What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

StickyBandit

You can achieve very good results indoors if you follow basic rules, example a good exhaust and a good intake of fresh air good air movement (fans) and keep the flowering Sativa flowers as far away from the light intercity as you can.

The veg cycle and up until they start to flower the more light the better, once they start to flower that changes.

I think a light mover would also be a great idea, never used one my self.
I agree and would put air turnover from outdoors at the top of things people neglect for smaller spaces for a good fresh supply of carbon dioxide etc

exoticrobotic

Haze is a hybrid but unlike most it's not an F1 and even F1s you as a grower still need to select through those to find a keeper, that is just how it is

maybe more an ibl/landrace than hybrid seeing its been maintained within its own population for so long.

out crosses have super vigour and behave as f1 hybrids

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
or considered even like a landrace, that's been maintained within its own population for many generations.

Still haven't seen many smoke reports from Tom's most recent seed sales.

@Hammerhead, the posi haze is well worth a run.
I have not run the seeds from Tom. I did grow several of a THH reproduction. I found lots of great highs that were on par or better than other sativa types I have grown. All of my testing was done by smoking before going to work cooking at a bar. There were some weak plants and plants with a strong high with short duration. But many of them had 3-4 hour highs. Some more confusing than others, some very clear and almost caffeine like. They ranged from putting me in a zone where I felt like a ninja during busy periods, others made me extremely forgetful where I could not remember what I should be doing for more than a few moments, some put my on auto pilot where I felt amazing but made tons of mistakes because I was over confident. Many of them enhanced my vision or listening to music. Overall they produced great smoke. I wish I could remember where I put my notes.

I didn't find a particular stand out plant that I could consider a 5%er. I imagine when I do it will be amazing!

exoticrobotic

6.first find one with little sedation

i found the purple cola tasting one to be very sedating and i had to lie down after smoking her. It actually made me fall asleep each time i smoked it but with nice cevs and a sense of nostalgia, like others have said.

Nostalgia was across the whole line but like bigtacofarmer said there are ones that have a real uppy high and give you a lot of confidence where you can over push yourself.

There are ones that can make you feel exactly like a supreme ninja but i've yet to find any real visually trippy ones, mentally trippy, yes.

It's a great smoke :biggrin:

acespicoli

screenshot-en_seedfinder_eu-2024_09_11-21_09_40.png

Harvest: December (Flowers 3 months for quality)= 12 weeks

screenshot-www_icmag_com-2024_09_10-08_32_40.png

nuff said ?
screenshot-en_seedfinder_eu-2024_09_12-08_17_35.png

12-16 weeks

need to run them not 12/12 on/off 13/11 might even try 14/10 :thinking: is that too little light ?
from clone thats what 3-4 haze harvests a year ?
Even heard people say they found a great 11 week pheno 🤷‍♂️

Nevil found two keepers ? Well 3 or 4 ...
That was the cup winner hybrid nevils haze x nl Amnesia core cut ?
I wouldn't drop haze as a breeding stock....and never look back, but each to their own
Once they do the initial work they keep clones for 20 years ... and all your P1 stock fridge
@Tom Hill what you doing on your haze a repro every 10 years?

Well you get the idea, and there is nothing wrong with running it all the time if you enjoy it :huggg:
Just a heads up for those new to waiting for a good harvest, patience hard work is rewarded

Last edited:

acespicoli

Bizarre to find nostalgia as a part of the high.

I only ever found it Kali Mist, which in your post above @acespicoli is a haze hybrid according to Sam.

I always thought it was a Cambodian.

The nostalgia/deja vue i find interesting
That is a good thread Sam answers alot of question for any one who has not read it, a good place to start
Read that thru well before you DM the man :)

I smoked kali for the first time mid 90s maybe :thinking: great weed
i think i ran clones on 10:14 or 11:13 and got them to come in at 80 days.

the hybrid i ran came in at 10 weeks of 12:12
Yeah most of the Colombian wont fininsh well on 12/12 mexican yes but the prior better on 13/11
Equator type strains flower forever on long day cycles
Might try to 14/10 it crossed my mind its a gamble .. i guess DLI and min light is always a strain specific
The more light the better stronger light shorter days

For better than 11 weeks pick a different strain, im sorry for your loss :ROFLMAO:
Right? You cant have it all...

Dime

View attachment 19064886
Harvest: December (Flowers 3 months for quality)= 12 weeks

View attachment 19064887
nuff said ?
View attachment 19065058
12-16 weeks

need to run them not 12/12 on/off 13/11 might even try 14/10 :thinking: is that too little light ?
from clone thats what 3-4 haze harvests a year ?
Even heard people say they found a great 11 week pheno 🤷‍♂️

Nevil found two keepers ? Well 3 or 4 ...
That was the cup winner hybrid nevils haze x nl Amnesia core cut ?
I wouldn't drop haze as a breeding stock....and never look back, but each to their own
Once they do the initial work they keep clones for 20 years ... and all your P1 stock fridge
@Tom Hill what you doing on your haze a repro every 10 years?

Well you get the idea, and there is nothing wrong with running it all the time if you enjoy it :huggg:
Just a heads up for those new to waiting for a good harvest, patience hard work is rewarded
Sacred seeds description adds up to 95%:geek:

exoticrobotic

Ive looked for the seedsman haze online and all the banks are sold out. Are you sure it hasn't been discontinued?

i bought them 22 or so years ago when i had a seed buying problem, a few packets of different hazes, Seedsman, Tom's Posi haze and Nirvana haze. I couldnt find any TFD's haze or Neville's haze black packets at the time.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Neville's haze black packets at the time.

Nevils Haze F1s were never sold in black packs that I am aware of, Nevil sold seed to Greenhouse seeds on consignment but in 97 the year NH was breed Shanti started Mr Nice seed and seed was sold through there and the NH seed were sold in yellow paper Mr Nice branded seed packets.

After the yellow came the blue paper packs, then came the Mylar type packs.

Latest posts

Latest posts