What's new

This and that

Timj

I dropped my last seed to make my 6 legal plants. I chose Barney's Farm "Lemon Tree". I also hung my QB135 rspec light in my greenhouse and have it running 4 hours after dark. I'm trying to maximize the auto-flowers potential in their first few weeks of life. Then it will be sunlight only. I'm not sure how they will grow this early in the season as the temps still drop into the high 40's to low 50's at night and I'm not using a seedling mat to warm the soil.

farmerfischer

I dropped my last seed to make my 6 legal plants. I chose Barney's Farm "Lemon Tree". I also hung my QB135 rspec light in my greenhouse and have it running 4 hours after dark. I'm trying to maximize the auto-flowers potential in their first few weeks of life. Then it will be sunlight only. I'm not sure how they will grow this early in the season as the temps still drop into the high 40's to low 50's at night and I'm not using a seedling mat to warm the soil.
I've got three auto's outside with temps averaging mid 40's at night.. I didn't even think about the possibility of them slowing down or even getting stunted... this is my first time growing autoflowers.. hopefully they'll do alright..🤞

Timj

I've got three auto's outside with temps averaging mid 40's at night.. I didn't even think about the possibility of them slowing down or even getting stunted... this is my first time growing autoflowers.. hopefully they'll do alright..🤞
From my experience, I see slowed growth when the soil temperature drops below 50 degrees F. I believe this is why folks see such an increase in growth during the end of May through the beginning of June outdoors in the northern hemisphere. I believe it's simply because the soil temperature is finally in the plants comfort zone. Thus making the roots happy and growth below ground takes off. That translates directly to an increase in foliage growth. But, that's just my theory.

oldmaninbc

From my experience, I see slowed growth when the soil temperature drops below 50 degrees F. I believe this is why folks see such an increase in growth during the end of May through the beginning of June outdoors in the northern hemisphere. I believe it's simply because the soil temperature is finally in the plants comfort zone. Thus making the roots happy and growth below ground takes off. That translates directly to an increase in foliage growth. But, that's just my theory.
Exactly, low temps in the soil and nutrients get locked in. I have planted plants early and others later under warmer temps and the later planting catching up to the earlier planting.

Timj

Looking off my deck towards my greenhouse.
20240506_212120.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts