What's new

The World Music thread

Eltitoguay

Another 'Klangwelten' exampel:

Klangwelten07 Oppermann/Enkh Jargal: AnDro-Mongol Dro

...How good the harp sounds, in the hands of that artist... In parts of Hispanic South America, the harp is an indispensable instrument of some folkloric styles, such as the Jaropo and the Son LLanero of Colombia and Venezuela...

Eltitoguay

That German schlager ode to Mexico may have a Spanish rumba rhythmic base, which would have its roots in Cuba, but the vibe is more Polish-American polka, which they say is really from Czechia. If that's not world music, I don't know what is. :D

heh, heh, heh.. Believe me, the basis "of the electronic keyboard (however degenerate it is, heh) is Spanish rumba (Catalan, the simplest rhythm): "rumba chunda-chunda", heh...; listen to it well, and you will see that the polka in your example is different , and rhythmically simpler...

Changing the subject, it's night here, and the breeze brings aromas of Africa...(a jewel):

goingrey

heh, heh, heh.. Believe me, the basis "of the electronic keyboard (however degenerate it is, heh) is Spanish rumba (Catalan, the simplest rhythm): "rumba chunda-chunda", heh...; listen to it well, and you will see that the polka in your example is different , and rhythmically simpler...

Changing the subject, it's night here, and the breeze brings aromas of Africa...(a jewel):

Oh I don't disagree with you. Just saying that there is a strong connection between German schlager music and polka. The video was not counterproof to your statement.,, Just another funny video, Czech polka performed by a Dutch orchestra that specializes in Austrian waltz music. :D

That German schlager ode to Mexico may have a Spanish rumba rhythmic base, which would have its roots in Cuba, but the vibe is more Polish-American polka, which they say is really from Czechia. If that's not world music, I don't know what is. :D

O.K. folks. When you just shit into this thread its over. In Germany we call what I did here concerning this thread 'Perlen vor die Saeue.'
What should I aswer on this post?

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

O.K. folks. When you just shit into this thread its over. In Germany we call what I did here concerning this thread 'Perlen vor die Saeue.'
What should I aswer on this post?

...But I was being good, and behaving well!! Why are you punishing me with that too!? ...Look, I'll play you the "UltraMegaDeathDanceRemix" version of La Macarena, and we'll put an end to the thread and almost to the end of intelligent life on the planet, heh, heh...

...Do you want something authentic and really old?: Here I leave you this popular song from my country that goes back to the Middle Ages...: "El anillo" ("The ring"):

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

Come on, let's see if you're going to fight between northerners, it's supposed to be me who is the hot-blooded thoughtless one here, heh, heh... Let's see if it's true that beauty appeases beasts: here's two doses...

Eltitoguay

Spain
61KmgONtqVL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts