meter you will not be able to monitor the EC or ppm and run into problems. Get yourself EC and pH meters and learn how to use them. Most especially in soil-liss grows.
Yea I'm hearing what your saying , I have pH and EC and tds pens
Your right I need to learn how to use em

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Yea I'm hearing what your saying , I have pH and EC and tds pens
Your right I need to learn how to use em
The best way to learn is to test everything until you know what you got. Before using the water test it. After putting anything in the water and before using it test it. To learn how hot or weak the EC is in a root zone test it. When you want precision readings use distilled water from a store. One doesn't have to test every pot only the one having a problem to learn about the rest. .

Here is the way I do a precision "pour-thru test"! Anytime one has problems or just wants to know what's in the mix, it's time to do a pour-thur test. On watering day give your plant all the water it can hold without discharge. Don't flush the soil out of the bottom with excess water on watering day or before the test. Make sure the pot is thoroughly watered well and then let the plant set for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours pour 500 ml of distilled water evenly into the pot. You should get back 500 ml of water out of the bottom of the discharge tray. The discharge is called leachate and learning how to test the leachate makes a big difference. .

PadawanWarrior

Major lockout issues here in last cupla weeks , recovered for a short time but I can't stop the rust spotting
I've given 1 ml calmag up to 3 ml per litre over a cupla feeds

They are pretty cooked

I've accepted this as a learning grow again , just can't get on top of it
You said it. You cooked them. Next time chill out a bit on the nutrients.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What is leachate? Leachate, aka runoff, is the nutrient solution that passes through your plant either to a drain or to be recirculated. Understanding the properties of your leachate and what it means to plant health is crucial.

Leachate has multiple definitions in horticulture, including nutrient solution in hydroponics and a liquid that can be hazardous to the environment.

Hydroponics
In hydroponics, leachate is a nutrient solution that can pass through a plant and either be recirculated or drained. It's important to understand the properties of leachate and how it affects plant health.

What is the simple definition of leachate?
Leachate is the solution (or suspension) that forms when liquid travels through a solid and removes some components of that solid with it. Those components may be dissolved or suspended within the liquid and tested. Google

Here's a super bit of information on testing if you're interested.
https://ag.umass.edu/greenhouse-floriculture/fact-sheets/soil-testing

Latest posts

Latest posts