What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

acespicoli

I have a variety of haze seeds from @MadMac, @Donald Mallard, and @Tom Hill. I'm running outcrosses I made from all but Toms seeds. I'll get to those soon.
If the holy grail cant be found in the seeds floating around in here... your not looking ;)
Seen several people here find "the one" pheno Tom's alone
went ahead and documented a large assortment of haze^^^seeds here
encourage others to post seed examples theres alot to be gleaned there

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't care what people say about me either. I'm too old to care.

If the holy grail cant be found in the seeds floating around in here... your not looking ;)
Seen several people here find "the one" pheno Tom's alone
went ahead and documented a large assortment of haze^^^seeds here
encourage others to post seed examples theres alot to be gleaned there

All I've grown in the last 3 years are hazes. I've not found any grade A weed. Finding the one can be very different for each of us. If someone finds theirs great but I have not. IME Out crosses made from haze have been far superior to the hazes I've grown so far. I'd like to see pics of any exceptional haze just for a visual representation. I wouldn't know how good until I tried some. I've not popped Tom's seeds yet. Those will be my last attempts to find an exceptional haze.

Mimpi Manis

i think this is affected by how one feels when they toke ,
set and setting etc have a big impact on the outcome ,

as far as i know cannabis enhances how we feel,
so this changes depending on the circumstances , and many other factors,
the same pot may give u a feeling of impending doom , or happy trippy ,
depending on your body chemistry at the time of imbibing ,
thats how i ve found it anyhow ...
I've concluded, that to a large extent, that trippy weed helped me understand and manage 'anxiety' in a really helpful way. Those first really trippy experiences could be quite a profound experience it has to be said. Sometimes it got quite uncomfortable. But there's a few opportunities to garner a little insight into the way one can use the experience to work through it. In my day, distraction and a good walk around and reassurance was a go to. Chucking people in the shower seemed to work usually. These days the go to seems to be the 'black pepper' fix? Advocated by Willie Nelson no less I believe? He reckons it works? Makes one wonder what the caryophyllene component in weed is about... given it oft turns up regularly enough in those trippy sativa's and Hazes? The comfort is learning in the midst of that high flying paranoia, eventually it will dissipate and you'll likely not be marooned for all time in the alternate Universe!

PS: It could be argued that one or two contributors in these hallowed files ended up exactly there? But I would never suggest that!

I Care

just got something frm someone called colombian, mellow high. probably good for problem solving or sleeping through a movie. smells like grapes
IMG_1041.jpeg

ninox33

i think this is affected by how one feels when they toke ,
set and setting etc have a big impact on the outcome ,

as far as i know cannabis enhances how we feel,
so this changes depending on the circumstances , and many other factors,
the same pot may give u a feeling of impending doom , or happy trippy ,
depending on your body chemistry at the time of imbibing ,
thats how i ve found it anyhow ...
Totally agree Wally. Medicating best done solo, not as a peer activity. What takes me a small vape, my mates require many and continuous cones. Low tolerance and stash diversity rocks. Took me 45 years to learn.
If you use only the unicorns or the 5%, your experience is greatly diminished. Some unicorns start a mids or worse, but after long careful cures, they turn into something unique and magical.

ninox33

My family don't want edgy weed, are we looking in the wrong place? What weed is blissfully floaty and content?
I have a 100 grip from Tom and wondering what effects to expect from the other 95%
I also have quite a few strains/seeds in the fridge if someone could suggest another one plz?
Hard to be specific but a lot of hybrids would suit.
AK47 always stood out to me. I too like euphoric warm hug stones, blissful. While those edgy sativas that make one look in the bathroom mirror, are really pleasant for a long time, once you relax and pass the paranoid edge.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
You ever make black garlic? I have a few times, I’m pretty sure it isn’t fermented brother ;) -I know you’ve seen the pics before so I won’t bore everyone again :)
Not to spoil this topic to much with it, but its partly a chemical reaction (maillard reaction) and fermentation, because they found Bacterial endophytes capable of fermentation and with strong heat resistance have been identified in common garlic and black garlic.
Never made myself, but bought a bulb several times. It has an unique Umami flavor. It reminds me of Maggi.

acespicoli

I don't care what people say about me either. I'm too old to care.

All I've grown in the last 3 years are hazes. I've not found any grade A weed. Finding the one can be very different for each of us. If someone finds theirs great but I have not. IME Out crosses made from haze have been far superior to the hazes I've grown so far. I'd like to see pics of any exceptional haze just for a visual representation. I wouldn't know how good until I tried some. I've not popped Tom's seeds yet. Those will be my last attempts to find an exceptional haze.
Many will find what they are looking for in 100 plants we seed 100 and find males/females ratio:ratio
Maybe 5 keepers in 100 plants.... thats the 5% rule?

