What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Underrated old-school strains

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
All this new <funky_name>-kush shit is great but what are in your opinion underrated old-school strains that still kick ass nowadays?
Pics welcome ;)

Peace

=K

Last edited:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Most of the new name clone onlys came from old school strains.. a special pheno here, an accidental pollination there.

The only problem is that most old school strains aren't the same as what they were (parent wise) back when.

So I guess I don't know?

ddrew

Veteran
I didn't know the names of the stuff I smoked in high school, early 80's weed, but there were a couple strains I would pay just about any price to have today.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
a good PURE Northern Lights or a PURE Skunk if you can find one as ixnay007 said most if not all strains have been adulterated...As per my thread..Strains in Jeopardy

peace
Chefboy

whodair

Veteran
creeper strains !!

creeper strains !!

picture.php

ddrew

Veteran
road kill skunk would compete with todays best no doubt about it.
yeah, no doubt, I was going to say that, but he said "underrated strains" and everyone I know considers that old school RKS to be just short of the holy grail.

I'd pay $1000 for ten of those basketball size seeds from back then.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
ixnay chefboy good points, the dilution of genetics is a big concern.

RKS is not underrated for sure ;)

Thx all for the inputs, keep em coming

Peace

=K

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know many other breeders like me who've saved strains for decades. Most people are into crossing rather than preserving. If it's a truly open pollinated, highly inbred, old school strain you're looking for, Cherry Bomb is it.

picture.php

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any good version in seed form?

=K

Unfortunately no. My plant throws nanners, but since I don't sell herb a few nanners don't matter. I was going to release it to the public, but with all the negative things that get said and all the flaming about plants that throw nanners here on Icmag I thought against it as I want to keep my reputation as a breeder secure. I may do a nice cross in mid 2011 and give those to seedbay as "FREEBIES".

zenoonez

Veteran
(In Short): It is, but there are ways to manipulate a female clone to produce male flowers, then you use that male pollen to another clone of the same strain, thus you have beans.

:ying:

Oh yea CS, I know I just got the impression that it was a seed line like NL not a cut only like RKS. I am sure there are quite a few people around that are looking for that trainwreck cut as well as the original daywrecker. Both are pretty sought after. Thanks for clearing it up :thank you:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Don't know many other breeders like me who've saved strains for decades. Most people are into crossing rather than preserving. If it's a truly open pollinated, highly inbred, old school strain you're looking for, Cherry Bomb is it.

picture.php

NICE!

=K

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Afghani out of Kandahar from 1971 x Thai stick from late 70's....known to some as "The One"
Nothing around like it anymore.....keeps up with all the big names as far as potency,not super big yields...BUT big yields nonetheless. Quite a story that can't be told here for some reason.
picture.php

picture.php

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Skunk #1 and pure good old NL for sure :canabis:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Afghani out of Kandahar from 1971 x Thai stick from late 70's....known to some as "The One"
Nothing around like it anymore.....keeps up with all the big names as far as potency,not super big yields...BUT big yields nonetheless. Quite a story that can't be told here for some reason.
picture.php

picture.php

WOW Capt.Cheeze...i am drooling and foaming at the mouth lol
simply beautiful :skiiing:

peace
Chefboy

Latest posts

Latest posts