What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

cellardwellar420

my wife tends to start a conversation while facing me (which i can hear) but as she gets to an important spot... "now, don't forget! you have to blahblahblahblah..." as she turns her back and starts walking off.... i can't hear a damn thing as she turns away, HA or no HA. then she gets mad if i don't DO "blahblahblah" :rolleyes::dunno::snap out of it:
I would get so annoyed😅

cellardwellar420

When I first began a hopeful battling with cancer with all sorts of somewhat researched (lab, mostly) cancer remedies, some more conventional and better researched than others, to include bitter melon, chaga, sulforaphane/broccoli sprouts, THC and THC-A extracts, Lycopene, and many others, I bought some turkey tail mushrooms (dried) on Etsy, for a fairly noteworthy price, considering the volume that was there. Still have those and a disgusting amount of chaga.

The turkey tail 'shrooms were bought from a woman who'd not only harvested them 'in the wild' near her home near the SE Coast/Appalachia area, but, anecdotally, she claimed to have benefitted from them when she was being treated for breast cancer. How she arrived at this conclusion, I'm not sure. Maybe accurate, and maybe not. But she was well-intended and kind.

Sometimes I liken anecdotal information to being little more than hopeful quantum-leap assumptions, and in parody I sometimes tell people, "Since erecting my 7-ft.-tall moose fence around my veggie garden, there've been zero mastodons in my veggies. No. Really."

Anyway, this fall I've noticed a massive growth of... (drum roll).... TURKEY TAIL MUSHROOMS, on the very large balsam poplar/river aspen stumps we harvested and moved to our smaller campfire area in the back, out near the raspberry arbor.

I'm not looking at the capitalist angle on this find and not thinking of marketing them on any sites. but I did look up any listed side effects, etc., having to do with ingesting them fresh. Like anything/most things, I figure fresh is apt to be more potent.

While WebMD did, in fact, note or mention the alleged but thus far inconclusive benefits, to include slowing cancer growth and facilitating better outcomes with radiation (should've maybe eaten them in April before the SBRT), it also mentioned heavy metals, to include cadmium. So, IF I eat them raw, as I'm leaning toward doing, and start acting as a power source for any number of small appliances, I'll add that to the 'lessons learned' area of my generic files on life.

Pictures to perhaps arrive shortly.
My sister swears to Chaga, and gets it in the forrest. What do you know aboutnthat? Is it not a mushroom?

I am sorry for the cancer, it can get fucked

My english is not the best. Tou seem to have a lot of knowledge

moose eater

My sister swears to Chaga, and gets it in the forrest. What do you know aboutnthat? Is it not a mushroom?

I know some things (or sometimes think I do), though not enough for what there is to learn in the world.

Chaga, as I know it, is considered by some to be a fungus/mushroom, but also thought to be a virus by some.

Chaga was used as a cure-all by people in Eastern Asia/Russia for many, many years.

There are lab studies about its efficacy. I can't recall if it was 'tree of life', chaga, or bitter melon where there were both lab/test tube studies AND live studies re. cancers.

I've purchased and/or harvested chaga from birch trees from my local area, as well as Minnesota, Maine, and elsewhere. Some believe that the more northern or colder the climate, the better. I can't attest to that either.

Drinking too much chaga tea has been associated with kidney stones. When I was OD'ing on the stuff, my thoughts were this: I can get rid of kidney stones with either laser treatment or surgery, but the cancer's not that simple. So, I went gung-ho with the shit.

I never sweetened it, as some do, others using maple syrup or similar, and eventually, the taste came to be one of something that came close to gagging me. Maybe my body telling me to cut it out.

In moderation it is probably a good thing.

I think I was either drinking a quart or a half gallon (probably at LEAST a half-gallon/day) of stout chaga tea each day at the height of the effort.

There's lots of natural things that can help people, though as is common with many things, proactive efforts are often better than corrective efforts.

Last edited:

moose eater

Thank you for the kind words re. cancer, but despite the occasional limited shock in seeing any indicators that the Grim Reaper has moved a step closer, I often, in times of poetic calm, regard it as Mother Nature's way of saying, "Hey, check-out time was 11:00 AM and it's now past noon. Get your ass outa' here."

It's both genetic and environmental in source, and whether due to better detection, or the obvious increases in toxifying our environments, it's seemingly on the increase.

None of us were going to get out of here alive, anyway, and some of us have received the golden telegram offering us the opportunity to set our accounts straight in advance. Not everyone gets that gift.

Mother Nature has all sorts of ways of dealing with species that become over-populated or problematic. With fish there are a variety of parasites that come about when too many are in a lake or other body of water. With humans it often involves new diseases and other maladies.

It's a lottery and some of us simply draw that ticket. But there's an upside to nearly everything. Just gotta' find that and cling to it.

Last edited:

moose eater

A beloved former member of the Hippie School in the Yukon Territory, circa 1970s, now dead from her cancer, had a visitor at her home, also from the Hippie School days in the Yukon Territory, and made it clear that at the soon-coming reunion back then (maybe 10-15 years ago??), she didn't want others to know she had later-stage (definitely looking the Grim Reaper in the eyes up close) cancer, didn't want to be seen as someone other than who she'd been in their eyes. Wanted the relationships she'd always had, not to be 'that poor woman.'

She reportedly descended the stairs in her home to meet the former school member guest, and she was laughing, and is reported to have said, "XXXXXX (addressing the guest by name), I am SO fucked...."

That incongruent affect, when lacking power to change or control anything but the moment, a person accepts the circumstances and can find a reason to laugh in -that- moment. Displacing the futility of it all.

There are pictures of her dancing at that reunion, wearing her old jean jacket from the old days, smiling and leading some interaction or another.

Jojo (on the off-grid homestead farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the 70s) had that similar incongruent affect when (seldom) discussing the horrors of some of his more graphic experiences in SE Asia after the draft board had finally caught up with him, courtesy of his ex-wife. A grin or laugh that defied the reality of what he was talking about because otherwise he might not be able to discuss those things at all.

Traumas, PTSD, are often highlighted or cultivated most especially in circumstances wherein there's a major challenge to existence, the self, the ego, or life, and there's nothing within the power of the one experiencing this moment to be done to correct, evade, avoid, or cure it. Complete or nearly complete powerlessness. Learning to laugh in or at that moment of acceptance, even if it's later on, or even much later on.

No matter the source of the trauma. The more powerless or out of control it feels, the more likely the immediate anxiety and panic, the very basis of PTSD, that heightened sense of utter powerlessness. Which can be minimally mastered in that moment of acceptance of powerlessness, by sometimes finding us with an incongruent grin or a smile or a laugh, because that's all there is to be done. Acceptance of the Cosmic joke.

You can find templates or behavioral study graphs of PTSD combat vets and people who were brutalized by their family at an early age, and the templates literally match point for point on the assessment templates. Powerlessness, and a sense of 'unreality' or surrealism in what sometimes involves betrayal and/or carnage.

Utter powerlessness can later be a training mechanism whereby we can, once the panic subsides, get to know ourselves a bit better, hopefully in helpful ways. What we are and what we're not, and have it still be OK. Acceptance of where we really are, but not necessarily dropping the ball on where we might be or need to be..

Last edited:

moose eater

1727563677799.png