What's new

Tom Hill Haze

Farmer John

Still alive.
✓
Veteran
20240924_214250.jpg
This pic is magic and I have always wondered what the hell that plant is.

Old Uncle Ben

Yep, that's the classic.

Saw a video interview with him. He seems to be a smart, well grounded person steeped in botany and no bullshit. Have you seen Jorge's online book! Fuckin' WOW! I often wondered how they measure THC and such. That's just one fine chapter where he explains it so well and so thoroughly.

Nice to help too. BTW, I just made a batch of Griffin's Spin-Out paint this weekend. Used 7 oz Kocide 3000 FP (copper hydroxide) to a qt. of latex paint. Should be fun!

1727203312957.png

Sub24ox7

✅
View attachment 19072516 One leaf from my very first plant that I grew and flowered from start to finish, a Shiva Shanti bagseed. Almost 25 years ago. It's a miracle the book is still in (almost) one piece. But that's how I started before diving into internet. Reading a shitload of books and sending cash to seedbanks in Netherlands to buy my first "real" seeds and so on.

This is from my first grow in 1995 from Mexican bagseed. Was good smoke too.

IMG_5934.jpeg

Been sitting in this dictionary for a long time lol.

CharlesU Farley

The problem with Mex from the old days and how it got its bad reputation as "schwag" from snooty elitist yankees who got old cut brickweed is that it was, yes, shit weed....... not properly cured and handled by the mexicans from the growers and everyone in between (very seedy, dried in the sun and pressed into bricks with manually operated hydraulic presses) and by the time it reached NY
1000012325.jpg

This is probably the only Mexican most people have ever seen/smoked. :ROFLMAO:

Wolverine97

Veteran
View attachment 19072524

This is probably the only Mexican most people have ever seen/smoked. :ROFLMAO:
The bricks we used to get were usually pretty good quality. Compressed, and usually fairly seeded, but ugly bricks like this one, full of loose seeds and sticks were rare in my circle. Maybe once or twice a year we'd get some Jamaican tossed our way, the plug said he reserved that for his best customers. It was a rare treat, and usually hoarded by me!

The Jamaican was always in smaller bricks, super light green with thick vibrant orange hairs.

CharlesU Farley

The Jamaican was always in smaller bricks, super light green with thick vibrant orange hairs.
In Miami in the late '60s - early '70s, the Jamaican I used to get was sinse, developed by the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church and was never bricked... although I knew people who bricked it up before it went up to Bensonhurst and Bayside. ;)

Now the Columbian that came in through Haulover Cut wasn't bricked, it was fucking bailed. :ROFLMAO:

Wolverine97

Veteran
In Miami in the late '60s - early '70s, the Jamaican I used to get was sinse, developed by the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church and was never bricked... although I knew people who bricked it up before it went up to Bensonhurst and Bayside. ;)

Now the Columbian that came in through Haulover Cut wasn't bricked, it was fucking bailed. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I don't know about Colombian, before my time... I'm in Michigan, so I'm sure it was bricked for transport. It was never nearly as compressed as the usual Mexi stuff. Not loose, but not pressed completely flat either. I'm trying to remember if there were seeds... and I just can't recall.

GrandpaMillenial

These millennial fucks, with their easy, legal seed drops where they get a fucking FedEx tracking number and bitch and complain because they're not there in 48 hours, would just _never_ understand the process we went through. :ROFLMAO:

Nah, we ordered from marc emery and got the cardboard with the qtips in there and each strain written on the corrugation.

I actually was first taught to grow by a vietnam vet, he talked about 2 things. Growing pot and jumpin outta planes in the army.

Both of which, I ended up doing a lot of. Plenty of us, including yours truly, have been arrested for… as the state of Michigan calls is… Marihuana

Latest posts

Latest posts