What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
chocolate thai x posi haze, chocolate pheno

chocophenoofCHF1.JPG
chocophenoofCHF2.JPG
chocophenoofCHF3.JPG

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think he is falling into a different argument. I do not state that it cant be done or that they cant even thrive, but that it is simply not the ideal climate and that there are qualitative differences in the end product. I suspect the member is from a mediterranean like climate. My inlaws are spaniards and had a roguh time admitting that the bananas from Canarias and the Mangoes from Málaga were not as good as they said they were when I basically told them they had to try one from a true tropical place. When they flew to Puerto Rico and tasted them there, they basically flipped out. So these are two different arguments.
ok i think i understand ,
for my part , i am speaking about growing said sativas in the tropics ,
at the same latitude as an area in thailand which is well renowned for their thai stick produce back in the day,
and along with that latitude , which i have visited many times ,
its darn hot some of the year ,
i dont think the cannabis would be in then though , i more suspect it to grow from june/july , to december/january , taking in a few months of rainy weather initially , and finishing in dry times , cool nights and short days ...
I have seen cannabis grow several foot in just a few days where i live, at the right time of year ,
which is during the storm season , lots of lightning , heat , humidity , and in the right areas , which tended to be red volcanic soil , the stuff grew like bamboo almost ... the stems twisted a little due to the accelerated growth , in 4 days , we saw around a 2 foot growth difference (6 inches per day), and the leaf grew massive , like palm fronds,
it was certainly a sight to behold and one i wont forget ...

Cannabrainer

ok i think i understand ,
for my part , i am speaking about growing said sativas in the tropics ,
at the same latitude as an area in thailand which is well renowned for their thai stick produce back in the day,
and along with that latitude , which i have visited many times ,
its darn hot some of the year ,
i dont think the cannabis would be in then though , i more suspect it to grow from june/july , to december/january , taking in a few months of rainy weather initially , and finishing in dry times , cool nights and short days ...
I have seen cannabis grow several foot in just a few days where i live, at the right time of year ,
which is during the storm season , lots of lightning , heat , humidity , and in the right areas , which tended to be red volcanic soil , the stuff grew like bamboo almost ... the stems twisted a little due to the accelerated growth , in 4 days , we saw around a 2 foot growth difference (6 inches per day), and the leaf grew massive , like palm fronds,
it was certainly a sight to behold and one i wont forget ...
I wish I had a picture of a Kalichakra x Original Haze from back 2006 back in my town. Just like you describe.

ninox33

Interesting discussion @Chi13, @Donald Mallard.
From my personal experience I’ve never found limits in temp or water. Many days of +40 C has never worried my plants and inundation by over a metre of water was fine. I felt they can handle as much water as possible, it’s just needs a good soil structure to aid drainage and oxygen penetration. I had a few plants in a creek bed that went 3-4 foot under for 2-3 days in peak summer. Growth was off the charts, way more than Wally’s example. Friable alluvial soil and not a longer period of inundation, the plants were fine.
Not sure who wrote it (Clarke maybe) but I agree there’s a relationship between volume of water transpired and volume of plant material produced.
Once I achieved 10 feet in 10 weeks, in a patch of 10 plants. Just sweet timing in good volcanic soil, no watering required as rainfall was relentless and being the 90s, the genetics (from Coffs) were perfect. Hard to find those strains now.
Re Kanga’s location, totally unique, subtropical, overlap of two large climatic biomes, wet autumn’s, high heat Nov-March with ok but depleted soils. Pics look like Goonengary, Huonbrook way 🤐.
I’m pretty on par for lat., but long. puts me in better soils, higher temps and less but still high rainfall. I shake my head at people’s focus on Indica in the region. It’s good to have in your garden but sativas are meant to be here.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
you'd think they would have brought domesticated Hemp strains for farming though? right?
its surprising that its showing the feral great plains stuff as undomesticated basel cannabis.
it would be very interesting to see how it relates to basel cananbis from Central and NE Asia.

good luck with the feral seeds ,sounds like a fun project
Cannabis will revert back to feral mighty quick, when necessary, much like a canine - them genes are still buried deep & easily turned back on

Genghis Kush.

Cannabis will revert back to feral mighty quick, when necessary, much like a canine - them genes are still buried deep & easily turned back on
I know, but a wild dog and a wolf have enough genetic difference to easily tell them apart when looking at their DNA.
And the Basel feral stuff in America is showing as more closely related to feral drug type than hemp , when the story is that it is escaped Hemp.
Its interesting that they only find this Basel feral stuff in Asia and part of North Amererica .