What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
We are totally off topic, but...
The first time I saw this strain I asked myself: "who the hell would call a strain like that?"
And yet I liked it a lot, a great skunk, smelly, quite strong, one of the strains I liked the most despite the name...
(Ps, I'm talking about 20 and more years ago, I don't know what it is today)

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1995....the year Tom got Posi's Haze
...or was It 1994?....not sure
Have you ever seen Arjan sporting a ponytail ? :ROFLMAO:

Minute 31 +/-...males room....could that be the

IMG_20240912_184831.jpg

?? :chin: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
The last two strains I tried from MNS were Medicine Man and Critical Mass, regulars. Poor germination %, most of the females from both produced a large number of male flowers from early on and those that didnt were just good/average. Used to get good results with their stuff and really did love Shanti's work in the past but really dont know what the fuck happened. Reminds me of the times when GHS started to sell garbage instead of quite good quality seeds.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If we are using the 5% that is suggested no one will find a good plant in a pack of seeds. Tom has said is more like 3% which has much worse odds..
10-5%=0.5..
100-5%=5

IME these numbers are probably accurate. The numbers tell us quality in haze is not easy to find. I think that's the reason Toms packs have 100 seeds.
When I asked Tom about selecting males for breeding his instructions were to first do an open pollination of hopefully at least 100 seeds then to go through their offspring looking for males that have visible trichromes. I think he intends the 100 seeds to be enough to start the search. Luckily the 60% or so that are not winners are still fun to smoke.

Morphote

Veteran
Neville's haze black packets at the time.

Nevils Haze F1s were never sold in black packs that I am aware of, Nevil sold seed to Greenhouse seeds on consignment but in 97 the year NH was breed Shanti started Mr Nice seed and seed was sold through there and the NH seed were sold in yellow paper Mr Nice branded seed packets.

After the yellow came the blue paper packs, then came the Mylar type packs.
Hey Hempy hope all is well, my friend. Never seen black MNS packs either. Common sense tells me they are knock offs aka Black Label, hence the black bag. Also, Shanti/Mr. Nice never spells Neville's Haze like that ("Nevill's"). Lastly, MNS direct came in colored straws with stickers for the strain names, so those are legit too. All of mine are in straws, and I also think the straws are measured by weight, not by seed. All of them have a lot more seeds than the "normal" packs.

M.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
Did you see the very important Haze male shown in 1995 by Alan Dronkers in the video ^^...Cannabis Castle :)
I have some memories of that but do you have a link to that video? I remember a old article in some magazine about Nevil and the castle . Something about him making oil there with kerosene or what ever and setting himself and the place on fire or something of that nature. 😅

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hey Hempy hope all is well, my friend. Never seen black MNS packs either. Common sense tells me they are knock offs aka Black Label, hence the black bag. Also, Shanti/Mr. Nice never spells Neville's Haze like that ("Nevill's"). Lastly, MNS direct came in colored straws with stickers for the strain names, so those are legit too. All of mine are in straws, and I also think the straws are measured by weight, not by seed. All of them have a lot more seeds than the "normal" packs.

M
Hiya mate long time all good here hope you're well.

Yep, the plastic straw was the direct method and how I got all my seed even the seed packs people got were min 15 seed but most were above that. Mr nice never sold 10 seed packs, they were normally 17 and up.

The Straw method reduced the risk of the seed being damaged in the mail, it worked.

Latest posts

Latest posts