Tom has said it's closer to 3% and thats likely the female portion, where the males your not sure until they are tested for GCA general combining ability. With haze and I say take this with a grain of salt...

Haze was bred from a small gift of seed from a undisclosed donor, then for the following years alternate males were used with the best females this occurred for a few years. SamS has not ibl'd the line but tried to retain all phenos in the polyhybrid line. The article posted earlier a few pages back in the HT interview clearly states they never know how the seeds will be until they harvest 🤷‍♂️

This should explain the lack of inbreeding depression, the diversity of phenos, as well as the 3%

SamS has said he would have to grow 10,000 plants to reproduce rework the haze or skunk of today
The natural percentage of mutants 1:1000 he wants 10 plants to work thru GCA
He would do a 10x10 and examine those for the best combining ability for f1 of the genetic markers
This would be worked for several generations until the best are worked into seed that appears like clones

Remember he keeps kilos of his first P1 lines as backups

Naturally Occurring Triploidy in Cannabis​

Plants 2023, 12(23), 3927; https://doi.org/10.3390/plants12233927
screenshot-www_mdpi_com-2024_09_10-06_32_18.png

(albiet a small population tested...selfing results in more keepers)

Atlas I digress... the subject matter that is of importance is @Hammerhead ,
You are a cannaseur your best is likely 1:1,000, how many will grow 1,000 and save that cut and share it ?
Seen your keepers posted in your breeding fine work,
do you find that males are dominant to type in crosses?
Will using a male Deep Chunk turn the line of what you cross it to to Deep Chunk?
Have your male haze crosses gone into f2, f3, etc :thinking:

If we breed for chemovars right, cannabinoid profiles which male is preferred?
SamS preferred the male haze, DJ preferred working his strains to the male of the Indica side...

Name of the strainBreederFlower Days
Pure HazeBreeder Choice Organisation150
Oldtimer's HazeACE Seeds140
Original HazeMadMacs Magic Haze Seeds140
Green HazeACE Seeds126
Mekong HazeDelta 9 Labs126
Purple HazeACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x Panama F1ACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x ThaiACE Seeds126
Haze-4-DayzBoneyard Seeds Norcal121
HazeBlueHemp Switzerland120
Green Haze x ThaiACE Seeds119
Green Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Purple Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Dart 3/4 HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective110
Malawi HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective110
Original Haze x Lambsbread (Aka: Lambs Bread Haze)SnowHigh Seeds107
Green Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Oaxacanama HazeThe Landrace Team102
Purple Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Congo Haze 2023White Buffalo Seed Collective100
Golden HazeDr Greenthumb100
Hawaiian HazeCosmic Wisdom100
Original HazeAuthentic Genetics100
Angola HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective98
Haze bros original HazeReefermans Seeds98
Nepal HazeCannabiogen98
The original HazeFlying Dutchmen98
Original HazeSeedsman95
Senegal HazeAfropips Seeds95
Neville's HazeGreen House Seeds91
Jamaican 3/4 HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective90
Volcano HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective90
Kees’ Old School HazeSuper Sativa Seed Club88
Congo Creek HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective84
Hawaiian HazeAbraxas Seeds84
Humpty Doo HazeKoala Seeds84
Nepal HazeACE Seeds84
Hazey HighTropical Seeds Company81
Accidental HazeReefermans Seeds80
Cambodian x HazeReefermans Seeds80
HazeSativa Seedbank78
Bushmans x HazeThe Average S.C.77
Mekanika HazePlantformers77
Kinda random? Call me crazy 🤷‍♂️ derailed this thread again ?

Name of the strain
Haze105
X1863
Deep Chunk56
Pine Tar Kush?

Tom Hills Haze Description​

Logo Tom Hill Tom Hill Haze
Haze is a four-way hybrid of some of the finest narrow-leaf tropicals that the world has ever known (Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand), so the legend goes. A long flowering plant that gives wispy yields of the highest quality. This line is out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's. It does not breed true for its intoxicating properties, however the best examples (approx 5%) are electrifyingly cerebral. For decades, words have utterly failed to fully capture the intensity of effect that a good example of Haze can give - it is absolutely in a league of its own and must be experienced. Indoor flowering 14 to 16 weeks

Type: Mostly Sativa
Flowering: 14-16 weeks

Best >>> :huggg:

Attachments

• 1725965265746.png
    1725965265746.png
    832.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
looks exactly like Purple Haze version of Oldtimer's Haze grown here in the Mediterranean at 37ºN.
Wouldn't be surprised about that. Saw several shots of the Oldtimer's Haze you sell, only never heard or read of nag champa aroma phenotypes in this Haze.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many will find what they are looking for in 100 plants we seed 100 and find males/females ratio:ratio
Maybe 5 keepers in 100 plants.... thats the 5% rule?

Tom has said it's closer to 3% and thats likely the female portion, where the males your not sure until they are tested for GCA general combining ability. With haze and I say take this with a grain of salt...

Haze was bred from a small gift of seed from a undisclosed donor, then for the following years alternate males were used with the best females this occurred for a few years. SamS has not ibl'd the line but tried to retain all phenos in the polyhybrid line. The article posted earlier a few pages back in the HT interview clearly states they never know how the seeds will be until they harvest 🤷‍♂️

This should explain the lack of inbreeding depression, the diversity of phenos, as well as the 3%

SamS has said he would have to grow 10,000 plants to reproduce rework the haze or skunk of today
The natural percentage of mutants 1:1000 he wants 10 plants to work thru GCA
He would do a 10x10 and examine those for the best combining ability for f1 of the genetic markers
This would be worked for several generations until the best are worked into seed that appears like clones

Remember he keeps kilos of his first P1 lines as backups

Naturally Occurring Triploidy in Cannabis​

Plants 2023, 12(23), 3927; https://doi.org/10.3390/plants12233927
View attachment 19063793
(albiet a small population tested...selfing results in more keepers)

Atlas I digress... the subject matter that is of importance is @Hammerhead ,
You are a cannaseur your best is likely 1:1,000, how many will grow 1,000 and save that cut and share it ?
Seen your keepers posted in your breeding fine work,
do you find that males are dominant to type in crosses?
Will using a male Deep Chunk turn the line of what you cross it to to Deep Chunk?
Have your male haze crosses gone into f2, f3, etc :thinking:

If we breed for chemovars right, cannabinoid profiles which male is preferred?
SamS preferred the male haze, DJ preferred working his strains to the male of the Indica side...

Name of the strainBreederFlower Days
Pure HazeBreeder Choice Organisation150
Oldtimer's HazeACE Seeds140
Original HazeMadMacs Magic Haze Seeds140
Green HazeACE Seeds126
Mekong HazeDelta 9 Labs126
Purple HazeACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x Panama F1ACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x ThaiACE Seeds126
Haze-4-DayzBoneyard Seeds Norcal121
HazeBlueHemp Switzerland120
Green Haze x ThaiACE Seeds119
Green Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Purple Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Dart 3/4 HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective110
Malawi HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective110
Original Haze x Lambsbread (Aka: Lambs Bread Haze)SnowHigh Seeds107
Green Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Oaxacanama HazeThe Landrace Team102
Purple Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Congo Haze 2023White Buffalo Seed Collective100
Golden HazeDr Greenthumb100
Hawaiian HazeCosmic Wisdom100
Original HazeAuthentic Genetics100
Angola HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective98
Haze bros original HazeReefermans Seeds98
Nepal HazeCannabiogen98
The original HazeFlying Dutchmen98
Original HazeSeedsman95
Senegal HazeAfropips Seeds95
Neville's HazeGreen House Seeds91
Jamaican 3/4 HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective90
Volcano HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective90
Kees’ Old School HazeSuper Sativa Seed Club88
Congo Creek HazeWhite Buffalo Seed Collective84
Hawaiian HazeAbraxas Seeds84
Humpty Doo HazeKoala Seeds84
Nepal HazeACE Seeds84
Hazey HighTropical Seeds Company81
Accidental HazeReefermans Seeds80
Cambodian x HazeReefermans Seeds80
HazeSativa Seedbank78
Bushmans x HazeThe Average S.C.77
Mekanika HazePlantformers77
Kinda random? Call me crazy 🤷‍♂️ derailed this thread again ?

Name of the strain
Haze105
X1863
Deep Chunk56
Pine Tar Kush?

Tom Hills Haze Description​

Logo Tom Hill Tom Hill Haze
Haze is a four-way hybrid of some of the finest narrow-leaf tropicals that the world has ever known (Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand), so the legend goes. A long flowering plant that gives wispy yields of the highest quality. This line is out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's. It does not breed true for its intoxicating properties, however the best examples (approx 5%) are electrifyingly cerebral. For decades, words have utterly failed to fully capture the intensity of effect that a good example of Haze can give - it is absolutely in a league of its own and must be experienced. Indoor flowering 14 to 16 weeks

Type: Mostly Sativa
Flowering: 14-16 weeks

Best >>> :huggg:
Sams is up there in age. If he hasn't started any project I find it unlikely he ever will. He doesn't post anymore to give us any idea what he's doing.. He should pass them on to someone who will work them into something. It would be a shame if all were lost when he passes. The exceptional haze plants are very rare. 1:1k is prob correct. Sam has said its best used for breeding. Ive found that to be true. I've found plenty of average quality haze. None have been the creme of the crop. If I don't find something in Toms seeds I'll be done with haze and focus only on outcrossing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts