What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yep, that is the HzC good spot, this is 2 known images of him ever posted.

1726178052991.png

led05

Chasing The Present
lol i been preaching that light mover concept! I gotta figure out how to do it with LED’s and i think we are gonna experimence a big move forward with indoor sativa gardening.
Just run lights on different timers and mimic sun moving throughout the day E yo W but to an extent, @85% of day should still be all lights on full blast; a good DE HPS in center adds the radiant energy all plants crave as a cheap solution to ride along w quality LED driven strongly, I run pure UVB midday too for 5 hours or so

IMG_0666.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0684.jpeg

IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

acespicoli

Just run lights on different timers and mimic sun moving throughout the day E yo W but to an extent, @85% of day should still be all lights on full blast; a good DE HPS in center adds the radiant energy all plants crave as a cheap solution to ride along w quality LED driven strongly, I run pure UVB midday too for 5 hours or so

View attachment 19065493

View attachment 19065490

View attachment 19065491

View attachment 19065492

View attachment 19065494

View attachment 19065495

View attachment 19065488

View attachment 19065489
1726192017486.png

Sunlight different light on timers.....? hmmm:thinking:
reminds me of the flux capacitor by god your a mad scientist :huggg:
really need to get me one of these https://aquarium-led-controller.com/
YOU CAN SET IT TO MIMIC ANY LOCATION IN THE WORLD
Plants look great :love:

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

View attachment 19065493

View attachment 19065490

View attachment 19065491

View attachment 19065492

View attachment 19065494

View attachment 19065495

View attachment 19065488

View attachment 19065489

yeah i got an HLG but it was from a kit, and unfortunately all 3 boards are connected and not spaced out really well. i think im gonna go with bars when i finally upgrade.

Those are some fantastic looking plants, i love the foxtails,

ReprobateMind

I think part of the problem is the light manufacturers use “curve rounding” to display the actual wavelengths emitted whereas the led’s are actually hitting tight little clusters of light frequencies.

They show you this

View attachment 19065126

but deeper dive will show you the specific led’s hit more like this
View attachment 19065127

keeping my HLG Rspecs at a vegatative height of almost 24 inches allowed my lumbos to do this indoors
View attachment 19065134

Did you dim your light? If so, what percentage was it set to at that distance?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I picked out 3 seeds from the TH pack. The smallest seed, the largest seed, and the best looking seed. I'll replace any male's found with new TH seeds These plants got massive for me the 1st time. I don't have the space for more. I'll start flowering no bigger than 12".
why veg them at all , you can start them at 12/12 and then push them back to 11/13 and it will still allow some growth before flowering initiates , dont even run them at 18/6 at all , being sativa as it is , they would never get such long days where they hail from , 13 hrs would be the longest ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why veg them at all , you can start them at 12/12 and then push them back to 11/13 and it will still allow some growth before flowering initiates , dont even run them at 18/6 at all , being sativa as it is , they would never get such long days where they hail from , 13 hrs would be the longest ...
I have a multi strain staggered flower room. I can't change from 12/12. Plants need to be large enough to take a cutting. I think THH is better suited for outdoor.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
My interest in Tom's Haze just diminished by 1.5%. :smoker:

I would have assumed that the 5% that Tom spoke of referred to females. If he's talking males as well how is that arrived at? Is he smoking males to assess them? Haze threads are a challenge if you actually read them and pay attention.
yea its out of 100 females mate ,, some stoners are pretty pedantic though and overthink stuff fuck knows why ,, maybe just to create waves or dramas ... .

mudballs

I know I'm going a bit off topic here but the other thing I've noticed with indoor vs outdoor sativas is that with outdoor sativas the tops mature first, whereas indoor it seems the lower branches mature first. Anyone know why?
Tops outdoors get higher UV, wind whip, dessication...idk if it's maturity speed or just rough treated bitchface version of cannabis...bottoms more protected so can mature longer under ideal conditions. My observations

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Tops outdoors get higher UV, wind whip, dessication...idk if it's maturity speed or just rough treated bitchface version of cannabis...bottoms more protected so can mature longer under ideal conditions. My observations
so do u think there is really much if any difference in uv , or sun intensity from the top of a 6 , 8 or 10 foot plant ,, to the sun that reaches the ground ??
indoor lighting , sure , the sun , nope ...