What's new

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

soil margin

Veteran
Dude I am absolutely loving those LED's, sweet setup. I've got to get my hands on some of that bb3 as well, looks like such a nice plant to have.

Miraculous Meds

whats up bud, leds are looking cool. Can you build one of those into a full cylinder so you can use it in a 360 degree pattern vert? I been dreaming about trying something like that for years. thought about building my own but I never got into the tech. Went cmh instead.

Did you keep any cuts of the BK? Was wondering how you liked it vs other og's you have smoked or grown?

For Og seed im running some vader's ogk, v3 I think. And im running a few of an og cross from DF.

Also have you ran any other genetics from DH? I haven't ran the BB3 but I smoked it and enjoyed it. I picked up a pack of Chem Berry D to give it a shot. Got a few going under cmh right now and they are looking good. Ill have to get a updated shot, but heres on around day 25 or 30.
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Dude I am absolutely loving those LED's, sweet setup. I've got to get my hands on some of that bb3 as well, looks like such a nice plant to have.

thank you bro - this is my first round with her - no idea what to expect. never even smoked her , but she had gotten so big as a mom i had to flower her. shes a slow cloner - ive got prolly 10-15 cuts , and need to get one or two in some pots for a mom set.

whats up bud, leds are looking cool. Can you build one of those into a full cylinder so you can use it in a 360 degree pattern vert? I been dreaming about trying something like that for years. thought about building my own but I never got into the tech. Went cmh instead.

yes you can and i was tempted to do so. what you can do is take that idea of mine the full 360* and ive also calculated i could take 28 of the thin strips and wrap them around a 6 or 8" 4' stovepipe which would be anywhere from 42000lm up to 120,000lm depending on the strips you buy

Did you keep any cuts of the BK? Was wondering how you liked it vs other og's you have smoked or grown?
i did keep the bk , both phenos , to decide whos gonna stick around. this is the second og ive done along with bugmans scots og/gg4 cross gonna keep the bk around for another round or two see what she does in coco and if she likes the new leds and dtw setup, so far shes stretching real nice and the nodes are way tighter under the leds

For Og seed im running some vader's ogk, v3 I think. And im running a few of an og cross from DF.

Also have you ran any other genetics from DH? I haven't ran the BB3 but I smoked it and enjoyed it. I picked up a pack of Chem Berry D to give it a shot. Got a few going under cmh right now and they are looking good. Ill have to get a updated shot, but heres on around day 25 or 30.
View Image

thats a sweet looking jurnjt there - my cut of bb3 was passed along from a good friend here and came from them boys doing the current bb3/apollobruce journals

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I’m smashed atm and can’t really read too much going on, but don’t sleep on that c99x dpFlo phamalam... I’ve got you on a cut when I get back to the homestead and can get a cut out.

looking forward to seeing more budpron of it
is there any signs of herms or stress from her?
im glad you are diggin it , happy accidents ya know?

sometimes you just get lucky....

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
since ive switched to coco and leds, im running room 4* hotter so im around 84ish and the ac isnt tryna killitself
im seeing nodes on my viney biker kush coming in really tight- everythings is coming in tighter node wise, room is beginning to hum , im guessing this round will be the loudest ive ever grown. im gonna maybe need to get a backup carbon filter
coco makes keeping RH over 50 easier
im thinking maybe just eliminating organics indoors altogether
i will decide after the next round, when all the sites will be under leds and the same size pots and auto drippers -
this v+b ro is nice but crunchy, ill need a filter to run it without clogging unless i do a <20gal res
im thinking the biker kush might stick around another couple rounds too

DiverDave

I've finally made it to the end of this thread .. I'm on board , watching your
every move .. I like LED's and have been a soil man for years .. altho this forum
has convinced me to go hydro .. which I will do after this run.

I like the idea of the wall for vertical.
I tried scrog and its a pain , might just be timing issue (when to begin) and such.

Anyways I got my chair and am here for the haul .. let her rip:dance013:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I've finally made it to the end of this thread .. I'm on board , watching your
every move .. I like LED's and have been a soil man for years .. altho this forum
has convinced me to go hydro .. which I will do after this run.

I like the idea of the wall for vertical.
I tried scrog and its a pain , might just be timing issue (when to begin) and such.

Anyways I got my chair and am here for the haul .. let her rip:dance013:

welcome aboard dave
you will dog hydro as much as soil im sure

DiverDave

Thats what [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mushroombrew said ... he has some great info on hydro grows I've been following.
[/FONT]

Rodehazrd

Hey I'm watching love the setup is that a moving light rail. I want to do that next to increase my coverage in my little setup.

DiverDave

Hey I'm watching love the setup is that a moving light rail. I want to do that next to increase my coverage in my little setup.

I just added a light rail to my tent , I had to mod it to hold my LED the way I wanted to use it.
Seems they like to have the hood in the direction of travel for the motor.
I have my light diagonal to the rail which means the motor power cord would be in the way to hang it.

And if you want to use the trolley wheels you have to get creative with the stoppers.

I sure wish there were more info out there on how to mod or do this .. live and learn.

I got it done in 3 hours , I'm sore and in need of some dab.

Sorry for high jacking the thread.:tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
it was a light rail, but it failed after a round, so i just use it for a hanger atm
was thnking i would get another but, i engineered the lights to be full coverage all the time

dont use the el cheapo rails, they will let you down, use those ones without chain/sprockets

Rodehazrd

Thanks guys the one I'm looking at is just a motor on a rail, no pulley or gears outside the motor module. The only negative remark I found was that the motor got hot, who ever had a working motor without heat? Especially above a 1k bulb. Its only $135 so I hope it lasts a few years.:tiphat:

soil margin

Veteran
So those LED's you built and posted pictures of, was that a custom on-the-fly job by yourself or did you have some instructions? I'd love to have something similar to that but I'm not sure I trust myself to wire that much stuff without electrocuting myself.