What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

1719776455805.png

moose eater

I just bought a 'new' vacuum storage tank/cannister for my van on eBay. Seems to be the last new one in the entire Country, as far as I can tell.

Let's hope I don't receive a Hoover or a Kirby instead.

Now I simply need to figure out why the vacuum pressure was so stout that it imploded the hard-plastic vacuum tank (OEM) that I had in there.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I am shopping for a new sliding patio door. Ours was old when we moved in in the late 90s. The old one was the usual aluminum. The new ones are all reinforced PVC with some wood in the frame to make it sturdier. It is looking like it will be over $3K installed. If I wasn't a bodily quasi basket case, I would do it myself with an $1.8K Home Despot door. But no, I must deal with the nest of thieves and charlatans that call themselves window and door installers. I had Home Despot send a guy and his quote is the highest so far. He works for a contract outfit that does all windows & doors for HD in our greater area. They must use the HD approved supplier - which is different from the product on the floor. The salesman - who was a nice guy but a lying bastard of course - told me that the ones in the store are crap etc etc etc. It seems that you want a fresh door - just like a head of lettuce. Those old doors on the floor are all loose and warped . . . :rolleyes:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
cigars.jpg

The cigar store in Holguin. You may note that the girl is inspecting a storied Trinidad Fundadores cigar. I bought a selection of different cigars for the week and we stopped in on our way to the airport for a final buy of my favourites to take home. Bolivar Belicosos Finos and the Montecristo #2 were the top of my list. And yes, I do kick myself for being a dumbass and not buying one of those cool Che T-shirts . . . :rolleyes:

Btw . . . all Cuban cigars stores are owned by the army.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
was surrounded by a herd of over two dozen the other day. walked by us on the road so close that you could have reached out and touched them if you were of that mental capacity, lol. most of the cows had calves and we were watching them running around and i looked up to see a bull as tall as my truck...about two feet from my grill. photographs of those big mfs do not show you just how damn large they really are. :oops: